Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

They need to fix Camping

jamally093jamally093 Member Posts: 718

I had a doc who slugged and camped at 4 gens and the devs say their fixing it. Taking away points doesn't do jack people don’t care make the punishment something like I don't know the cooldown is slower for hitting a survivor or something.

Comments

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,441

Hitting a survivor on hook? Or do you mean a slower bleed out time? I am confused by what the problem is.

• legacycoltlegacycolt Member Posts: 1,293

And here comes the clowns saying „camping is a legit strategy“

„The devs have stated it’s a legit strategy“. Yeah nah that’s a lazy excuse. They already tried fixing it so it can’t be that legit hm?

• jamally093jamally093 Member Posts: 718

I understand if someone camps at 1 gen with maybe two or just one hook but it's when people camp at five or four gens and slug not by option because of dc but just because they want to and just let you bleed out.

• BardonBardon Member Posts: 673

You can call it lazy if you like, but camping and tunnelling are pretty much the only legit killer strategies right now with CoH removing hit&run as a viable option and MMR only rewarding the number of kills a killer gets. There is no incentive to do anything but down & kill survivors ASAP to improve your odds so camping & tunnelling it's going to be unless something gets changed by the devs, and they've given no indication of that aside from a vague mention of working on incentives not to face-camp.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,805
    edited May 21

If a killer is camping a hook, but still applying pressure on nearby gens or survivors then they are still doing their job regardless of number of gens done. Killers are perfectly allowed to defend against unhooks.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,486

It's on survivors to avoid detection and escape chases (both of which can be done without perks), that's where your control of the situation ends. It's not the killer's responsibility to allow you additional chances, that's up to your teammates regardless of the situation.

It doesn't matter how many gens are done, killers are trying to accomplish their objective within the match time which survivors dictate.

• TostapaneTostapane Member Posts: 781

nerf genspeed, eliminate unfair godloops that cannot being mindgamed and you'll see a lot of killers switch their attitudes of camping and tunneling (granted, some people will still do it, but i'll bet that the majority of players will play more chill and in a fun way for both sides)

• WesCravenFanWesCravenFan Member Posts: 1,468
  • RisingTronRisingTron Member Posts: 459

Camping and tunneling is only a "legit strategy" if you're on the wire and you have no choice. How is it a legit strategy to camp and tunnel someone at 4 gens? That's what my problem is.

If there are two gens left and you're low on hooks and you NEED to camp in order to secure a couple kills. Then go for it. But when the game has barely started? Just...why?

• StarrseedStarrseed Member Posts: 950

As sad as it sound s camping and tunneling is just the most effective way atm. Gens are going really fast and you often loose two or three while you are at your first chase and since survs just love it to throw them self at you while you camp it's just freaking efficient. Tunneling is so good because the earlier you can make it a 3v1 the better because like I said you loose gens quick and it's just not possible to be at 4 places at once so you look to reduce that to three.

Once the first guy is dead most killers start to play much more fair and relaxed. If you have one guy on a hook you can patrol the gens and search for the one survs that works them because the other one is on his way to unhook and then you can make it a cycle.

I think when we get the perk reworks and base game changes the whole tunneling and camping thing will quite down but of course you will always have people that do it out of spite

• HannaciaHannacia Member Posts: 652
    edited May 21

There is camping and then there is camping.

If killer puts a survivor to hook and sees other survivor/s around the hook instantly or downs another survivor near the hook..the killer has no reason to leave the hook. This is the fault of the survivors. I see this a lot in my killer and survivor games. I am there hooking a person and someone runs to me i down them next to the hook.. i aint picking that person up i let them be on the ground next to the hooked person its a win win situation for me. I also see this as a survivor when im hooked. Someone gets downed near or next to the hook and just stays there giving the killer no reason to hook him or her or leave. Survivors are quick to blame killer for camping or slugging at this point not realising its their own fault.

Then theres the actual camping put a survivor to the hook stare into their pretty eyes until they are dead. Which camping are we talking about?

• DangerScouseDangerScouse Member Posts: 945

I haven't heard one single "fix" for camping that won't break the game.

Why aren't we asking to fix the root cause if why killers camp? I.e. the severe Survivor bias this game promoted.

• lemonswaylemonsway Member Posts: 971

Wanna know a reason as to why Killers Camp? Because kills mean more than actually playing the game. Why should killers put in massive work and try to get 8 hooks and 0 kills when that 1 Camp kill means more than 8 hooks? Think about this...

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,583

Imagine if killers seriously complained about hookstates like survs do about gens:

"Campers doing 3 gens at 1hook"

"Camper rushing gens with only one chase"

Its funny that it's only bad if killers do their objective before survivors reached a randomly chosen amount of finished objectives.

• lemonswaylemonsway Member Posts: 971

Wanna know another reason as to why killers camp? Why should a killer chase the same person 6 times for 6 hits if he can get a kill with 2 hits?

• AykDanroydAykDanroyd Member Posts: 95

Not when there are 5 4 or mostly even 3 gens left. The game should easily be able to track that by comparing the camping to the amount of gens left and the match timer with how much time elapsed, since I'm pretty sure every match is clocked somewhere. My main exception is toxic survivors but I'd rather not have to deal with the overwhelming about of bad killers who can't play and camp than deal with an occasional toxic survivor who I punish by camping as killer.

Seriously, how the hell do new players ever expect to improve in this game if they play like that? When I started playing killer, I took the losses like a champ until I learned to play better. It made me realize what I was doing wrong and fixed it rather than get rewarded for trash, no-skill play, which would only keep someone in playing like that if they don't learn the hard way. That style of play is pretty much DBD's version of a participation trophy. ######### participation trophies!!!!!

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,805

There are valid reasons to camp at 5 gens left. Just because you personally don't like it doesn't mean it's any less valid or is "no-skill". Having a good sense of the game state is a part of good strategic camping.

Survivors being around the hook and not doing gens means there's no reason for the killer to leave the hook.

Some maps have gen placements that aren't worth defending in the first place so the best strategy is to focus on a smaller area of the map. Especially on maps like Resting Place where it's very easy to split the map in half and completely ignore one half.

Killer powers that are very good at defending an area like Trapper and Hag naturally lead themselves to camping as well, Because it makes little sense to leave the zone you've set up just because you hooked a survivor inside the zone.

• SimfelizSimfeliz Member Posts: 1,988

Look, I'm not a big fan of people who camp and tunnel at 5 or even 4 gens. I try to avoid that style of play but I can totally understand why some do it. Just last night, during one particular match I could have tunnelled two survivors very early on. I kept encountering the same two survivors and because I didn't want to tunnel I left them in chase and went after healthy survivors. I got 0k where if I had tunneled I would have had at least 2k, probably more. To top it off they all tbag me at the gate.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,658

The devs tried to "fix" camping a couple of times. Each and every single one of them, survivors found a way to abuse the new system.

So, if you want to thank someone why we can´t have nice things then... well...