Home Discussions General Discussions

This may seem like a dumb or pointless question but, what do you think about the DBD community?

2»

Comments

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,066

@RSB said:
    It is toxic, even on the new forum people sometimes can't behave like normal human beings.

I've made at least 3 enemies in less than a day on here lmao

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

@weirdkid5 said:

@RSB said:
    It is toxic, even on the new forum people sometimes can't behave like normal human beings.

I've made at least 3 enemies in less than a day on here lmao

There is a kid stalking me and voting down every my post. He even insulted me in http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2075#Comment_2075 this thread.

• TradebaronTradebaron Member Posts: 135
    Another aspect we have to account for is that any forum for any game is only one side of the situation in terms of complaints and being unhappy. World of Warcraft forums for example are generally filled with the same thoughts and mentalities I've seen on Reddit and elsewhere.

Not that the thoughts aren't right or valid, just that it can be easy to see the doom and gloom sometimes and feel that no one enjoys their experience, where in fact there's a silent majority that seems fine with it.

My takeaway here is, sure, listen to feedback and opinions on the forums, it's important. But don't make them the only voices for the community.
  • Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,294

@Tradebaron said:
    Another aspect we have to account for is that any forum for any game is only one side of the situation in terms of complaints and being unhappy. World of Warcraft forums for example are generally filled with the same thoughts and mentalities I've seen on Reddit and elsewhere.

Not that the thoughts aren't right or valid, just that it can be easy to see the doom and gloom sometimes and feel that no one enjoys their experience, where in fact there's a silent majority that seems fine with it.

My takeaway here is, sure, listen to feedback and opinions on the forums, it's important. But don't make them the only voices for the community.

Couldn't agree more.

• MemberBerryMemberBerry Member Posts: 394

Most survivors are toxic and biased, while most killers are unhappy, negative and dislike the game (all for a good reason). Sure, you can, here, tell me you're not toxic, but 80% of the survivors t-bag and flicker their flashlights, so what's the point of saying it?

Most survivors are toxic and biased, while most killers are unhappy, negative and dislike the game (all for a good reason). Sure, you can, here, tell me you're not toxic, but 80% of the survivors t-bag and flicker their flashlights, so what's the point of saying it?

True and I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience. I know what's it like, heck had a killer match where every survivor spouted racist words at me for winning.

But I find connecting with people and making friends in the game helps alleviate the issues a bit. As a survivor it's helpful so you can do kyf more or even a fun team. As a killer it'll help to chat and practice or at least vent the frustrations.

Sad thing is jerks will be on any game, all we can do individual is try our best.
  • Shazzabam10Shazzabam10 Member Posts: 29

@stereoparade said:
    I actually think the community is pretty positive at large, it's just that the people who are happy with the steps that are being taken or who at least politely try to discuss their frustration at balance/gameplay issues usually aren't the ones who get heard. It's like watching the dev stream: there are 4-5k people in there watching, and most of them are actually listening to the devs. But you've also got a couple hundred people chatting and saying a bunch of negative crap (and even of those not EVERYONE who chats is being negative/toxic) - those people are the vocal minority and IMO they will never be satisfied with the game no matter what the devs try to do to please them.

It's the same with post game chat. I have had a TON of games where a lot has hit the fan and yet we can all say "gg" at the end of the match, fair and simple. I've had games as killer where I've been stomped on and the survivors don't get toxic with me after chat, they actually give advice or tell me a certain part that I did well on. Then there are games where someone just has to troll at the end (survivor or killer, or both). I still chalk that up to being a toxic minority though. I've met amazing people playing this game, and I think that's indicative of the community in general. <3

I honestly couldn’t agree with you more man.

• HUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPYHUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPY Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2018
    The dbd community is like a school bus. You’ve got the people down the front of the bus who play how they want and don’t care about any one else (the quiet ones).

you’ve got the people in the middle of the bus. They’ll play fair but only if the opponent plays fair (the “normal” people on the bus.

then you have the backseat bandits, ie, the bullies. The ones that can dish but most certainly cannot take. The pallet loopers, the ones that ruin the killer’s fun yet have something rude to say when the killer ruins their fun.

• Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Man children.
  • AsianMammothAsianMammoth Member Posts: 80

Too toxic. Mostly survivor mains that bully new players into abandoning the game.

• swenpaiswenpai Member Posts: 258
    Dead By Daylight has a great community after all.
    Maight be some weird stuff here and there, but compared to other games, it's great.
  • UncomfortableUncomfortable Member Posts: 15

It's not the most toxic community, but it's still pretty bad. Go to any dbd player's steam profile(including mine), and you'll see tons of people just commenting insulting stuff. I always keep my end game chat closed because I can honestly can't handle negative online interactions. I just can't stand having that negativity in my life. It almost feels like every time I open the end game chat it's always someone saying stuff like "reported for camping" "noob killer" "Skrub player needs crutch killer to win". It's even gotten to the point where one of the most "popular" players is toxic. Someone who bullies obviously new players, exploits, and gets his fans to mass report people is one of the biggest names in this community. I honestly don't even want to say his name, but I'm pretty sure you know who he is.

It's not all terrible obviously. I've met friendly and funny people through this community, but the competitive nature of the game can bring out the worst in people.

It's not the most toxic community, but it's still pretty bad. Go to any dbd player's steam profile(including mine), and you'll see tons of people just commenting insulting stuff. I always keep my end game chat closed because I can honestly can't handle negative online interactions. I just can't stand having that negativity in my life. It almost feels like every time I open the end game chat it's always someone saying stuff like "reported for camping" "noob killer" "Skrub player needs crutch killer to win". It's even gotten to the point where one of the most "popular" players is toxic. Someone who bullies obviously new players, exploits, and gets his fans to mass report people is one of the biggest names in this community. I honestly don't even want to say his name, but I'm pretty sure you know who he is.

It's not all terrible obviously. I've met friendly and funny people through this community, but the competitive nature of the game can bring out the worst in people.

Man I hate hearing of this. It does suck when people are being treated like garbage for merely playing a game.

Ya know, anyone is free to friend me and chill if you ever like. I joined the game to make friends and hope we can all try to be friendlier to one another. Praise the Entity, you do it's work well my friends.
  • AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

DBD community summed up in two seconds,
    Survivors - want easy wins every round and don't care how much they have to break the game to get it
    Killers- Want the game too be an actual horror asymmetrical game where they can actually be feared and feel like killers instead of clowns making circles around pieces of wood.

• ThePloopzThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010

DBD community summed up in two seconds,
    Survivors - want easy wins every round and don't care how much they have to break the game to get it
    Killers- Want the game too be an actual horror asymmetrical game where they can actually be feared and feel like killers instead of clowns making circles around pieces of wood.

You sound like a salty killer main
    edited May 2018

Wanna prove it?

Guess I can call you a toxic survivor main but I won't because these forums are not here for the steam/reddit lvl of toxic.

• NanisNanis Member Posts: 58

I find that One toxic person is all it takes to make others around him super toxic as well. It's a constant domino effect that cause people to be very salty, troll a lot and be toxic as a result.
    I remember first playing the game in mid 2016 that there were a lot of complaints about broken things in the game, and I didn't care nor did a lot of my friends. The game was very brand new and you just had to learn to adapt.

Comparing the community then to now, the community is more toxic now. I've been a victim of becoming toxic (I also am to blame for letting it happen) because I had a killer who face camped/tunneled me (because the game before that he played, he was pallet looped/flashlighted/body blocked) or survivors who don't unhook me safely/do gens/bodyblock the killer hits and whether or not it was the survivors/killers fault for that or their own fault cause their skill is low, this is a result. And then my next game I play I either end up trolling the next killer or taking it out on the survivors by not helping.

Ultimately I try my best to not be toxic or troll excessively, and to constantly be prepared to adapt. That's all you can do. There's always going to be something broken or unfair as long as new content is being added (And I think we all like new content)

The thing I believe now that is causing the most toxicity is the Emblem system for BOTH killers and survivors. That's another conversation for another thread. Changes need to be made, a lot of them and I don't see toxicity going away(or decreasing) anytime soon until they change this.

• ThePloopzThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010

Wanna prove it?

Guess I can call you a toxic survivor main but I won't because these forums are not here for the steam/reddit lvl of toxic.

I said sound like not are

I said sound like not are

Ahhh,my bad then.