Home Discussions Lore

No Kids?

2

Comments

  • robinrobin Member Posts: 149

    think about this in a real sense and not a lore sense...how would it look to have a game where you can kill little kids by hanging them on meat hooks.

  • βLAKEβLAKE Member Posts: 544

    @robin said:
    think about this in a real sense and not a lore sense...how would it look to have a game where you can kill little kids by hanging them on meat hooks.

    It's a video game and i'm talking about the story/lore.

  • JavierdbdJavierdbd Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2018

    I don't think it will be appropriate to see a 12yo child being chainsaw in two piece by a savage killer, for exemple Leatherface with his memento

  • foxofthestarsfoxofthestars Member Posts: 81

    @βLAKE said:
    How come there are no children present in the Entity's world? No kid survivors or kid killers? Wouldn't kids be an easier target since they are easily prone to losing hope and do the bidding of the entity?

    I would definitly love to see some Lord of the Flies kinda [BAD WORD] going on. LOL

  • foxofthestarsfoxofthestars Member Posts: 81

    @Chrismor said:
    children and terror and gore have always been a taboo very few movies have had the "courage" to show or even suggest child deaths that are not in the context of an accident

    right now I only remember The Blob and the Japanese movie Battle Royale about a child killer, what about that "little boy" in the movie Trick'r treat kill with a lollipop would be fun

    Go watch Lord of the Flies. All about crazy kids that turn on each other . They even kill one kid by pushing a huge boulder on top of his head!

  • DocDoc Member Posts: 93

    A kid in this game would be [BAD WORD] awesome. I really hope the devs add it.

  • xxaggieboyxxxxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498

    @Twitchin said:
    View model and animations would be harder because obviously, smaller the player model the harder it is to see in grass, on the map in general.

    Not sure it's something the developers would like to really do, considering it would require a lot of balances.

    I'm also not sure how the story would be written for that either.

    What do I know though.

    @Dizzylizard said:
    difficult to pull off without causing an uproar about connotations with a case like the poor Jamey bulger murder in Britain, in ether case it would be risky to introduce a child in some way without ensuing a lawsuit from someone regardless of which side of the game the are on.

    Also this ^

    here the lore, little timmy went a little too far away in recess and was never seen again

  • βLAKEβLAKE Member Posts: 544

    Lore not gameplay guys.

  • ILOVEMYSUPERDOG114ILOVEMYSUPERDOG114 Member Posts: 45

    eleven of stranger things on dead by daylight 8-) turururururururururururururu

  • SilasSilas Member Posts: 307

    @Chrismor said:

    Sam!!

  • JusticeZEROJusticeZERO Member Posts: 170
    edited June 2018

    From a lore perspective...."The Entity needs each Survivor to feel hope," - I think a kid would be instantly terrified to the point that hope wouldnt be a thought in their mind at any point of the trials.

  • OtarOtar Member Posts: 6

    @JusticeZERO said:
    From a lore perspective...."The Entity needs each Survivor to feel hope," - I think a kid would be instantly terrified to the point that hope wouldnt be a thought in their mind at any point of the trials.

    (Attention: Spoiler)
    Reminds me on the 2 films "Sinister" and "Sinister 2", where the youngest Child kill a hole family, before it took away from the boogeyman. These kids were normal, before they started to see the freeking tapes or got in touch with the darkness. Thats why I agree with you @JusticeZERO.

  • Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,821
    edited June 2018

    I personally think it would be a cool idea, I am sure some others would agree, but kids being killed is a bad look for the game, even if it is just a game. Some people cannot accept that.

    We can pretend story/lore wise that there may be or are children, even if the devs have not mentioned anything about it. But it really just comes down to how it would look to the rest of society.

    And with how things have been the past few years, I can't say it would be a positive outlook. Even if the general audience does not care.

    But I do think a child as a killer has more potential to get into the game than a child as a survivor.

  • βLAKEβLAKE Member Posts: 544

    @Swiftblade131 said:
    I personally think it would be a cool idea, I am sure some others would agree, but kids being killed is a bad look for the game, even if it is just a game. Some people cannot accept that.

    We can pretend story/lore wise that there may be or are children, even if the devs have not mentioned anything about it. But it really just comes down to how it would look to the rest of society.

    And with how things have been the past few years, I can't say it would be a positive outlook. Even if the general audience does not care.

    But I do think a child as a killer has more potential to get into the game than a child as a survivor.

    I agree but I started this post talking about lore not gameplay so please keep that in mind.

  • βLAKEβLAKE Member Posts: 544

    @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:
    The main reason might be the reason why Fallout removed the ability to kill kids: Controversy and potential bans in certain countries.

    Try to justify yourself as a company that lets kid be playable as survivors and explain they get hooked on hooks and can be mori'd, which vary from cannibalism to slashing and chainsawing.

    You have to consider, in the long run the devs are the entity.

    Plus there might be kids, but always keep in mind that the entity has several realms and we're just playing one of them, so there is a possibility in another realm there are kids, but it's less likely for us to ever see that unless it's done as a killer.

    again like I said many times before. I can see the justification, but i'm talking lore wise not gameplay wise.

  • βLAKEβLAKE Member Posts: 544

    Please guys. If you're about to comment on here please remember that we are in the 'LORE' forum section. I love to read these comments about the topic but it pains me when people start talking about gameplay aspects of having kids in DBD.

  • βLAKEβLAKE Member Posts: 544

    @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:
    The main reason might be the reason why Fallout removed the ability to kill kids: Controversy and potential bans in certain countries.

    Try to justify yourself as a company that lets kid be playable as survivors and explain they get hooked on hooks and can be mori'd, which vary from cannibalism to slashing and chainsawing.

    You have to consider, in the long run the devs are the entity.

    I'm talking about what you said in this.

  • xmenfanaticxmenfanatic Member Posts: 776

    As a killer, that might be possible. Like if they introduce an “government experiment” like 11, but it’s very improbable for a Survivor.

    The licensed characters probably have stipulations that would not allow the film series character to be in the game without certain limits put in place. Or they might possibly have to remove a specific licensed character to do that. I don’t think any of the licensed film series have had a little kid as a victim, at , least not in the circumstance where they get thrown onto a meat hook, bleed out on the ground, or get stabbed to death by Michael.

    Also, adding a Survivor of a different size would probably mess up mechanics like hooking them produce glitches or make hiding in the grass too easy.

    A killer though, they never die, and getting hit by a pallet or blinded by a flashlight wouldn’t be the worst thing

  • Salty_PearlSalty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,157
    edited July 2018

    I think kids would lose too much hope and besides, being another survivor and seeing/hearing a kid being put on a meat hook would really lower your sanity.

  • MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,173

    @βLAKE said:
    How come there are no children present in the Entity's world? No kid survivors or kid killers? Wouldn't kids be an easier target since they are easily prone to losing hope and do the bidding of the entity?

    The developers took the inspiration for the Entity from a song (sorry I don't have the link) and in that song the Entity not only feeds on hope but is drawn by negative emotions. Aside from the whole (can't kill kids in video games) I think the Entity might be weaker against people (like kids) who for the most part are innocent.

  • WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,118
    βLAKE said:

    How come there are no children present in the Entity's world? No kid survivors or kid killers? Wouldn't kids be an easier target since they are easily prone to losing hope and do the bidding of the entity?

    That’d be one hell of a quick way to get an AO rating. They want to appeal to younger audiences in order to get more revenue, hence, they follow ESRB guidelines. This includes Avatar mutilation- to which children for the moooost part have to avoid it. Plus... kids would be like- really OP, considering the killers are supposed to be big, and the survivors are supposed to be average height. So unless you want a kid with gigantism running around, I don’t think this idea would work in the first place.
  • FoggyDownpourFoggyDownpour Member Posts: 289
    From a lore stand point, I don't think that the entity would avoid using a child as a killer over all. Seeing the types of powers and changes the entity makes to a killer would make is easy for me to see how that could happen and how the strong emotions a child harbors could be used to encourage killing. It would also cause strong emotions in survivors to see a child (or what used to be a child) coming after them like that.

    As for survivors, I don't think it's possible for children to be there (or at least rather unlikely). The entity doesn't modify survivors in the same way/intensity that it does for killers, generally leaving them in their original state. 

    Children are still developing rapidly and are going to be changing a lot over short periods of time. They are generally less stable emotionally and the entity might sense the changes in them while looking at their potential to be viable emotion live stock. They need to be emotional, but consistent, and a child is going to be less consistent and predictable than an adult. As far as I'm aware, a survivor doesn't age while in the entity's realm, so a person's current state of stability (child, adult, or elder) would likely be somewhat frozen depending on when that person was taken. 

    Another good reason to choose adults over children is their view on the world. An adult is going to be more realistic in how they see things and have a much broader knowledge base than a kid. Children would be less likely to understand things like generators, breaking hooks, and how to heal wounds, which skews the numbers of survivors surviving trials. There are no tutorials in the entity's realm and most survivors have to figure out how to get out on their own, using skills they already know and general problem solving in order to survive.

    Another point to consider is the physical limitations children have. Not only do they lack the muscle and strength to do many of the tasks at hand, but they also lack the height. It's hard to imagine a kid unhooking someone when adults have to stretch to get them off the hook, which doesn't even mention the strength needed to lift an adult up and off. Kids are not as fast over long distances as adults are, making it difficult to win a chase. Throwing down pallets and vaulting through windows would bring their own challenges, same with carrying or running with a metal toolbox.

    The last point I can think of is that children are more likely to hide in terror than face the monsters waiting to lunge at them from the shadows. Half of the killers are 8 feet tall, which is double the size of a small child.
  • AnthonyC2014AnthonyC2014 Member Posts: 90

    There's the problem. The entity does not WANT you to lose hope. He wants you to keep your hope so he can feed off of it and get stronger. If you lose hope, it's a waste of his time and your life. The entity doesn't care about your life, but he wants someone who can survive very well and keep their hope intact. Why do you think he chose people like Kate? Who is an optimist who never loses hope, she was an easy target out in the woods and she could NOT lose hope too fast. He wants to feed off of your hope and get stronger.

  • AnthonyC2014AnthonyC2014 Member Posts: 90

    @βLAKE said:

    @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:
    The main reason might be the reason why Fallout removed the ability to kill kids: Controversy and potential bans in certain countries.

    Try to justify yourself as a company that lets kid be playable as survivors and explain they get hooked on hooks and can be mori'd, which vary from cannibalism to slashing and chainsawing.

    You have to consider, in the long run the devs are the entity.

    Plus there might be kids, but always keep in mind that the entity has several realms and we're just playing one of them, so there is a possibility in another realm there are kids, but it's less likely for us to ever see that unless it's done as a killer.

    again like I said many times before. I can see the justification, but i'm talking lore wise not gameplay wise.

    That IS lore, you're just being stubborn at this point. We're pointing out all the flaws but you're calling them gameplay mechanics. There's probably kids somewhere in the Entity's Realms, we're only in one of the potential thousands of realms. He's feeding off of our hope. He does not WANT us to lose hope, he does not WANT the killer to feel that this is easy. He wants to absorb the killer's rage and the survivor's desperation. Children would be useless to him, hope is not a thought in their mind when Michael Myers shows up, or Freddy Krueger, what if they heard he was a pedophile?
    Children would be too hard to add, would make no sense lore-wise, and they would destroy the game's popularity, making it feel less realistic in the sense that there are many people in the Entity's realm.
    In fact, the Entity might be able to pull multiple of the same person into a single trial... Imagine, everyone in the trial is playing as a kid, and they would have to stay away from Little Girls. That is the Huntress' only exception when it comes to killing. They would NOT make sense to be in the game, also, what would their perks be, they can't just bootleg Leader and call it hopebringer or something like that. Not much a child CAN do. Children don't often know how to heal severe injuries like an ax to the back? They would not make sense to be in the Entity's Realm. If the devs added children in the game, it would get worldwide bans, make no sense lore-wise, be hard to add gameplay-wise, etc.
    Please, don't try to force the devs into adding a child into the game and slow down the game's development. If they did, you'd see the same toxic killer over and over again and you'd always have to play against that player, or you would see the same toxic survivor who DCs when they get hooked, therefore leaving it to the rest of your team to get 5 generators done.

  • βLAKEβLAKE Member Posts: 544

    @AnthonyC2014 said:

    @βLAKE said:

    @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:
    The main reason might be the reason why Fallout removed the ability to kill kids: Controversy and potential bans in certain countries.

    Try to justify yourself as a company that lets kid be playable as survivors and explain they get hooked on hooks and can be mori'd, which vary from cannibalism to slashing and chainsawing.

    You have to consider, in the long run the devs are the entity.

    Plus there might be kids, but always keep in mind that the entity has several realms and we're just playing one of them, so there is a possibility in another realm there are kids, but it's less likely for us to ever see that unless it's done as a killer.

    again like I said many times before. I can see the justification, but i'm talking lore wise not gameplay wise.

    That IS lore, you're just being stubborn at this point. We're pointing out all the flaws but you're calling them gameplay mechanics. There's probably kids somewhere in the Entity's Realms, we're only in one of the potential thousands of realms. He's feeding off of our hope. He does not WANT us to lose hope, he does not WANT the killer to feel that this is easy. He wants to absorb the killer's rage and the survivor's desperation. Children would be useless to him, hope is not a thought in their mind when Michael Myers shows up, or Freddy Krueger, what if they heard he was a pedophile?
    Children would be too hard to add, would make no sense lore-wise, and they would destroy the game's popularity, making it feel less realistic in the sense that there are many people in the Entity's realm.
    In fact, the Entity might be able to pull multiple of the same person into a single trial... Imagine, everyone in the trial is playing as a kid, and they would have to stay away from Little Girls. That is the Huntress' only exception when it comes to killing. They would NOT make sense to be in the game, also, what would their perks be, they can't just bootleg Leader and call it hopebringer or something like that. Not much a child CAN do. Children don't often know how to heal severe injuries like an ax to the back? They would not make sense to be in the Entity's Realm. If the devs added children in the game, it would get worldwide bans, make no sense lore-wise, be hard to add gameplay-wise, etc.
    Please, don't try to force the devs into adding a child into the game and slow down the game's development. If they did, you'd see the same toxic killer over and over again and you'd always have to play against that player, or you would see the same toxic survivor who DCs when they get hooked, therefore leaving it to the rest of your team to get 5 generators done.

    jesus christ. this is such an old topic that has been talked to death. I don't even have to read half of your paragraph because I can already tell you went off topic and didn't read the earlier posts. just move on dude.

  • CrowCrow Member Posts: 113
    My god, this post was full of white knights like who cares if you hook a kid or mori him/her in a videogame, you're not hurting anybody at any time.

    Besides, for the lorewise thing, to the entity kids are basically free meal as they don't know how the world works so they just keep having hope that something will save them.
  • OnionthingOnionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited December 2018

    Typically (traditionally) survivors have been teenagers to senior citizens. Only one movie with a clown really comes to mind where junior highers or below fill that role, oh and that netflix show. Typically because, unless they are a total gary stu/ mary sue kids don't have the developed survival instinct, and they are squishy. What child do you know has the strength or technical know how to repair a generator, sabotage a hook, perform first aid, yadda-yadda? Some people would probably get their ha-ha-s from hooking a kid, but in the predator and prey standpoint i see it boring as all shizz.

    NOW A CHILD KILLER, on the other hand... The only thing mechanically about would be this ... imagine how small killers like Freddy, Hag and,Legion can throw people off .... now go smaller... I would about the crud out of that, I'm just saying.. I would take that broken mess and wreck people with it. Hide behind windows, jukes get nullifed, oh yeah.. that would be awesome.. probably the reason why it wouldn't happen. Now get ssmmmaaaalllleeerrrrr .. lets go Chucky sized and the trolling possibilities are endless!

    Now Lore wise, i would assume that Innocence is a perfect counter to Corruption, Light versus dark. The entity would probably LOVE to eat some little kids, but its a bit harder since its kinda out of the reach of the big bad. Im coming from lovecraftian logic here, so who knows. Maybe we will be able to coat our pebbles in the tears of innocent children to one shot the entity in the near future.

  • ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 3,180

    Little Michael tries to stab Laurie during the trial.

    Laurie just jumps over him.

Sign In or Register to comment.