Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Gen speeds needs to be discussed

Comments

• CrazewtboyCrazewtboy Member Posts: 1,172

I believe they said in the anniversary stream they are looking into base game changes as well and I hope that is one of them. Gens definitely go way to quick, especially against people who know what they are doing. I'm worried that a change to speeds won't change much though as gen rushing will always be the most effective strategy to secure survivors an escape (and I can't fault them for that)

• 28STABWOUNDS28STABWOUNDS Member Posts: 376

at least they are making killers that have map control right?

• AnchorTeaAnchorTea Member Posts: 853

Gen speeds are the bone of the game. So much stuff was built around them. It would be insanely difficult to change gens speeds that would satsify everyone and make sure it doesnt break something.

Maps changing or a new slowdown mechanic could be introduced to combat this.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 3,105

That's funny. The last match I played was over 4 mins and only one gen completed.

This is more of a problem of killer not applying pressure and not utilizing the vast number of perks and strategies available.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,050

They would have to literally nerf a lot, if not all gen slow down perks in order to nerf their base speed.

Something which I believe they won’t do.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,963

DS prevents tunneling? Sounds interesting. Tell me more!

I don´t use DS and only use BT, because some teammates have a urge to run straight into the killer. I´m having a above average escape rate without DS. So nope, as solo survivor i don´t feel forced to use DS.

Lets take a look into the past. Back when Undying was released. There were absolutely no threads about camping or tunneling killers on the forum. There where tons of "Undying Ruin OP, pls nerf" threads. But camping didn´t seem to be an issue. Why? Because a killer that wanted to get any benefit from Undying Ruin, had to constantly switch targets. He couldn´t camp or tunnel.

Now fast forward to the Undying nerf and suddenly the camping and tunneling threads are back.

What a surprise! Who would have guessed, that killers with enough time to actually play the game, would prefer longer matches?!

• jarjargist21jarjargist21 Member Posts: 401

I would love hear your take on DBD on MrGimms' broadcast. I think you could really express yourself and show your points of view from the forums to the broadcast.

If you're nervous that's alright MrGimms is a very nice guy, he only teases around with the forums.

• HilidarisHilidaris Member Posts: 164

he's right.

I think too that the gen speed is too fast, but making it longer would be such a pain in the ass, sit there for 2 minutes doing nothing but skill checks, pretty boring.

if there's was a secondary objective, that would be a bit refreshing and make the game a bit longer

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 924

Gen speeds have been discussed, which slowed down the progress when multiple people are on the gen, also, if gens are getting done that quick in your games I suggest looking into different methods of applying gen pressure. That is not normal.

• YippiekiyahYippiekiyah Member Posts: 118

Corrupt Intervention needs to be basekit.

• UnknownKillerUnknownKiller Member Posts: 2,277

Well if u dont spawn on a gen you spawn next to his Hex so...

• ArchAbhorArchAbhor Member Posts: 720

devs dont care about this. Been an issue forever and they've shot down attempts at fixing it and now ignore it. They probably think its fine. Which it isnt but if you fix survivor objective speeds. You then have to address tunneling and camping because they will be op if surv objective is increased.

THEN you have to deal with the gen slowdown perks and meta. They keep doubling down with the perks associated with the gens so those will have to be toned down or do something else.

My opinion, to much work for them. Thats why they are doubling down on the meta.

• M4dBoOmrM4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited June 11

what happend to the early game things like collecting petrol/machine parts/tools first before you can work on gens etc?

didn't they talk about stuff like that? (some time ago)

• remoirelremoirel Member Posts: 210

Look at it this way:

>Survivors do Gens

>Killer brings slowdown perks to help them extend a match

>Survivors now concentrate on powering through gens with less interaction with the killer due to slowdown perks

>Killer now camps or tunnels due to no interaction with survivors before gens start popping

>Survivors now have no choice but to power through gens because saving against a camper or trying to distract a tunneler is a waste of time

• lemonswaylemonsway Member Posts: 1,015

Gen speeds aren't the issue, the issue is it takes forever for killers to do anything. THe Maps are enormous so they take forever to get anywhere. TP killers have obnoxiously long cooldowns. "Fast" move speed killers can only move slightly faster and that's their only power. M1 killers can't run, they walk painfully. Getting Myers out of Tier 1 is the biggest challenge any Myers player can have.

Do you see where i'm getting at? Everything killers do take so much time that it makes it look like gens fly super fast. Gens aren't the issue per se, it's everything else that a killer needs to worry about that keeps preventing killers from managing to keep pressure on gens.

Smaller Maps would solve about 75% of the problems...But we keep getting gigantic maps cluttered in the middle with op buildings while the gens are in the empty areas of the map, which breakes gameflow.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,818
    edited June 11

Here lies the problem, the meta on both sides can be so efficient it renders almost any game variety mute.

I don’t just mean meta perks either but tactics as well. Splitting up on gens vs eliminating a player early via tunnelling.

If they are going to implement mechanics that prevent early player elimination then there needs to be mechanics that prevent survivors from smashing out one gen each at game start. Otherwise the gameplay will stay stagnant.

• IcaursIcaurs Member Posts: 497

The gen speeds are fine. See what happened was originally dbd had a focus on stealth. Survivors moved slower and matches took longer. Now killers find survivors in seconds due to the perks, and removal of darker lighting ect. Since survivors cannot stealth they do the objective.

Its the same reason why survivors rarely bother with sabo or body blocking. Its just not worth it. Thus survivors near exclusively do gens.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 5,144

That's hopefully what will be addressed with the upcoming perk update. Or I am just being too hopeful. I also don't want to have to use so many slowdown perks with killers.

• EvilSerjeEvilSerje Member Posts: 518
    edited June 12

Well, to play more than 4 minutes you better give survivors something to do, other than gens. Healing for example. Running only after one survivor and then facecamping him in hope that you have casual survivors that come to you as easy prey? That's more fun?

When I play survivor, I want to play a game that lasts more than 1 minute! Other time i either do skillchecks on gen or dangle on hook getting slapped.

Sadako main, btw (in case there would be suggestions like "ouf, you play nurse-blight, bla bla bla")

The amount of threads complaining about camping dropped significantly during that period. Go check yourself if you don't believe me.