Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Would Oni be to strong if

Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,411

Would Oni be to strong if he started the game with his power? Onis biggest weakness is the early game cause he can be looped and gen rushed before he even gets his power.

Would making him start the game with his power make him better or it’s unnecessary?

If they were it should be were he starts the game with his power but when he picks up he loses his power completely. But then when he uses it again and he picks up he functions like normal.

Comments

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Yes it would be op.

• ProudRinMainProudRinMain Member Posts: 137
    edited June 12

Nah it wouldn’t be op. It would actually make him viable. But i’d say make it an iri first and see how it goes. One QOL change he needs is for his power to ACTUALLY fill to full without having to have to absorb an orb to reach his power like….what the hell 😂😭🙄🤦🏻‍♀️

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,411

Well here’s the deal I got my ass kicked as Oni cause of not having his power to start. ######### all of this he really should start with his power he has other counters even when In his power.

• Rogue11Rogue11 Member Posts: 867

I'd be ok with this if he didn't essentially constantly get his power back for the rest of the match after applying the slightest amount of pressure.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,180
    edited June 12

Surprised how many people think that would be OP, I mean calling it a free down at start? Seriously? That’s just ridiculous. It’s not like you get a global queue telling you he’s activated his power as a heads up..or to actually have eyes and see him rushing at you..or the fact that literally every single pallet is still up..or simply that he’s actually quite loopable even with his power up if you’re a good player. Yeah, he’d be fine with his power at start..so would almost every killer for that matter.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,043

Would it be too strong to take away the only downside to his obscenely strong power?

Yes.

• xestiocxestioc Member Posts: 17

Oni is already a pretty strong killer, he doesn't need to be buffed in any shape or form. You're asking the equivalent of should huntress be able to get more hatchets without reloading at a locker. I get that you can feel powerless if good survivors play safe but he only needs 1 good use out of his power and can bring back the game.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Lethal Pursuer exists, so yes it would be too strong.

Without Lethal I think it would be fine imo

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,287
    edited June 12

Exactly what I was thinking.

For me he is already annoying enough to go against, not because I feel he is OP, but because half of the match involves trying to rush a gen because of his snowball potential.

• BranBran Member Posts: 1,821

No, not really into possibly.

It could give a early down, but then again other killers can do the same.

If say it'd be cool if it were a iri.

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 3,928

"it would actually make him viable"

Only time Oni was even close to not being viable was when they reduced how far you could flick during a dash, which lasted like a few weeks

• AyamirAyamir Member Posts: 282

That would instantly make Kazan S tier,his biggest weakness is that he starts as a basic M1 killer with no power at all which makes him the worst killer in the early game,survivors will predrop pallets and play safe because they know that if he get a hit early into the game he can snowball so fast.

Blood Fury is arguably the second strongest power in the game next to Nurse's Spencer Last breath.

Oni is A tier beceause he can't always use his power and he needs to work for it,but once you have Blood Fury ready he becomes a slugging machine and good Onis will literally down 3 survivors in few seconds.

Lethal Pursuer + Monitor and Abuse + Infectious Fright and double durations add-ons would be the best combo for him to end games fast and get huge pressure in the early game he might be better than Blight if what you suggested goes live or they make it an Iridescent add-on.

He would be the second best killer in the game next to Nurse,Oni is already a viable killer he's a 4k machine in Comp DBD even if survivors predrop he's gonna get that hit sooner or later.

Watch swish's recent tournament Oni was one of the best killers in that tournament all games were 4k or 3k now imagine if he had his power at the start of the game.

• tofurkey_jerkytofurkey_jerky Member Posts: 36

I think that it would give Oni too much early game pressure considering how his whole game loop is centered around building up enough blood orbs on the map to give himself perpetual power uptime. The second you have 2-3 power activations worth of blood orbs lying around you can pretty much slug everyone out and have a guaranteed win. This endgame condition is offset by the time it takes to start getting downs and hits in the early game, and your ability to pressure survivors and keep them from being healed by healthy survivors.

Just putting Oni next to the survivors so he could start chasing right off the bat would be op in my opinion, and giving Oni his power is letting him get in chase instantly at best, and giving him multiple downs instantly at worst.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 2,705

yeah he's really loopable in his ability. it feels wrong. it shouldn't be possible to 1vs1 his ability. only stall it. just another one of those dbd balances around bad survivor things.

• DeathstrokeDeathstroke Member Posts: 1,620

If nurse can have her power at start why oni can't they can change that is not as long and they could change that survivors would not spawn together so then at least oni would probably get only one down with it or two in best case scenario. But it would mean oni would get his power lot sooner back as those survivors would be then injured when they are rescued. Artist is ranked better killer than oni that needs to change and oni should S tier we need more killers than just blight and nurse who are strong. Oni is most fun to play agains't of these two and more fair.

• RenRenRenRen Member Posts: 1,443

To the average player? Yes. To someone with high mmr? No. Not even close.

• egg_egg_ Member Posts: 1,211

Because nurse's power is mobility + downside (fatigue) and not mobility + instadown + literally no downside???

• DaddyMyers_MoriDaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 374

It would be OP, but it would also be great for speedruns.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 5,322

Oni is insanely strong in his power. Having that right from the get go, which also should allow him to make sure he will not run out of blood the rest of the match, is too strong. He'll just activate his power once he finds a survivor, and the likeliness of the survivor surviving that is very low.

He does have counterplay in his power, no doubt, he is still loopable to a certain extent, but the odds during chases are definitely in Onis favor, and he only needs one hit, because he insta downs survivors. Having that right from the get go would be too powerful in my opinion, and I am glad to see that most people on these forums here seem to agree. Oni is already A tier.

• DeathstrokeDeathstroke Member Posts: 1,620

Oni can be looped even in his power but nurse can't so there would be downside. Good nurse downs you in 10s so oni would still not be anywhere close to that power.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoonMikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 3,796

Nurse is should not be standart for balancing killers. She has some terrible add-ons but she has high learning curve. She is strongest killer for a reason.

We should not buff killers to her level. Oni is alright.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,180
    edited June 12

I guess that's the base problem, you're fine with A tier, I'm not.

All I care about is viable and not viable, with viable meaning against an equally skilled top tier SWF group you have a fair chance at winning without just hard tunneling/noed plays. You cannot be a killer that relies on survivor mistakes to win. A tier in DBD does not fit viable by those standards, S tier does. S tier is the balanced tier aka viable and of which all killers should be balanced to.

Anything A tier and below needs varying degrees of buffs in my opinion.

• DoritoHeadDoritoHead Member Posts: 3,524

Oni has bad maps and can struggle if survivors play safe but having him start with his power fully charged is way too much.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoonMikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 3,796

So you are saying all killers should be on Nurse & Blight's level. Sure. But what about casual players? On low ranks, there is already killer domination.

So how you will balance them? Because clearly if we makes all killers S-tier, survivors will be stomped every game. Killers will be god even against god survivors.

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 3,086

Yeah, the only thing that makes Oni's power slightly less good than Blight's is the fact you cant use it the first minute of the game, because once you get it you are pretty much guaranteed to have it nonstop as long as you manage to down someone with each meter.

Between blood orbs from injured people, hooked people, meter refill after hits and passive gain once you have it, you will always refill it fast as long as you down someone with the charge.

• DoritoHeadDoritoHead Member Posts: 3,524

In other words, solo queue players and anyone who isn’t playing in a top tier SEF with the strongest perks, addons, and map offerings can go screw themselves?