Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What's your favorite 'non-meta' perk to run?

Comments

• HannonHannon Member Posts: 221

Fixated

• pizzaduffyhp90pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 695

Survivor No Mither

Killer Blood Favor

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 7,895

Deerstalker. It's definitely not a meta perk, but it's such a nice quality of life effect being able to see the people you're slugging. It gets around all those annoying times they crawl off and you have to spend 10 or 15 seconds looking for them, or those embarrassing times you accidentally forget where you downed them in the first place. Plus it indirectly helps you keep watch for other survivors heading to revive a dying ally. This is one of those filler perks that I'll just throw in because why not? 🙂

I'll also give honorable mention to Unrelenting. Sure, if you "never miss" it's a worthless perk. But hey, I'm a klutz, I get juked a lot, and when I'm playing a basic attack killer and I run this perk I can definitely tell the difference in how much distance they gain after a whiff. I have definitely gotten downs on people after a miss that I would not have gotten without the perk. It's also a ton of fun running this perk in combination with Save the Best for Last and, if a killer has them, similar speed up add-ons so you can just chase and attack pretty much at will and stay right on the survivor's tail. (One of my favorite Demogorgon loadouts is those two perks plus two of his add-ons that speed up his recovery after Shreds. It's hilarious! 😄)

• MrPeanutbutterMrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 947

Survivor side: Small Game. Helps me find hex totems more easily and I’ve often been able to find NOED during endgame with it.

Killer side: Make Your Choice. Hooray for instadowns

• MarcavecuncMarcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

On killer: Spies from the Shadows

On survivor: Autodidact maybe? I don't know depends on the situation.

• RYANGUNSLINGERRYANGUNSLINGER Member Posts: 53

I ran no mither unironicly for like a year straight.

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 1,475

Aftercare is my favourite non meta perk, it's awesome.

Basically if you want to be cool, don't use Empathy, or Bond or even Kindred. Use Aftercare and earn your auras!

• FilthyLegionMainFilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 866

Power Struggle. It may not come up much but when it hits, IT HITS.

• MarcavecuncMarcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Yeah it's one of those hit or miss perks.. It doesn't pay off often, but oh dear, when it does, IT DOES!

I had a match once I forgot I had it.. I could have dropped the pallet while being carried but only noticed the prompt as we were leaving the pallet range.. I still feel bad about it :/

• CrazewtboyCrazewtboy Member Posts: 1,172

I have been having quite a bit of fun giving killers PTSD picking up in pallets with my Power Struggle, Flip Flop, Unbreakable combo. Nothing funnier than watching them search the area, get pallet stunned anyway, then lose their mind searching the area again thinking they are going insane.

Apart from that: Renewal and Deliverance are two of my favorites when I actually get to use them because they encourage me to help my team while helping me. Also like Any Means Necessary or Windows of Opportunity so I know which pallets have been used

As killer, I prefer Dying Light for a gen slowdown that permanently will remain active (seeing as how no one normally dies in my games till way later). Hex: Plaything is also a lot more useful then some people would think.

• SatelitSatelit Member Posts: 1,142

I've found success running Breakdown against Scourge Hooks.Also useful against good killer hook spots like the one in front of Gas Haven.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,084

Survivor- windows of opportunity

killer- Bamboozle

• DyingWish92DyingWish92 Member Posts: 393

Monitor and Abuse on Myers.

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 4,109

Objective of Obsession, Oppression

• Zeon_99Zeon_99 Member Posts: 392

Second Wind. Paired with We'll Make It and Sprint Burst, it comes in clutch quite often.

• Barbarossa2020Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,095

Small game, Because im a giga chad who does bones.

Iron maiden Huntress reloads

• GreyBigfootGreyBigfoot Member Posts: 713

Pharmacy + Resurgence. A simple but fun combo, even if it's far from the meta.

Bond or Aftercare. The information is very valuable, and I'd rather take one of them over Dead Hard.

Is Devour Hope meta or not? It's good for sure, but also a gamble to use.

• MetronixMetronix Member Posts: 137

Survivor: Red Herring, I love the mindgames and watching the killer pass your locker to get to the gen that has zero importants to anyone in that match, is very rewarding, every single time.

Killer: Unrelenting, same as @TatsuiChiyo , killer is much more difficult than survivor, so I'm still lerning and this helps me not to throw a chase out of the window because I missed.

• UnknownKillerUnknownKiller Member Posts: 2,008

Red herring i like when killer run 5km to get that its not even progressing much killers doesnt expect that

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,872

Balanced Landing

• amazing_graceamazing_grace Member Posts: 626

Survivor: I love Any Means Necessary. It's a pretty good information perk when it comes to knowing where the chase is happening and what pallets are getting dropped and destroyed. Also has the function to pick up pallets the killer doesn't break. I've gotten a lot of value out of it.

I also love Wake up. I have a tendency to be in chase when the exit gates finish, so when I lose chase I sometimes don't have any idea where they were, so it saves me a lot of time in that regard. I also have been saved by the opening speed.

Killer: Mad grit is really good to pair with scourge hooks nowadays since people will try to bodyblock the hook. I have mad grit on my legit because so many people try to body block the hook against me.

• WampiritaWampirita Member Posts: 550

Survivor Solo Q - Counterforce, cuz i know damn well that my teammates won't touch a single totem and then will cry about noed.

Survivor SWF - Distortion. The amount of info it can give you and your team when used properly is stupidly good.

Killer - Spies from the Shadows. NO ONE expects them

• rooCraahrooCraah Member Posts: 132

Used to be really popular when it was released and for a year after, has fallen off a lot recently in favor of game delay, but Enduring+Spirit Fury. Those two perks with Corrupt and BBQ still make up my main Oni build, and I'll often use the combo on Wraith, Hillbilly, Myers, Legion.... there's like 10 or so killers that really like erasing pallets.

A more meta combo is Ruin+Undying, my non-meta addition being Retribution on Nurse and Executioner. Having 15 seconds of detection on all survivors, guaranteed to happen at least twice if survivors want to remove Ruin, as it turns out is very strong on killers that can down survivors through walls. When I'm not running hexes, I'm All Ears is also a strong perk on both killers.

• ViskodViskod Member Posts: 834

Whenever I use Distortion with friends I have to immediately report whether or not Lethal Pursuer, BBQ, or Floods of Rage is being used.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,237

As a survivor I can't state how awesome the combo of Bound, Kindred and Open Handed is. It's just infos, but boi how much information. Even as a SWF this is superb info, as you constantly know were the action is, who is doing what EXACTLY were, and when someone is hooked you can basically see the killer on half the map, foiling all clever minds games on their behalf with basically no counterplay, as there is no indication that you got it. And when the killer disappears from range, you can always go for a safe unhook.

Another perk I love to run is Blast Mind; its devious, but just plain fun.. and the only way how inept me can get all those blind and stun challenges done. Just for your information, a blast mine counts as both, a stun and a blind. I usually pair it off with Flashbang, Red Hering and Head On for just a hilarious package.

As killer I actually never regret playing Spies from the Shadows. You often feel that you got better stuff yo equip, but spies is just awesome information with very little indication to the survivors what ticked you off. Like when I got a gut feeling that a survivor is near, but they immerse themselves, but just when I turn to leave a Crow goes off in my back and gotcha. Happens every time.

Bamboozle is another underrated perk, it's qol, but also cuts many loops short and destroys the shack. Just wonderful.

Last but not least, Franklin's! This perk is a bit vitriolic, but you destroy a lot of the more aggrevating survivor tactics adn a lot of survivors will make really bad calls and are hyper fixated to get their tooled out flashlight or toolbox back. Pro tip: tag dropped items with Hags traps for fun and profit.

• SilasySilasy Member Posts: 137

Shadowborn feels so good on high speed killers.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,275

Kindred.

• YippiekiyahYippiekiyah Member Posts: 103

Survivor- Bond,Kindred and Alert

Killer- Forced Pennance