Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

How do so many of you people on here not like vsing good players?

ZachcjjjZachcjjj Member Posts: 452

I just had a game against 4 players i know and they all have roughly 3k or more hours 2 of them have played in comp previously and it was BY FAR the most fun game ive had in like 3 days as billy because they don't just spam drop pallets they are good in chase which means they don't die in 3 seconds compared to the absolute bottom of the barrel survivors i get 90% of my games that die at 5 gens and make me have to back rev them because they don't actually loop pallets to curve on and in my experience this is how its always been, its always more fun to vs actually good players with braincells even if they roll me then vs dbd mobile ai that cant do half a gen before ive 12 hooked them with no slowdown. So like why don't people like going against good players?

Comments

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 14

same here, i start to feel bad downing people who are obviously new.

I know this may sound odd, but I have more fun getting a 2k in a swf match against a good team vs a 4k win with two DCs.

I prefer aggressive swf matches where they play crazy to the same ol spine chill shift w scared survivors.

Gimme 2 flashys and Bubba gonna have some fun, it is almost boring when no one is gonna try to flashlight you. I always play like its a swf when picking up survs, look around, double back.... and sometimes im like, "where are they?" hiding in a corner.... man come get some.

• FlameLickVAFlameLickVA Member Posts: 137

Online pvp communities have this mindset, but DBD is one of those ones that has it more prominent.

You know the ones

If they don't win everygame like some spoiled entitled capitalist child, game bad.

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 3,005
    edited June 14

I enjoy facing good players on maps that don't have 30 interconnected tiles or god buildings, but sadly that isn't very many maps these days. Because realistically matches against good players on those types of maps are usually just drawn out battles of attrition that are theirs to lose.

Or in other words, give me a loss because I got rolled by 50/50 mindgames at LT walls any day of the week over losing to Campbell Chapel's back to back shack window spawns into Chapel's MB windows.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 8,062

This is mostly it. Whenever someone says “I don’t want to sweat to win” it means “I want to face weaker players so I can goof around and still win”. So these sorts of complaints I just disregard.

That said there are legitimate complaints about how the meta at higher level is stale. That’s what the big upcoming perk and base game revamps are intended to shake up. So when someone says “I’m sick of always going against Dead Hard / Corrupt Intervention / etc” that’s something the devs are actually interesting in mixing things up.

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 7,426

I'm more in the playing to have fun camp and playing against super good people is just not fun

• ZachcjjjZachcjjj Member Posts: 452

but its not compulsory to win meaning its not compulsory to win just go for chase its the funnest part of the game anyway

they are always just boosted players that are still easy to kill but i agree that its boring to vs those people

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 4,399

Depends. Good players like me or good players like much more better than me?

thats a good point the problem i have with people who complain about vsing people that are god and not having easy wins is that they can never admit that maybe they themselves just arent that good and get rolled by mediocre teams

ofc ofc vsing bots is fun sometimes to hit clips or something but vsing them every match is soooo boring

uuhhhmmm both i guess either way you can have fun chases even if you dont win

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 4,398

Eh. I don't like facing newbies and mowing them down just feels depressing, but facing players who make almost no mistakes is a slog because it showcases just how broken most maps' resources are when utilized optimally. Running in circles around the same pallet four times to get them to drop it and move to the next pallet is not enjoyable. At that point, you have to be playing an anti-loop killer or you've got nothing to work with. And I'm worse at survivor than I am at killer, so I really don't want to be going against a Nurse that can 4k in three minutes flat.

Mostly I want to face people on my skill level - competent, can pull off a neat trick or two, but not flawless.

• M4dBoOmrM4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited June 14

I don't think that's 100% the case, I think its that people don't want to play 100% at their best when they just want to have a fun game in between daily stuff

Sometimes I am "YEAH LET'S GO!"

and then again "ahh now a relaxing game of dbd"

• PerfectlyPinkPerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435

Tbh I don't care if I play against good or bad survivors, I just care about playing against dead hard.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 4,399

I personally dont mind losing since win in this game means nothing to me, I just want BP. At least if the opponent is more or less similar to my skill

But being completely rekt by much stronger players feels bad

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,618
    edited June 14

It's like any other game. Some people are casual, and others are more optimal. Neither is wrong. Ultimately the devs are wrong for not offering solutions for both playstyles. It leads to both sides being unhappy. Casual players get frustrated with "tryhards", and vice versa.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 13,409

I mean, I try to win every match. I feel like that's normal.

Most of my chases end pretty quickly

• LordRegalLordRegal Member Posts: 1,501

This is pretty much exactly how I feel - I don't have much fun mowing down newbs or running a clearly new killer for 5 gens, but I hate actual optimized gameplay more. I've been around long enough to identify just how good at the loop game someone is at the first loop - if I'm killing and I run into that kind of survivor, I just kind of check out of that game, honestly. I really don't have fun optimally running tiles as either side, either needing to get stunned to get god survivors to actually drop the pallet or running the same structure over and over as survivor, it's boring and repetitive. If I wanted to go in a circle I'd play Mario Kart.

What I have the most fun with are people who take risks - on killer that's people who try the Q&Q + head on combo to mess with me, who try crazy mindgames where if I guess wrong they're two tiles away because they know the jukes, and forcing us both into mindgames where the loser is really going to be penalized. On survivor it's coming up with creative ways to run the killer, not connecting super strong tiles like how you would on Cowshed or other maps that are known for their bad RNG, but rather trying to trick the killer into assuming I'm doing A while really I'm running for completely separate structures. It comes from me not understanding how to loop well for literal years...now that I kind of can if I need to, I still don't find it fun, I'd rather play my own way. It gets me downed faster than a god looper 90%+ of the time, but it's a hell of a lot more fun.

That's really the be all end all for me - optimal gameplay I never feel like I outplayed the other side - a truly optimal survivor is nigh on uncatchable, and an optimal killer just snowballs to the point it's clear you were never winning in the first place. The best games are the ones where you can walk away pointing to a single moment and saying "yes, this is where this person utterly destroyed me in a creative way and I lost the game" or vice versa, where you did that to the other side. Optimal gameplay is predictable and extremely dull, and that's why I don't like going against the true sweat squads/killers.

• versacefengversacefeng Member Posts: 372

I don't see how people enjoy playing with people worse than them.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 2,031

If something isn't well balanced, people genreally don't prefer putting themselves at a disadvantage. You can argue about how unbalanced it is/isnt or whats OP or weak all you want, but thats a pretty universal truth. Some people specifically would embrace the challenge or playing at a handicap, but most do not.

• MazoobiMazoobi Member Posts: 1,339

I wouldn't mind playing killer but it seems like EVERY DAMN SURVIVOR brings DH so it's stressful af.

• Marc_123Marc_123 Member Posts: 2,406

The good players i get are the ones where i sometimes get maybe 2 hooks at the end of the game...

And after a few matches with them i get the newbies. Great.

I don´t think this is much fun. (And that is a reason i don´t like current mmr)

• WitchubtetWitchubtet Member Posts: 210

Same, sadly with all the toxicity from survivors about every little thing it gets to me sometimes. Especially ones who scream “YOU CAMPED ME” when I was searching around the hook because of their friends in a bright pink hoodie was standing next to it.

• SlowpeachSlowpeach Member Posts: 443
    edited June 14

Yeah this game is simply not suited to being competitive at all. The map and perk design (on both sides) and how much rng is involved mean it's pointless to take it seriously. You are just leading yourself to frustration. So honestly as a killer at least being matched up with a bunch of tryhards with 3 or 4 of them running the same bored tired perks? You may as well just stand still with most killers/builds for how effective you are.

So you have two choices. Run the boring builds/killers yourself to compete or hope you get matched against weaker opposition so you can actually play the game. There's a lot of ways a killer can 'tone' down the difficulty on the fly if they so choose if they are obviously stronger then the opponent (e.g not use your power) so at least you can salvage some enjoyment. If you are getting crushed though, you are powerless in that game because you didn't equip the 'I want to win' build/killer.

I myself run goofy builds all the time and mostly only kill if achievements/rituals/archives require it in the hopes it keeps my MMR down. It doesn't really work honestly, I'll still come across squads of 3-4 DH/Borrowed time/unbreakable/decisive strike etc. who then proceed to just taunt me all game if I make any attempt to chase them, especially if the map is in their favour. So I've learned the 'stand still defense'. It makes them go away and we all get on with our lives.