Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Should SWFs Be Removed from DbD?

SWF teams are stronger than solo teams for sure and they have so much advantages against killers. For example;

+Solo teams needs to use aura perks for information. SWFs can just talk in discord.

+Solo teams needs to use Small Game for totem counter. SWFs are just telling each other how many totems cleansed.

+Solo teams don't know who will go to save, who is going to solve Pinhead's box, who is in chase etc. But SWFs knows.

Balancing game around solo teams makes game unfair for killers. Balancing game around SWF teams makes game unfair for solo survivors.

So SWFs have some advantages but are those reasons enough to remove SWF from game? (except custom games) Or it will be bad decision? What are you thinking?

Comments

• nebneb Member Posts: 370

Buff killers and buff survivors in a way that it helps solo q survivors but doesnt really affect SWFs. For example, make kindred basekit, or add a system that lets you ping with certain icons (pinging a hooked survivor), or being able to see what action your teammate is doing currently (getting chased, doing a gen, healing, doing a totem, opening a chest, etc.)

• deKlaw_04deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,450

No swfs are fine. They are what’s keeping this game alive. I have many group chats With different about dbd. Now should we buff killers to match swfs? Yes (except for nurse). Then after that we can buff solo que as well. And tbh swfs are even bad to play against it’s just when it’s a toxic flashlight squad that try to bully you when it’s bad. Not all swfs are like that. But that’s just me

• MikaelaWantsYourBoonMikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 3,273

This ping system should help. And icons as well. I agree with everything you said

• FlameLickVAFlameLickVA Member Posts: 136

No, I primarily play Killer and I can see how fun it can be to play SWF, plus I enjoy facing them as their strategies intrigue me.

Taking away that core aspect because other killer players who have inferiority/superiority complexes and want to dunk on people constantly just isn't the way to go.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 19,945
    edited June 14

Absolutely not.

Solo buff and killer buff in the same patch. Also, fix matchmaking. Both of those will help massively.

Tricky part is, once you buff solo q survivors to be almost as powerful as SWF, how do you buff killers to compensate?

Personally, I don't know.

• ChiSoxFan11ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,046

SWF provides a distinct advantage that the game wasn't properly designed for.

Removing it would essentially kill the game, however, as others have pointed out.

When I first started playing, I convinced a friend to play with me as something we could do together. Since then, I've picked up other friends in-game that I SWF with. While I do play a decent bit of solo, it's not nearly as fun as playing with friends, win or lose. I know I'm not alone.

I play a lot of killer, and SWF groups are simply something I play around with.

I know. Smaller maps with less god loops will help so much. Dead Hard should go as well. Those changes will make most of killers viable. And we can buff other weak killers, like Trapper for example.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,296

No but swf should definitely be reigned in on some level. It's blatantly obvious a swf has more advantages than solos.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 7,983

Half of all matches have a 2- to 4- person swf in them. People like playing video games with friends, it definitely should not be removed.

True, would love if I didnt end up breaking a crap ton of pallets or not breaking them only for them to w key to another pallet. It's painful.

• DoritoHeadDoritoHead Member Posts: 3,327

Lol

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,555

No, the ability to play this game with your friends is one of the big draws.

That said the ability to talk and coordinate with your team basically breaks the game in terms of balance.

So its a necessary evil to have the ability to play with your friends understanding that games will be heavily unbalanced as a result.

• RenRenRenRen Member Posts: 1,351

As much as I hate swfs, no.

• TostapaneTostapane Member Posts: 793

ABSOLUTELY YES. the game wasn't thinked to be played on comms, but with 3 other random teammates, giving you the satisfaction to escape from the killer by simply cooperating with the others... despite devs have stated that SWF is a legit way to play the game and everyone just accepted the idea of swf (myself included), i still personally think that's "cheating" cause the game become MUCH MORE different (aka easier, without challenge)...

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 4,368

Removing SWF would be a dangerously severe hit to the playerbase. Killer queues would skyrocket and the role would likely end up needing nerfs as solo beomes the norm - and solo queue, with all of its foibles, is a good way to get survivors to quit. People enjoy playing together with friends and removing that option is not a good idea, especially when it's so unreliable that randoms will help you or even want to play the game.

Comms are the issue, and it's impossible to stop people from having them. The solution to SWF is to redesign the base game so that much of the information that's given to SWFs is given basekit and accounted for when it comes to killer power and perk design. The game can't be balanced on the assumption that players don't have information when a good chunk of the playerbase does, and all it currently does is emphasize an enjoyment gap between solo and SWF.

• TheLastHookTheLastHook Member Posts: 329
    edited June 14

Sure, and getting a few are perks for free and real-time coordination. Thanks to Discord and voice communications.

When people say SWF 99% of time it is with voice comms.

Imagine playing the Trapper and saying SWF affects nothing.

• Hex_IgnoredHex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,005

No, but they need to rein in the power of swfs. It's blatantly obvious that swf grants major advantages and this needs to be addressed.

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 7,426

No this would largely kill the image of dead by daylight being the perfect horror multiplayer game

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,683

The perks you get for free arnt that big of a deal. IF maps were balanced.

Sure. You listed one killer. Now I'll ask you. If maps were more balanced and less safe. Would communication matter if you could get downs at a reasonable pace with demo, clown, pig, sadako, slinger, wraith, ghostie, pyramid head, pinhead, Freddy, etc etc etc...? The answer is no. Because it would be a fine balance of you getting downs and hooks that you need. Communication between survivors wouldn't mean much.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,611

No. People mistake matchmaking issues for SWF issues.

• ZachcjjjZachcjjj Member Posts: 452

sure! if you want the game to speedrun dying

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,032

No. Why do people keep saying this? Are they just being cute?

How would you fix tunnel and camp issues? Because in unsafe maps, killers would tunnel more.

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 14

No, as much of a challenge as they are, I like going against good teams