Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

How do I survive my matches?

2»

Comments

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 19,975

In solo queue? With consistency?

Here's the neat part: you don't ✨

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,889

Do gens and use DH

• spirit72spirit72 Member Posts: 178

If you're going to play in the random/solo queue, accept that you're largely going to be on your own, and that you will have to look out for #1, because none of your teammates usually will. There are some who will, but most are either overly altruistic(they want the save points, and they couldn't care less if you get tunnelled and hung right back up), or non-altruistic(they want to start gens and leave).

Play your game. Play objectives when it fits. Work with the team when you can(and when they actually will work with you). Play altruism when it fits. Look for a build that allows you to be stealthy(I use Urban Evasion, Iron Will, Premonition, Distortion). If the other three Survivors are going to be dorks, there is no shame in amassing whatever points you can, and then playing for the hatch.

• bittercranberrybittercranberry Member Posts: 443

I guess maybe I haven't come around to this playstyle?? I blame MMR for making players play this way smh. I miss when randoms in Solo Q would do everything to get everyone out the gates. guess its just not the case in todays game ://

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,894

Devs should just add a new game mode that's balanced around all 4 survivors dying on their first hook, since that's how so many of my matches play out, anyway. Either my teammates don't save me or they farm me; both have the same result.

yeah it wouldn't be bad if it was once in a while but no it's literally happening every game & yes we need more game modes!!

• spirit72spirit72 Member Posts: 178

Yeah, I've been playing since early 2018, and I'm not sure it ever was the case. If it was, then you're right, it is no longer true. There are some odd games where I happen to get plopped into a group of Survivors that are actually interested in team play, but it has always been a rarity in my experience. And I'm pretty much always solo queue...I don't like to play SWF very much. To me, voice comms really ruin it.

But yeah, again, a good stealth build like my 'Nea The Ninja' build that I mentioned above can really change things. Also, forget about the shiny, poofy cosmetic outfits that make you a neon sign for Killers. They're deathtraps. I stick with darker colored, Plain Jane-type outfits that help me blend in. Use that in combination with using the geography of the map to your advantage. Most maps have lots of little nooks and crannies that come in real handy I've had Killers walk right past me, multiple times in a match, and never catch me even though I was literally hiding in plain sight, because they probably didn't think to look in that spot for a Survivor. It can be surprising, sometimes, at how observant a lot of Killers are NOT....

but the nice cosmetics are always ones that pop out :(( hmmm maybe Urban Evasion is meta??

I agree also, when I tried SWF with randoms on PS it was weird... they would get tilted and mad and would kill all the energy in the party chat.

It is actually funny when killer walks past you and your not hidden or in plain sight LOL

• MetronixMetronix Member Posts: 145

It's a win for the MMR system and Tome challanges. It counts es "escape" and the question was "How do I survive my matches?". That's the question I tried to answer.

• nebneb Member Posts: 387
    edited June 16

You don't.

Both on killer and survivor side, there's always random bullcrap on either side that is basically impossible to counter, despite how well you played. This is why I hate the idea of trying to make DBD look like a "competitive" game, when there's so many random factors that can mess up your win.

Don't take a loss too seriously, it's why I don't really get that upset when I get E key'd to the oblivion and lose or when I get camped or tunneled and die/lose. It's all random uncounterable garbage in the game that you can't do anything about.