Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Iridescent head and redheads pinky finger

A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,480
edited June 15 in General Discussions

I still don’t like using them?

Even after the nerf to both of them, the main part of them that I don’t like is still there. I get that they are higher reward higher risk, but they just feel cheap to use. I don’t like using them or going against them. Deathslingers Iridescent coin at least requires a bit more effort with a range requirement and time taken to reel in and hit. Catch someone out in the open or over the wrong vault/pallet drop and gg.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,823

Not really they are strong addons with strong effects.

I like going against killers that have strong addons and insta downs it ups the anti, makes them scarier to face, cranks up the tension of each chase etc.

They make the game fun.

Both to use and to face.

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,378

I agree the problems with them are the instadowns are to easy to get. Instead of fixing that they think adding more annoying restrictions will fix them no it makes them more annoying to use for both sides. The best iridescent addon to have instadowns is slingers coin cause it rewards you for getting those long range shots.

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,378

Here’s how to fix those 2 addons.

Iridescent head-Hatchets put survivors into the dying state when hit from 24 meters.

redheads pinky finger-I’m not so sure on this one but here we go. When directly hitting a intoxicated survivor with your bottle they suffer from exposed

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 5,558

Iri Hatchet Huntress still feels awful to play against, because Huntress being able to just hit you with the hatchet when right behind you just feels bad. Plus there's no warning to it, you just go down.

Pinky Finger Clown will always be a problem unless they make clown only able to carry 1 bottle with the addon, since as long as clown hinders you with the first bottle, it's really hard for him to miss the next bottle. Which just leads to the same situation as Iri Hatchet Huntress where you just go down with no real warning to it.

Every other instant of expose or instant downs have some build up to it and survivors have the opportunity to deal with it. You don't really get that with these two addons. Even Devour Hope (which doesn't expose survivors til the first hit at 3+ stacks) can still be cleansed before it goes online and even after it comes online can still be cleansed.

• ZachcjjjZachcjjj Member Posts: 455

i dont think that they are insanely strong anymore if anything id say iri head is worse then normal huntress but they are just SO boring.

they couldve done something so creative when they changed iri head or they couldve made clown bottles injure you with long range hits or something so they annoy me more for lack of creativity then anything

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,480

I would agree with both these changes, the Clown one is difficult but that kind of change would be better than it currently is. Knowing a Clown has it means you at least have a window of time to try and do something before he hits you with the second bottle.

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I don't think those Add-Ons are all that good

• BaschFonRonsenburgBaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 276

A good way to fix iri huntress is to just make it so instead of insta down and one hatchet just make it so your hatchets can damage gens, break downed pallets and walls.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,688

I never found Pinky Finger to be an issue. Either you land the hit from a distance and then manage to get the instadown, in which case I'd say you earned it, or you go up-close and do it, in which case you're just Leatherface.

Irihead was fine when you only had one, but was overkill when you were able to add extra hatchets. I'd say the change to it was justified and fixed the problem. Again, going up close to do it basically just makes you Leatherface.

Iridescent Coin sucked before they buffed it; I don't know how it fares now. My gut says that you'd probably still rather use something like MYC instead.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 2,647

So people both dislike using them after the nerf and people think they werent nerfed hard enough and still complain.

Back to your regularly scheduled Nurse and Blight I guess.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 5,558

I'm not saying they should be nerfed. Just that they aren't particularly anymore fun to deal with.

Like Iri Hatchets are okay when the huntress tries to snipe with them, but when they just get right up to you and down you with little warning, then can't say I enjoy that encounter.

• amazing_graceamazing_grace Member Posts: 732

I don't really have a problem going against iri head huntress because after the first one, you can play around the fact she has iri head. Iri head greatly hinders huntress because it makes her an M1 killer once she throws the hatchet. The huntress has to be extra careful with hatchet throws and can't do risky shots and you only have to dodge 1 hatchet instead of up to 7. You can also predict she has iri head if she throws a hatchet and misses you but reloads right away. It's not the most impossible thing to go against if the team is somewhat aware.

I don't see clown with this add-on often, so I can't really say much on it. I play clown a bit, but never use it because iri is expensive.