Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

slugging, why does it make people mad?

2»

Comments

• DeathstrokeDeathstroke Member Posts: 963

I would complain about it if I brought a cake and got nothing out of it and well it's usually survivors fault but some killers play for slugging and it's unfun playstyle. Personally I avoid slugging everyone as killer cause I want bp and if I slug everyone at start im not gonna get much. But when there is like 1-2 gen left or endgame if I have chance I slug everyone.

• InvadeGamesInvadeGames Member Posts: 237

i only slug when strategic but both sides employ tactics that are "unfun" for the other side. I dont think its a good argument because whether we like it or not those unfun tactics are fundamental to the game.

Its kinda silly that this community all demands(not pointing at you) that each side must play a certain way. I think that too many people feel bullied or pressured into playing the way the other side wants you to. I do this myself, as a primarily killer player, i feel hesitant on some moves i make because i worry if its going to piss off the survs. I get insulted and mocked for camping/tunneling when i made a decision because THEY made a bad choice or it was simply the best decision to make. if 3 gens get done in 3 mins, i physically dont have time at my skill and playstyle to go spread out all the hooks or keep track of who i hooked last especially when its common half or more of the team is the same character.

I think a TON of hyperbole is used by people on this forum

survivors ALWAYS are DH gods

Killers always are nurse/blight

good teams are alwasy swf sweats and on and on.

unfortunately we have a rather toxic and whiny community here.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,043

When you're on the ground all you can do is recover and wait to be picked up.

People don't like feeling like they're not in control, whether they are or not.

• DoritoHeadDoritoHead Member Posts: 3,336

I understand why people complain, it’s boring to sit on the ground and do nothing.

However I don’t understand people being mad if I slug as, for example, Oni, when they are all grouped up.

• whammigobambamwhammigobambam Member Posts: 1,102

Because the solution to slugging is perks and the news banner before the match didn't indicate that I should bring the perks.

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 7,426

It doesn't make me mad per say but it's really god damn boring

• ZachcjjjZachcjjj Member Posts: 452

no the solution to slugging is spread out which is what you should be doing 9 times out of 10 as surv anyways

• spirit72spirit72 Member Posts: 178

I don't have a huge issue with slugging in most situations, and in some of them(like the scenario when Survivors are glomming around a pallet that another poster mentioned above), it would be foolish of the Killer to NOT punish that with a slug.

But in other situations...like slugging the last two Survivors just to preclude anyone from a chance at the hatch, or slugging just to avoid having to chase them down for repeated hooks, etc, etc, that's priggish and not ok.

And when it comes to slugging any number of Survivors just to allow them to bleed out for however long that takes, I consider that Gameplay Abuse/Trolling, and I flag it as such when I see it.