Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How do so many of you people on here not like vsing good players?

2»

Comments

• DootLordDootLord Member Posts: 26

Killers get a chance when survivors make a mistake. It's possible not to make a mistake as a survivor and due to how the game is structured most killers can't do anything about it.

The effectiveness of a team of survivors blows how effective a killer can be by miles.

In this scenario only nurse gives killers a chance.

• SepexSepex Member Posts: 1,392

I'll gladly pass on my lobbies to you brother.

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 2,748

Yes and no, most people want easy wins but also a sense of acomplishment, Ive seen streamers complaining over and over because they had a string of DCs on the other team which handled them very fast victories one after another, they clearly werent having any fun with those cheap victories. Now comes the tricky part, how do you design something where people can stomp and still believe they had a real challenge?.

Now onto the thread, I like to verse players of my skill level, I dont like being stomped by extremely good players but I dont like when I face people who are obviusly much worse than me which ends on them being stomped.

• ZachcjjjZachcjjj Member Posts: 455

but the thing is you dont need to 4k so wouldnt you want more interesting/harder and engaging chases rather then 4king bots?

if it means im not 4king with 12 hooks at 4 or 5 gens every game then i will gladly take it

• SlowpeachSlowpeach Member Posts: 519

Sure but not too hard. If it feels I may as well stand still that's what I'm going to do. I invoked this today actually. Wasn't pleasant chasing them from one pallet to the next with no counter play. I dropped chase a few times but two of them were doing it and the pallets just kept coming lol. Didn't have a chance with the killers I play. No bad feelings but yeah, just outclassed.

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 15

The obvious answer is that most "good" (i use that term loosely because let's face it most survivors are just hard carried by dead hard and iron will) survivors are also complete jerks and #########. It happens constantly that dude dead hards to a pallet that he shouldnt' have been able to make and is then pointing at you and teabagging. or the guys where their team got 1 gen done and dude is noise spamming at the hatch so you can watch him leave. or he's clicking his flashlight non stop then you mindgame him and you're about to down him but nope he gets to E to the pallet. it's a joke. Blows my mind that people can have an ego and taunt while they're playing the actual baby side of the game

i wouldnt take it to serious man people taunt in every game its just how it is sometimes its funny to have a bit of fun and taunt especially if it means the killer commits to you

• Risky_BiscuitRisky_Biscuit Member Posts: 90
    edited June 15

I don't necessarily mind going against good players. I just hate the cockiness and arrogance they exude in everything they do. Like, they will stand at a pallet to drop it when they know you're chasing them, instead of just running and gaining distance. You lose a chase to them and decide to abandon it, then you'll hear them keep making noise to draw your attention back to them because they know you can't beat them in a chase and want to waste your time. It's pure cockiness, and I hate it.

I had a Laurie on Lery's last night. The entire survivor team got out after steamrolling me as Dredge, despite my best efforts. The Laurie was hiding around the debris at one of the exits, I hit her, and she ran to the gate. Instead of leaving, she kept spinning around in circles, almost as if to mock me because she knew she already won. I downed her, and actually managed to pick her up and get a 1k because of that cockiness and arrogance. While I'm glad this player got punished for this with a trip to the entity's domain, it was still infuriating to be on the receiving end of this type of toxic survivor behavior.

• MilMansonMilManson Member Posts: 939

Because games are meant to be fun, this isn't a big competitive game it's meant to be horror.

Key word being HORROR.

it doesn't have to be competitive it depends on how your mindset is and unfortunately the game isnt scary after 10 hours

• SludgeSludge Member Posts: 768

DBD's mechanics fall apart in high MMR, simple.

• woundcowboywoundcowboy Member Posts: 1,302

I and many people consider 4ks to be wins. By no means am I saying that I expect 4k every game, but when I lose it should feel like I had a chance if I made some better choices. High rank DBD does not feel this way; the outcome feels predetermined. I’m not a bot that exists to make sure survivors have fun. I have mostly quit killer because it isn’t fun.

• BrimpBrimp Member Posts: 1,653

I can probably count on my hand the amount of times I've gone against good survivors. Literally the rest was just ego inflated survivors that have their perks buy so much time that it doesn't matter what I do, they still get 5 gens done with a 2 out.

• CosmicParagonCosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,012

Primarily because the game isn't balanced around good survivors. If you're facing a strong, coordinated team of survivors and you aren't Nurse, Blight or Spirit, you're going to get stomped on 90% of maps unless they get INSANELY overconfident and let you snowball

• WampiritaWampirita Member Posts: 588

For me a lot depends on the side i'm playng.

As a survivor

i'd sell my left kidney to play vs a cracked curve Billy or good Trickster/Blight/Pinhead/Twins/PH/Bubba. I love the thrill of chases with them. Even if I lose, it's an another experience to my skill, and i can try again next time i meet a good player like them.

But if it's cracked nurse, i won't even try, because there's no point in trying. I do have mad respect for her players, cuz i know she's not easy to learn. But I don't feel like trying to out-mindgame a mastermind. There's nothing that past experiences vs them can help me in future use, cuz nurse doesn't play by any rules, she makes her own.

As a Killer

we have to define good players here. Cuz i don't think that 4-man genrush build team are good players. Game will end in 2 min and no one will get many points for that, so what's the point. 4-man clickers who think they're good but then proceed to get killed by their altruism? That's not it.

I main probably the most hated killers in the game, aka Bubba and Doctor, and the reality of matches as them is sad. Game starts, survivors see what killer it is, 1-2 DC on spot, i finish off the rest of survivors to just end the game quickly and move to the next one. It takes me like 20-30 games to find one game where everyone will stay in the game without DC/Suicide on hook.

But then that one star of a game happens, you get a team that's not scared of you, team that knows your killer and how to run you. They proceed to give you the absolute chase of your life. Do i get kills or they will escape? It doesn't matter, all that matters that they were absolutely freaking good, they gave me an actual challenge in the sea of easy games. Sometimes i'll end up with 2 kills, sometimes i'll manage to kill them all, but sometimes i won't get a single sacrifice, but i'll end the game EXTREMELY satisfied no matter the outcome. And the best part is, those survivors are NEVER mad at me or throw salt in the end game chat.

In conclusion, there's no better feeling than a challenging match-up. Good players are always a good sports after the game too. That 1 in 30 game makes me still wanna play, they get me hyped up and give me energy to wait for another meeting like that.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,818

because high end play is often highly competitive play.

Competitive dbd is blandly efficient, there is one thing that works best so you do the one thing one way all the time.

Games tend play out the same way with maximum efficiency and minimum fun. It’s kinda draining sometimes.

So yeah I don’t mind good opponents as individual interactions can be fun and challenging but the overall game is basically the same every time once you hit a certain competitive level.

• nanasi_K9nanasi_K9 Member Posts: 499

I think there are several reasons.

I think the underlying cause is that this was a problem before SBMM and it is still happening because it has not been resolved.

I mean... The problem is that because we have been balancing between skilled killers and novice survivors, there is no balance at all at the same skill level.

As a result, Killer complains about being torn to shreds by terrible balance and SWF.

And survivors complain about killers who overturn such balance.

This is what I felt as I played and viewed the community.

• VonCrowVonCrow Member Posts: 378

I enjoy good matches against good survivors. But what is a good survivor? Is someone that relays on E after I mindgame him/her a good survivor? Hard to say.

Sometimes I want competitive games and sometimes I want to have some fun. In anycase, there are some BS mechanics that makes games not enjoyable for both sides.

• Persephone_Persephone_ Member Posts: 113

I like balanced matches - can be anything between 1 and 3 kills but the feeling that both sides had the potential to snowball needs to be there. Some of the most fun matches I've had were 1 or 2 kills vs competent teams!

I think the matches that people complain about are on either end of the balance spectrum. I don't necessarily even enjoy 4king, especially when it was against obvious solo queue babies but the problem with this MMR is that I can also not let them go as I'll face more babies. I actually don't want that. 😉 Likewise it's not fun to only get 1-2 hooks. Whether the other side are graceful winners is another question, I've actually also had some very nice survivors after these matches where I was outclassed.

• KerJuiceKerJuice Member Posts: 1,674

This. Exactly this. I don’t expect to win every game, but I do expect to have SOME fun every game. Even with the mentality of being able to take losses, knowing the opposition is completing their objectives quicker than you gets stressful fast. It’s one thing to lose, it’s another thing to get stomped. And vs. good players will stomp you if you’re not careful- hence the stress. So even if you win, it really was a lose lose situation after that first gen popped.

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759

What about the SWF that Shift W predrop and smash gens as fast as possible?