Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Anniversary Cakes Should Expire or be Retired if Unused

agonizingagonizing Member Posts: 172
edited June 16 in Feedback and Suggestions

There's a lot of people sitting on inventory of cakes, including myself. There is no point in hoarding these items as we only further contribute to the grind in the game.

I believe that anniversary cakes/flans should expire at the end of the year or close to the next anniversary event so to not go unused.

If you really want to keep it in your inventory, it will still stay but should be put under "Offering No Longer Available"/"This Offering Has Been Retired"

Comments

• agonizingagonizing Member Posts: 172

Incorrect, if you've been playing this game long enough, you will have killer offerings (offering that let you play as a different killer) for the trial. These offerings were retired but still sit in my inventory.

The reason the cakes should be retired is that there are many people who hoard the cakes and never use them for the intended purposes but merely sit on them. You can look at other streamers showing off how many cakes they have from past events some in the hundreds place.

• scenekillerscenekiller Member Posts: 767
    edited June 16

EDIT: misread your statement, I'm sure in that regard there's something surrounding licensed killers and content they had to pay for. Otherwise, I doubt it'd be retired.

Who cares if people hoard any offerings? If they're still functional, they don't need to be retired.

You are correct. However, my point is that the cakes were made to be used in conjunction with others as it was intended for celebration of the anniversary event. Even if you are against the cake usage, they should not disappear, but just be held as retired if they really just want to "sit there."

• ImmersedNurseImmersedNurse Member Posts: 2,897

No.

Correct, they do not need to be used immediately. My proposal was to have them available until the next anniversary event so you would have an entire year to use them and gather more cakes for future events almost simultaneously.

edited June 16

The gist I'm getting in your argument is "I don't have any logical reason for this, I'm just mad people are hoarding cakes/flans 😤"

Not just licensed killers, I have a couple of Wooden Splinter Offerings that let you play as Hag.

Because they are the same people who complain about the grind but only further contribute to it. The cakes wouldn't have to be used until the next cakes arrive.

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 2,938

There’s no point in retiring them. People save some of them as souvenirs. What’s wrong with that?

Players are under no obligation to use their offerings, either now or in a year from now.

Incorrect, my proposal would allow you to use anniversary cakes until the next year when the new cakes are available. This would encourage people to spend their currency and not contribute to the grind.

To counter your argument, I don't play Myers very much, but the devs have allowed me to sit on over 80 BBQ Invitation Offerings that have not been useable for years.

• DoritoHeadDoritoHead Member Posts: 3,327

I must keep ALL of my flan and cakes! I’m saving for the inevitable apocalypse where everyone who’s been hoarding theirs will at last use them and bloodpoints will be plentiful!

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,273

I second this! It would make for a much more healthy game.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,616

"Because they are the same people who complain about the grind but only further contribute to it."

Source please.

Incorrect, I have hundreds of cakes that I will be using as I realize I am not helping anyone not even myself by hoarding these. Nowhere did I show any personal reasons for keeping or burning them. I myself don't need them (I am a Legacy player, have everything p3 lvl 50) so the offerings do not help or hurt me much, but there are others who are not so fortunate and would benefit from this usuage.

• ArchAbhorArchAbhor Member Posts: 703

It hurts nothing to leave them active. What you're saying is that people will willing not use them for the specific reason to make the grind last longer. Once again I dont see the logic

• TeabaggingGhostfaceTeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 2,274

How about instead of retiring them, it converts them into the newest anniversary cake

I never said it only applied to licensed killers, I said their decision was probably based around that. And for the sake of consistency, they retired the offering as a whole.

Flans will last for 2 weeks whether people use them or not. Holding onto any offering/item/add-on/etc does not contribute to the grind. You've already obtained it, and it will appear in a future bloodweb regardless of what you do with it.

It is not that they will not be used, more so that they benefit no one by sitting unused for long periods of time, sometimes years (3rd year cakes are sitting around unused 3 years later). If and when they eventually get burned is not the question, but rather why they should be burned within a year to benefit all players until the next event occurs.

I can't say any specific streamer names, however, if you watch a good amount of streams over on Twitch, there are streamers big and small who will complain about the grind, sometimes everyday/night. When they are choosing their loadouts, you can see dozens sometimes if not, hundreds of cakes in their inventory. It's not just newer players complaining about the grind is my intended message, but also those with more experience/in-game resources.

I am not sure what you're referring to, but to keep in line with the game events and to remain consistent, I believe this would be the best for the community. This includes myself, if I don't use all my cakes they should retire since I have had all year to burn them and was unable to or refused to do so.

• AnneBonnyAnneBonny Member Posts: 1,785

hell no

• Jaxton2000Jaxton2000 Member Posts: 162

I agree. It's an annoyance to see people brag about not using them.

Yes I understand your point. However, at the rate they are burned and/or held in inventory unused, the amount of killers and survivors that come out every year require many bloodpoints to max-out even with the reduction in the grind. If they are eventually used is also in the question as there are third year anniversary cakes that sit in some inventories in the hundreds (3 years unused and counting).

• nikodemonikodemo Member Posts: 546

Settle down, Satan.