Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Killers don't get enough compensation for what they have to endure.

CanasCanas Member Posts: 798

I consistely score less than survivors do in my games, this is simply messed up. Whenever I try to bring an anniversary offering I immediately get sweat squads who will loop me throughout the entire game while the rest of the team keeps splitting gens to finish them as quickly as possible. The result might be a meager bp reward for everyone but I'm the one who especially suffers from this since survivors still get 5000 bloodpoints for free after escaping.

Even if we disregard events and their nature as a whole we still have to consider the hardships casual style killerplayers like me have to endure. I don't bring meta perks into my games nor do I play the best possible killers, I am simply playing the killers I genuinely like and choose perks which highlight their playstyle. Sadly survivors don't do anything like this at all, they rather bring the same 3-4 perks into every single match and deny me the ability to enjoy the game at all by playing as dirty as possible. There's literally no room for players like me.

There should be a serious discussion about compensation here. Right now playing as a m1 killer feels like an extremely ungrateful job with meager income and no paid vacation days. There should be an union to combat this type of exploitation.

Comments

• DoritoHeadDoritoHead Member Posts: 3,288

There’s nothing forcing you to play killer or even this game at all lol

• CanasCanas Member Posts: 798

Or it could mean that matchmaking is flatout not working. The game's supposed to adapt to the killer's MMR and yet that doesn't happen. Survivors still bring the same perks into my games while I'm getting bodied for trying to play in a non-meta way. It's an absolutely terrible experience and I'm appalled that the devs still haven't created a space for casual players like me.

• brewingteabrewingtea Member Posts: 60

I'll never get tired of watching people argue against something that would directly benefit them (e.g. more BP) because there might be someone, somewhere, who gets something they don't deserve as much as we do

• amazing_graceamazing_grace Member Posts: 626

From the trends of what you post, it seems like you struggle to play killer. Maybe look up a guide or consider playing stronger killers if the M1 killers aren't working at all. Killers will get more BP than survivors usually, so it seems like user error at this point.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 7,990

This has to be a parody.

More harassment and insults from the survivors. It's truly appalling how this type of behavior isn't even considered a bannable offense.

These type of teams do gens at a neckbreaking speed while all I can do is secure one hook at most and camp that person to death during endgame. There's simply no alternative and the game doesn't want to give me appropriate survivors after enduring this ongoing bullying.

• nebneb Member Posts: 370
  • MozicMozic Member Posts: 601

I genuinely feel for your situation but it doesn't reflect my experience even slightly - I legitimately don't know how its even possible to score under 10k as a killer.

Escaped survivors get 5k points, so these are survivors who otherwise have in many cases 5k to 10k points in other categories.

Are you starting enough chases? Infecting gens? Breaking palettes?

These scores are low enough that it's nearly an uninteractive game. Like others have said, your MMR might be too high and need to get dragged down some (which is a painful feeling, but we all encounter it universally from time to time) or you might not be approaching the match in the right way.

• Jeromy137Jeromy137 Member Posts: 187

You can always do doctor with distressing you will get more than 8k easily just using his basic abilities

• MarcavecuncMarcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Compensation? A bad killer game gives you more points than a good survivor game.

If your response to the problem is to "simply not play the game" then you've already failed. There's no attempt here to find a genuine solution, this is just another way of saying "uninstall DbD". You're hardly any better than these survivor players who focus on ruining any last shred of joy the killer might be able to extract from this game by insulting them over their inability to compete in the Entity's realm.

All I want is some bonus bloodpoints as a last bit of solace, it's obviously very hard to create a space for casual players like me who don't want to sweat every single match by picking the same handful of perks over and over again while limiting myself to a pair of killers. Infact I keep rotating my killers after every match, that's how I keep it fresh.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,859

Plague doesn't stack BP the same was as other killers, you get points for deviousness in mass but thats about it. Her other scores are usually terrible. So if you get gen rushed, you're out of luck.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 4,342

Eh? Plague's Devious gain is #########. You've gotta Corrupt Purge like 20 people on top of your usual vomming activities to max it. It's only 300 per hit, which is not great for a power she doesn't always have. See Bubba getting 800 for a chainsaw hit or Wraith getting 550 for an uncloak hit. And puking on things is only 25 points, which is terrible.

Her Brutality isn't necessarily the best, but it's pretty much the same issue as all instadowners; less stabs equals less points. She's one of the worst BP earners, but I'll still get maybe 22k points on a match where everyone escapes.

• GentlemanFridgeGentlemanFridge Member Posts: 2,565

9k? 11? Your games must be over within 5 minutes for that to happen consistently. The worst I walk away with is ~18k.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,859

"Her brutality isn't necessarily the best"

"It's only 300 per hit"

"Plague doesn't stack BP the same way as other killers"

"Bubba getting 800 for a chainsaw hit"

^ You're already short on Brutality by default, your only choice is deviousness at that point plus spreading infection on objects----> Should be most of your spit anyway---> Leads to near non existent points during a gen rush due to limited downs and hooks even while infecting people you're still going to have a higher Deviousness spread than any other points. Its the same point spread with Pig.

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 3,512
  • TriplehooTriplehoo Member Posts: 365

I'm not a good Killer myself, but even I get about 70% of the matches more points than survivors. I have to ask; on what platform are you playing?

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,274

Hey I'm all for increased BP across the board.

True, but considering how strong she is realistically you should still make decent bp. Granted she needs a look at her bp gains.

I'm not even trying to be harsh. Getting BP as killer is just infinitely easier.

• emetSdidnothingwrongemetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 188

Welcome to playing Killer in DBD, you are a plaything, something to be toyed with then discarded. You are not a person and therefor have no rights, you can accept that this is how the dev team wants the game by design or you can not, it doesn't change what the role is though: something to bring amusement to others even at your own expensive.