Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is Sadako worth getting just for their perks?

GloamGloam Member Posts: 635
edited June 18 in General Discussions

Sadako is in a rather sad spot atm and they're not really my kinda killer anyway but what about their perks?

Merciless Storm I personally think is a complete meme against any competent team unless you're Doctor but what about Floods of Rage and Call of Brine?

If I mostly play Dredge, Artist, and Cenobite with the odd Plague here and there would it be worth getting either of those perks or not really?

Comments

• JarkyJarky Member Posts: 407

Floods of Rage and Call of Brine have found themselves in some of my killer builds so I would certainly say those two are worth getting yes.

Call of Brine is very good when used in conjunction with Pop and Floods of Rage is very useful on killers that utilise auras well mid chase like Nurse or Huntress if you're going for cross maps or what have you so I would say yes, I would personally say her perks are worth getting.

• squbaxsqubax Member Posts: 580

Call of brine makes kicking gens actually usefull and floods of rage is neat imo, mercyless storm only works on doctor or against bots so make of that what you will.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,715

In general I never suggest getting a killer that you don’t actually want to play. There are no perks that you “must” have in this game. So if you really hate playing Sadako, and are actually hesitant to spend money buying her chapter, don’t buy it, you’ll do just fine without her perks.

That said, regarding her specific perks:

• Scourge Hook: Floods of Rage is a solid tracking perk. I actually like it better than BBQ and Chili in terms of tracking because there’s no range limit on the auras so it is more likely to show you an aura that is close enough that you can get to that survivor in time to chase them before they move elsewhere.
    • Call of Brine is a good slowdown perk, assuming you don’t mind kicking gens. It offers both Ruin level regression plus built in detection when someone works on a gen you kicked. It’s a bit like getting a single target Ruin and Surveillance combo on every gen you kick. The only downside is if a survivor is nearby when you kick a gen they can just tap it to stabilize it, but if you are aware of that and mainly kick gens that you are fairly sure the survivors won’t be touching for a bit, the regression it gives is great. Also on a side note it has fun synergy with Dragon’s Grip, since if a survivor does tap your gen to stablize it they will become Exposed, making them have to decide if they want to risk the Exposed status versus letting the gen lose progress for however long Dragon’s Grip lasts. (And of course it works well with Pop Goes the Weasel and other gen kicking perks too.)
    • Merciless Storm is the weakest of the three in my opinion. It can provide a bit of slowdown, but it’s definitely not guaranteed, especially against players who can consistently hit the skill checks. This puts it in kind of the same category as Overcharge and Huntress’ Lullaby in that it effects newer and average survivors way more than it does veterans who have no problem hitting skill checks even under pressure. I think Merciless Storm is a bit better than those two perks only because Merciless Storm’s skill checks are noticeably harder, but they’re still probably not quite hard enough to really impact solid survivors.
  • MazoobiMazoobi Member Posts: 1,394

Her perks are amazing especially Call of Brine :)

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,715

Just to clarify, there’s no range limit on Floods of Rage so it works well on almost all killers because it can show you survivors that are relatively close to you that you can immediately chase. You don’t need to play Nurse or Huntress to take advantage of an aura within 20 meters of you.

• drsoontmdrsoontm Member Posts: 2,888

The perks have some uses yes. They are not that good though.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 4,686

I like 2 of her perks but not her gameplay so I dont think I will be buying killer just to never play her, even though I did it already multiple times.

So in conclusion, I might actually buy her for perks lol

• Grandpa_Crack_PipeGrandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,135

Sadako is worth getting because she's a smol spooky bean.

• KaitsjaKaitsja Member Posts: 1,162

Floods of Rage is a great perk that can be taken advantage of by a variety of killers. I enjoy using it on Dredge, but there's absolutely no reason you couldn't use it on almost any other killer.

Call of Brine is a great perk when used in combination with Pop. Sadako is definitely worth getting just for her perks. It's also worth noting that Sadako is not inherently a bad killer, but she definitely isn't what one would consider competitive. Personally, I'd say she's below average,

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Call Of Brine is (imo) a more consistent Hex: Ruin, while also having more synergies.

Floods Of Rage is amazing on Artist

• KerkvlerkKerkvlerk Member Posts: 21

Call of brine + Fuming mix tape on legion is fun to play with if you kick a gen and then use feral frenzy. The gens regress at 300% combine that with never sleeping pills and its pretty strong. :)

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,388

Yea I faced a Doc with that and that through me for a loop...he also used HL and that got annoying lmao

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 3,040

They will eventually appear on the Shrine so no, while her perks are decent they are not strong enough to justify a buy if the Killer doesnt appeal you.