Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How can people play on PC

2»

Comments

• Maelstrom808Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 132

Some of us have played on mouse and keyboard for over 20 years. I think i've bought maybe three keyboards in total, about the same in mice (i actually use trackballs). So that's three-four times in over 20 years I've had to get used to a new controller, but the changes are very slight anyway. Compare that to every console controller that has come out in that same time frame. It's a lot easier to deal with learning M&K.

Also, I at a lot of sims like DCS, and Star Citizen, which would make your average console-only player's head explode with the number of keyboarding options.

• NorhcNorhc Member Posts: 388

You know we can change our key binds, right?

• JarethJareth Member Posts: 72

Been a PC gamer for a long time so it's really second nature to play like that. I've actually tried playing DBD with a controller and find it to be slower and more clunky than using a KBM. Back when FPS games started showing up on consoles, I couldn't stand using a controller for things like FPS games. Over time I learned to tolerate it, but I still find it's not as good as using KBM for accuracy and even camera movement.

As far as wiggling, I've had a macro for that since I started playing. I even still have a hook macro from when you had to jam the spacebar for that. Those actions end up hurting my wrists after a while so a macro was necessary for me to play this game.

• Crimson_LockhartCrimson_Lockhart Member Posts: 174
    edited June 21

Space-bar for All Skill Checks and Right Click for Dead Hard | Side-button:R

I wish I could use a second mouse for movement.

• The_KrapperThe_Krapper Member Posts: 2,372

Keyboard and mouse provides better accuracy and better sensitivity allowing you to do slightly more than a controller allows and you're not capped by the system as much, not hating on console just being honest.

• prion11prion11 Member Posts: 211

LCTRL bind is my only pet peeve for PC games. I always bind it to something else like a mouse button. Besides that, it’s just about getting used to it. If you grow up playing a console, of course it will be weird

• ZerLukasZerLukas Member Posts: 295

It's really a "to each their own" situation.

I've played on PC for over a decade now and KB&M is really more comfortable for me in pretty much every game, even games that are usually made for controllers like fighting games and souls-likes. Using a controller today is really much harder for me, and using sticks for character/camera is like superuncomfortable compared to WASD and mouse.

LCtrl is definitely not my favourite button but I got used to it too. One thing to notice is that many of the KB controls can be harder for people with smaller hands. For example my sister has noticeably smaller hands than me, and she often complains about some buttons being hard/uncomfortable to reach but those buttons are totally fine for me.