Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What’s wrong with off the record?

I was alarmed seeing all the complaints, upon reading the new changes I can conclude the only people concerned should be campers and tunnelers. This is honestly a healthy perk for the game, a more fair and tone downed DS.

Comments

• FeatherFeather Member Posts: 45

Imagine SWF that blocks unhooker so u cant even injure them. Its so annoying to deal with something like that. I am not a tunneler, i enjoy playing fairly so everyone have fun. With DS at least u can punish them by leaving them on a floor, with that u will be most of the time forced to hit that survivour and all of the pressure will be gone. Oh and dont forget about deliverence. Unhook on killer head and remove his pressure and start another full time chase like u where healthy

• KerJuiceKerJuice Member Posts: 1,479

I love Off the Record. This is an interesting buff…doesn’t quite “fit in the perk’s nature” if you ask me, though. I’ll take it, cause I thought it was going to be nerfed.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoonMikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 3,251

They buffed tunnelling and camping, so you can kill them before end game starts.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,613

Camping? Perhaps. Tunneling? No. Is that relevant to the point I'm making? Also no.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,043

People currently use BT aggressively when they're unhooked to get between the killer and the person they're chasing, as they see it as a free health state to use to force the killer to waste time hitting them, or lose the chase as they can't get around them. The only risk in doing so is that after 12 seconds the killer can down them.

New Off the Record will allow them to do the same thing, run a 'defensive' perk in order to make an obnoxious, aggressive play, except the excessively high duration of the endurance effect means the killer can't wait out the duration and just has to give them their free hit for being a pain in their ass.

• MazoobiMazoobi Member Posts: 1,338

Reminds me of my beloved Decisive Strike :)

Base BT is nothing, so you still need to bring BT or OTR for anti-tunnel. They nerfed DS too. Plus you will smaller distance for hit boosts. So yeah, they buffed camping and tunnelling. Generators will take longer.

It should not be hard to take 3K/4K most of games. (If you are not Trapper, Myers, Pig ofcourse)

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 3,370

So they gave us a 5 second BT basekit, BT increases that duration to 15 seconds.

And in the same patch we have OTR, which gives 80 seconds BT???

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeakHexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276

Tone downed DS?

This is literally stronger than DS BY FAR lmao.

There's no risk of getting slugged anymore with this, you get protection either way, and you can now just body block for teammates without having to worry of again, going down and getting slugged if they suspect the DS.

Off The Record is EASILY more powerful than DS. Not even the nerfed DS. Current LIVE DS is weaker than this changed off the record.

Base BT is not nothing, plus how could you say DS was nerfed and simultaneously bring up OTR in the same sentence when arguing tunneling was buffed?

Irrelevant to the point I'm making.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 4,351

It's basically DS, but can be used several times and has all the aggressive applications that BT does and the 'get out of jail free' card they evidently didn't like in DS. Meanwhile, actual DS is total garbage now.

In its announced state, OTR is the next gotta-have-it meta perk for sure.

• GloamGloam Member Posts: 539

With all the endurance effects perhaps we can finally make MoM happen.

• MazoobiMazoobi Member Posts: 1,338

Yeah pretty much.

Who knew a perk like this would reach this level of attention :)

You worried about this perk for end game. And i said with this changes, probably most of survivors will not even see end game.

OTR is not problem because they nerfed survivor's speed boost too. So they will not make good distance and you will catch them again. And new generator times will forgive you for tunnelling, plus you can still get anti-gen perks. They did not nerf so much except Ruin.

So it should not be hard to finish game before last gen pop's. I can not see this perk will be problem except bodyblocks.

I am not talking about anything BEFORE the end game. I am talking specifically about the end game. That is why I am saying it is irrelevant to what I am saying.

Good news: When 80 seconds of enduring somehow isn't enough to evade the Killer for some reason, DS will still be active to give you yet another chance at escape prior to the end game. ;)

• ViskodViskod Member Posts: 834
    edited June 22

The difference being BT works for everyone you unhook and OTR only works for you.

The problem with OTR is that you can have Endurance while being healthy, and getting healed by someone else doesn't deactivate it, and its still active in the endgame. So you get unhooked, get healed, and now you can take 2 protection hits without going down.

Well we need to see on PTB. I only worried about bodyblock part. It is not like BT, count and hit. It is damn 80 seconds. You need to hit them.

But this is not only part worried me. Killers got some fair buffs but they made camping and tunnelling stronger and 5 seconds BT is just joke.

So i need to see in PTB and test stuffs. Hope they did not break anything (I know they did)

• CanasCanas Member Posts: 798
    edited June 22

Off the Record will become the most used perk in the game if it's allowed to be used multiple times within the trial.

Imagine someone gets unhooked during endgame and they're off to the gates while you're chasing that person while dealing with the annoying bodyblockers who were so kind to open the gate for their pal. You're finally on their back and they might have misused the reworked Dead Hard a moment ago. You're swinging and expecting to finally down that pesky survivor. Whoops, turns out they had OTR and now their escape is guaranteed.

I don't see how this is any better than old Dead Hard and DS being abused during endgame previously. Now survivors only need to use a single perkslot to secure their escape and you literally can't do anything about it for 60-90 seconds.

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 9,324

My problem with it is it’s basically better than BT and DS in every way. I feel we’re back in that situation again where we see a perk way more than other perks like it.

With the new OTR (that can still be used alongside the nerfed DS, mind you) and Base Kit mini-BT, I am not willing to say that tunneling got buffed.

edited June 22

You still don't get me my friend. They promised us good base-game changes. Killers have some good stuffs. But as survivor, i still need to use some perks for fight against tunnelling. Base BT should give me chance at least run to loop but it is kinda imposible with 5 seconds. Killer can block you. And then count - hit. So i still need to use perks. Survivor basekit change did not give anything. 5 seconds is joke.

I don't see how it doesn't with a five second grace period AND a speed boost.

If killer bodyblock you, it does not matter you have speed boost or not. I can do this with current BT, it should not be hard with base BT.

I don't see the issue with that? That's not a consistent counter strategy on the Killer's part. If it was, BT wouldn't have been the meta perk that it was.

I am seeing issue with that because they buffed camping. So if camping is stronger than before, then survivors should have stronger anti-camp/anti-tunnel mechanics. 5 seconds BT is so weak. You can block them to go any strong loop. Counting 5 is not hard.

I'm not convinced that you can consistently do that with the speed boost, but I'm open to being shown otherwise.

• NeamyNeamy Member Posts: 310

I assume the 5 seconds is so the killer doesn’t immediately down the unhooked before they have a time to react

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 1,475

Imagine end game Off The Record. Now imagine end game Deliverance + Off The Record. With the gate already open, the killer literally won't be able to do anything (unless they have good mobility).