Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

R. I. P. Self Care lmao

AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 3,484

Here you can see that BHVR changes Perks only thanks to stats, 35% healing speed is awful, it's literally a 100% Killer Perk now.

Comments

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 3,484

But at least it had some benefits like longer med-kit usage or in clutch situations it could help, now it literally only benefits the Killer.

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 3,484
    edited June 22

I mean, they buffed Sole Survivor to do what Left Behind did, the issue is they changed Left Behind to do something else because the effect was useless, and now Sole Survivors has it.

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 1,659

Absolutely murdered. Goes to show that years of getting memed from the NA community isn't enough to fly under the radar. Numbers-wise, the perk was always pretty good. It never stopped being funny watching streamers say how bad Self-Care is while they spent match after match wasting minutes looking for some way to heal themselves.

I'll miss you so much, Self-Care. :(

• CrazewtboyCrazewtboy Member Posts: 1,172

Yeah I picked up on that. I'm confused about that as well

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,815

Talk about dancing on an already bad perk's grave.

• RisingTronRisingTron Member Posts: 464

Whenever I used Self-Care I paired it with Botany anyway.

Old Botany was 33% Self-Care was 50%

So you healed at 80% speed.

Now Self-Care is 35% and Botany is 50% so it's a 85% heal. Not great, but not worse than it was.

Honestly think they did this to push more ppl to running COH.

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,606

My biggest question is the removal of self-heal item efficiency, why not nerf medkits? I get that 50% self-heal speed is still quite powerful, going from injured to healthy against a lot of killers can be game changing, especially if you cant find your teammates. So the 35% imo is fine, but the item efficiency removal is baffling.

• MilMansonMilManson Member Posts: 939
    edited June 22

I went against a streamer yesterday and I had sloppy, coulrophobia and he stood there healing for like TWO minutes when I watched the VOD.

Why use self-care anyway? It's less time-consuming to find another survivor and get healed, it's always been a selfish perk.

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,091

Circle of healing even more meta now

• Luciferr_2ndLuciferr_2nd Member Posts: 909

I swear to god if some survivors still use this perk...

The amount of time it wastes

• SatelitSatelit Member Posts: 1,140

I'm going to scream if I ever see a solo Q teammate bring this perk

• DY86DY86 Member Posts: 428

Powerful? Bro, it takes over 30 secs the way it is now. Its faster to use a med kit, CoH or just have someone else heal u.

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,606

But what if there is no CoH? What if there isnt someone else available? 2 people selfcaring at the same time right now is an equal timesink as 2 people healing each other. So yeah, quite powerful.

If you think Selfcare is a weak perk, I can 100% tell that this has been your experience:

Claudette running to the complete opposite side of the map, healing herself with selfcare in the furthest corner away from the killer possible.

This is like using current pop, walking past a gen thats 99% to kick a generator that is 20%. Its simply bad perk usage.

Someone using selfcare nearby, especially when they've been recently unhooked and their teammate is being chased nearby, they can heal up before their teammate is losing a single healthstate, meaning they can easily jump in to bodyblock. Let alone that Selfcare is often ran with Botany Knowledge anyway, making that self-heal last only 24 seconds. Meaning that even if your teammate entered a deadzone, you can heal up fast enough to bodyblock and tank a hit. You could even tank a hit, run away, have the killer chase the same survivor, heal up before that killer is capable of closing the gap and then tank another hit. In a team with 3 selfcarers(+bk), it was basically possible to have an infinite chase while the 4th person did gens.

35% also means that healing takes about 46 seconds(without additional debuffs), then running the new botany means it will take 30 seconds rather than 24.

Again, the weirdest part about the nerf is the removal of item efficiency, especially since they buffed the efficiency of Botany by 17%. Meaning you can now run Botany and Streetwise, and have practically the same effect as you had when running Botany, Streetwise and Self-Care. So if you ran Self-Care for self-healing with medkits, now you even have an extra perkslot for even more healing speed. Like, you could use the purple medkit about 6 times with 3 perks, then have Built To Last and use it another 6 times, then Built To Last for another 4 times, then again for another 2 times for a total of 18 heals with just the medkit. Excluding addons, which could be fully dedicated to speed. Now you have Botany Knowledge being buffed so you can do the same with 3 perks, except healing is 17% faster, and you have another perkslot open for a 4th healing perk like Desperate Measures. Not even including that the Botany Knowledge buff also means that Syringe can be used even faster in chase.

The 35% healing is fine, the other alteration is the odd one out here.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,737

It's funnyto joke about these nerfs, but the reality is that ththe average survivor player is absolutely lost without their self care. This is actually huge forthe survivor community

• KrazzikKrazzik Member Posts: 319

It was nerfed because it was one of the most-used survivor perks and BHVR wants to change the meta.

• AdjathaAdjatha Member Posts: 1,494

There was zero reason to run Self-Care instead of Circle of Healing except for "I haven't bought that character yet."

Now, there's even less reason. This is just going to drive COH through the roof.

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 3,060

Yeah. I was laughing so hard when I read that part of the update. Completely disconnected thinking to make a change like that.

• KrazzikKrazzik Member Posts: 319

Why is it one of the most used perks at high MMR then?

• AdjathaAdjatha Member Posts: 1,494

Because the usage stats are from the last year, and Circle of Healing came in half-way through the year. If you just looked at the stats from CoH's release onward, you'd see a very different story.

• ElcopolloElcopollo Member Posts: 711

It's still is viable when paired with Botany Knowledge, maybe even more viable than right now, given BK's buff. And given that both are Claudette's perks - it makes sense you'd run both. The change is ok, I think, with CoH being even less consistent thanks to Shattered Hope. It's just that now you can't both save a perk slot and not waste extra time looking for totem to bless - you'll have to choose what are you willing to sacrifice for numerous heals: time or perk slot.

But I do agree that compared to Unbreakable or Adrenaline, Self Care is barely meta at all lol.

• MB666MB666 Member Posts: 503
    edited June 22

you can still use it with  botany knowledge soo , is literally the same but less stronger if is not used with other healing items.