Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Time to quit

Comments

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 2,671

I would give it a try, maybe Solo isnt as bad we think its going to be, altough I doubt it, camping was made stronger so people will camp even more and stuff like Nurse, Blight and Spirit who decimated Solos are going to be even harder to deal with because of the base changes, in any case the changes show a clear disconect from whoever makes the decissions and how the game is played but hey, its not my game so what do i know?.

Thats why Europe has Killer queues from morning until ~21:30 almost for 2 months straight, sometimes even 7 minutes queues, sure its because there are no Killers around...

• ArchAbhorArchAbhor Member Posts: 707

Thats hyperbolic. The changes arnt that bad unless you need those meta perks. Which good survivors dont really. What I'm concerned with is the camping tunneling change isnt big enough. Seems disproportionate killer buffs. The reason why I'm saying you're being hyperbolic is that they already said they are going to monitor the changes to make sure nothing gets out of hand. Which means that they are going to adjust things. Its not the end of the world just because changes were announced, and typically if theres a substantial issue to survivors BHVR are quick to fix it. So if you're worried thats fine but being all doom and gloom is not warranted

• ClarityOfWillClarityOfWill Member Posts: 172

Didn't the devs say there was a 15% difference in escape rates between soloq and swf? How are many of these changes meant to address that imbalance if the emphasis is now being put on people taking hits for each other. That level of coordination doesn't happen consistently even against swf's, let alone soloq where people get frightened because they heard the terror radius for 5 seconds.

Have I missed something?

• ArchAbhorArchAbhor Member Posts: 707

Im assuming since they are addressing the core balance like this they are planning on snipping other outliers like nurse and blight. Hopefully swf too but I think theres an argument to be made that the killer buffs might bring killers up to that level.

• t0007319t0007319 Member Posts: 176

Tried killer before and honestly took me 5 mins to get a game whilst survivor was instant. Unless it’s just an issue in the US but they shouldn’t really be forcing people to play a side they don’t want to play by nerfing player perks they like.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,344

I guess you don't know how a single digit IQ person would perform, but I can never take this kind of claims seriously, no matter how well the rest might be constructed.

I think DS deactivating in the endgame is cool, but the nerf to 3s? I am a bit baffled by this myself, and I am a killer main.

• BranBran Member Posts: 1,475

Yeah, I did have hope these changes would be good. Killer got some nice changes, they for some reason gave survivors haste and endurance off hook and made some bad perk decisions.

Overall these of course were probably it what people expected

• feruisferuis Member Posts: 251

Crybaby

• espookedespooked Member Posts: 397

You guys are so dramatic

• Sheridan_LTSheridan_LT Member Posts: 341

Bloodweb got 4 times easier to level up so that BBQ thing is irrelevant, agreed on everything else.

• Sheridan_LTSheridan_LT Member Posts: 341

Imagine the insanely idiotic bodyblock plays with Off the Record, DS and Boon: Circle of Healing.

• NoTerrorRadiusNoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 197

OP give yourself time to adjust to the change and then see what you think. It's too early to know for sure what your experiences will be. Use this time to come up with new perk combinations based on the proposed changes. 👍🏾

• NorhcNorhc Member Posts: 408

great for killers

Not really, no.

• Marik1987Marik1987 Member Posts: 509

They just had to do one thing: if 3+ players are in the ingame-friendlist, this survivors receive a speed penalty to all actions by X percent.

So 2 players together is fine, more receive nerfs.

• Thanatos38Thanatos38 Member Posts: 37

As far as decisive strike is concerned, it wasn't fun with how it was and it is made worse in the update. If decisive strike is no fun for you then maybe change your play style to where you're not tunneling to have it used on you. Something I've noticed often in the event is killers will tunnel and slug, with it looking pretty obvious they're scared a survivor has decisive strike.

• Jay_KJay_K Member Posts: 146

I see a few issues with your statements here but lets adress the first thing. Time to quit. Then quit. no ones stopping you if you don't like change go play another game.

Now to address the comments in your post.

You say whats to stop killers bringing stacked regression perks. how is this different from before this update? Killers have always been able to do this its just a form of playstyle. As a killer main I can argue with this update whats to stop survivors bringing stacked endurance and speed perks that have been buffed??

Every survivor meta perk decimated...not exactly. Balancing doesnt mean decimated. Lets break it down.

Dead hard has been buffed. on the face of it the perk looks bad but in practice when used efficently it will give survivors much more distance and a free hit.

Ds was nurfed but it was needed. The stun timer brings it in line with pallet and head on stun timers.

BT has been buffed a lot because ontop of the endurance you also get the 7% speed boost for the 15 seconds.

Self care was nurfed yes but there are alternative perks you can use instead. Boon circle of healing or just bring a medkit.

Iron will is a fair nerf as it doesnt make survivors completly invisible.

Now you say bloodlust got buffed. Well yes it did. but only tier 2 and 3. Most killers will get a hit either before blood lust 1 or during blood lust 1. If a killer gets to bl2 or bl3 then either the survivor has a god tier setup or the survivor is just higher skill. And a higher skilled player will know to pallet stun a killer to reset blood lust timers.

I find it intersting that you don't mention any survivor buffs and just complain about nerfs. Off the record (although will likely be changed) is a great solo survivor perk as it can help when your farmed off the hook. Botony knowledge got a buff meaning the healing meta is even better now.

All in all the update has its ups and downs but both sides got nerfs and both sides got buffs.

What we are seeing on the forums is players just complain for the sake of complaining and most don't want to stop and think about how the new versions of the perks will work in practice or how some of them will become very powerful when comboed.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,687

Off the Record, MoM, DS, Adrenaline, Soul Guard and WGLF will make for a pretty nasty combo for SWF. Add some Medkits with Styptic Agent on top and the killer won´t know who to hit.