Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Am i the only one that thinks the hooks are too close?

SmarulKusiaSmarulKusia Member Posts: 730

Sometimes even whilst hitting the great skill checks, you barely reach half way on the wiggling meter. The only times that I've genuinely wiggled off without interruptions (eg, flashlight, stun, bodyblocking) is if the killer is being silly with where they are going, or being OVERLY greedy.

Feel like especially with the new changes that are favouring killer gameplay in chase, there should be some change in regards to wiggling, hooks or the speed a killer walks at whilst carrying a survivor.

Comments

• SmarulKusiaSmarulKusia Member Posts: 730

I am saying this with the consideration of the recent changes we will be testing in the PTB - that favour the killer considerably in chase, stun duration reduction, pallet/wall breaking quicker, bloodlust quicker. The same way that a game isn't over just because the exit gates have been powered, the game shouldnt be over just because you got downed.

A killer can comfortably walk between three hooks without the survivor being able to wiggle off. It doesn't matter if one of the hooks in that area is broken because the killer can walk to another without breaking a sweat.

• amazing_graceamazing_grace Member Posts: 732

The thing is, the game isn't just over because you got downed. You have 2 hook states to spare, so it's not like you get killed on your first hook. Every survivor has 2 hook states, so if the killer is playing more relaxed and fair, he has a lot of hook states to chew through if they even want to get a kill.

Don't forget that they'll have to potentially change other perks that affect survivor wiggle speed and sabo builds if they were to change the wiggle time. Boil Over, Breakout, Saboteur, and sabo tool boxes would probably need nerfs/number changes to account for a base kit change to wiggle.

I'm not sure how much killer you play, but sometimes you down a survivor and pick them up to see one hook you can definitely reach and maybe a hook you could barely reach. There are some areas on the maps where you can reach 3 hooks easily, but a lot of times it's mostly just two hooks that are your options. Especially if you run a scourge hook, it becomes difficult to not take the first hook you see, which shouldn't be the trade off. The killer has to choose to spend more time carrying a survivor or hook quickly to get into next chase.

There are certain maps that have really bad hook spawns. This is moreso a map problem than the wiggle speed problem, but changing the wiggle speed would definitely not help this situation.

• aryola03aryola03 Member Posts: 23

'' the game shouldnt be over just because you got downed.''

I guess you've never played a killer. Time is very very important for a killer. Chasing and dropping average 45 second.Can't hang on the hook 1 minute. ??? Losing 1 minute = potantial to lose 3 gen = L O S E

• TotemSeeker91TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 1,906

Or you could run breakdown, y'know, that perk that everyone knows exists, lol

Hey, when the survivor breakdowns your only scourge hook on one side of the map, its a little sad. Good thing breakdown is only used by adept Jeffs and some meme team sabo no mither squads.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,446

You are not supposed to wiggle out. Wiggling should only prevent the Killer from choosing any hook they like. If wiggling would not exist, you would probably end up in the Basement or on any Scourge Hook all the time.

However, I agree that Hooks are too close. Often enough Hooks are close enough that the Killer can camp (or, like Killers like to say: "patrol") both Hooks. And this should not be the case, the Killer already has a lot of pressure with two people on the Hook, no reason to make it easy to camp (sorry: "patrol") both Hooks.

Yeah, that's true I guess, but yeah, like you said, how often does that happen? Lol

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,308

You're not the only one to think any given thing, so no. You're not the only one that thinks that.

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 4,557
    edited June 23

What else is a killer supposed to do? You're supposed to find and kill survivors, so obviously you're going to be where the survivors are going to go, which includes gens and hooks.

You don't see survivors ignoring gens because they dont want to "win to much".

This is why camping is an entirely legit tactic, only "facecamping" has any issues.

Obviously hooks shouldn't be SO close that this is made so incredibly easy, but if the option is there, the killer has no reason not to take advantage of it.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 5,591

Survivors still have some control where they get downed. The killer is able to down and hook 2 survivors near each other, then the survivor made a misplay.

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeakHexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276

So you want me to chase you for 2 minutes, finally catch you, and then you just wiggle out... just because you think wiggling should be buffed? You're not MEANT to be able to just wiggle out for free. The whole point is you wiggle out with teammate help, or because the killer downed you in a deadzone where they already destroyed the hook earlier.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,446

I mean, two Survivors being downed is already a misplay regardless where they are hooked. But two Survivors hooked next to each other with the Killer "patroling" between them is not a favorable situation for the Killer, it is basically a win. The other two can basically just run to the Killer and let them down them, because there is not really a point in playing anymore.

• SuzuKRSuzuKR Member Posts: 3,911

That is literally on purpose. Wiggling is literally never ever meant to be a reliable way to get off, UNLESS bodyblocking/well-timed sabotages/etc happen. You went down, why should you get rewarded for that? The entire point of wiggling is exclusively to (1) prevent taking the game hostage bleed out pauses while carried), and (2) prevent them from taking you across the entire map to the basement. Punishing the killer for getting a down is stupid.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074
    edited June 23

If anything some maps needs better hook spawns, not worse.

As a general rule I don't think a survivor should ever be able to wiggle off before reaching hook without it being a result of some perk or another survivor intervening with body blocks or sabos. For how much time you lose on downing a survivor it is extremely punishing to lose out on a hook from a down and shouldn't be taken lightly.

They're generally speaking pretty good right now.

The killer is playing smart, because of the situation the survivors put themselves into. The killer at no point should be forced to let you unhook your teammates just because they messed up and gave him a huge advantage.

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 4,557

Nah, even with just one survivor hooked, chances are they simply get a hook trade.

With two hooked survivors, however close, the chances of duping a rescue on one to get the other is fairly high, and you'll probably get one hook trade and one full rescue. The killer gets three hook scores out of it but you'll end up in a position more favourable for the survivors going forward, if you're then able to escape the killer after that. If they continue to camp the one remaining hooked survivor you can all heal up.

• jarjargist21jarjargist21 Member Posts: 403

You have maps like rcpd, Halloween, meat plant, and midwitch that have really terrible hook spawns. So why are you complaining?

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

naah this how hooks should spawn

I probably can count on my hands the number of meme sabo squads I've gotten and I only remember a couple times where breakout inconvenienced me out of my scourge hook.

I do remember I got incredible breakdown value with a nurse that turned the game around, but getting value out of that perk is very difficult.

Yeah... I hope it's the secret 40th perk getting buffed, lol

I think you read my title and just decided to respond to that rather than my post

A killer shouldn't be able to walk back and forth between hooks without a penalty.

A killer can't just walk back and forth between hooks if a survivor is actively wiggling. They will 100% lose that survivor. With some perks like Agitation and Iron Grasp it's possible to do a lap, but that's dedicating 2 perks to do something not extremely useful most of the time.

I can tell you don't actually play killer, because if you had you would already know this.

You are another user that read the title and decided to knee-jerk respond than to read my post.

My issue is that the hooks are so close, that a killer can walk between them with ease without the survivor wiggling off.