Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Iron Will finally has a counterplay

aryola03aryola03 Member Posts: 21

I'm also a survivor main and this change is nice.Because old Iron Will don't have counterplay.If you're playing Spirit you're trying to find someone you can't see or hear. That's disgusting

But now it has a counterplay and no free escape. Thanks BHVR

Comments

• Tatt3dWonTatt3dWon Member Posts: 517

They literally buffed every killer perk they reworked all the perks for survivor are pointless reworks and nerfs except the gen rushing ones. OTR is pointless because when you get hit the killer will be right on you again. BT is pointless for the same reason.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074

It needed some change to not gut Spirit the way it does but it's current PTB version is dead. No one will run IW anymore, it's terrible. Too heavy handed.

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 2,671

They are probably ingrained so badly into the code they cant rid of them without rewriting it, because downed with no sounds still happens and its been 6 years, sure its way less common but its still there and I experience it from time to time.

• D2nightD2night Member Posts: 130

You’re not fooling me killer main. Typical, “im a survivor main” lmao iron will nerf is incredibly bad (talking about the “deactivated when exhausted part, not the 75% reduction that part is good) there’s no way this perk is any useful

• BrimpBrimp Member Posts: 1,533

I will still stick by this, iron will was ONLY good because sounds in dbd just don't work. If they had more grass around iron will wouldn't do anything as I would hear something rustling in the grass and if they left the loop there's just no footstep audio of them leaving the loop.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,567
    edited June 23

Yeah. The Ruin/Corrupt/PGTW/PaineRes buffs are really going to tear up the PTB.

You are better than this, Sir/Madam!

You're just losing hope, but I guarantee it will not be as bad as you think.

I believe in you!

I don't really like this rhetoric...but damn....I had to upvote as a fellow Music/Band fan!

corrupt was never a problem to begin with it works exactly the same ruin still regresses gens until someone dies when someone dies if its still 5 gens games usually over pop is still good if the gen has progress pain res is like the only true nerf now go on to the non meta perks that they buffed to the moon and tell me which ones didn't get better and like I said only perks that are good for survivors now are the gen rush ones. What survivor perk would you run that they "buffed"?

• cheetocultleadercheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,194

This. Right here. I didn't always run Iron Will, but on occasion it was fun. RIP.

• TheArbiterTheArbiter Member Posts: 1,315
    edited June 23

Its one of those perks that is bad game design. I say this because it either needs to mute sounds 100% or it is a pointless perk

I can still get 2-3 hooks with minimal gen progression with Corrupt? Oh wait....

Ruin still regresses gens? Yeah, at 1/2 it's current speed and is now literally the only Hex perk that deactivates for progressing your objective....quite possibly when you need/want to defend a 3 gen.

To answer your question, I'll be running Self-Care/Botany/Overcome(more enticing than ever due to hit speed nerf)/Off The Record on the PTB, most likely.

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 1,236

NGL, I thought all of the perk balance changes were pretty fair aside from Iron Will. This one was a little overkill. I can’t see anyone using it anymore.

edited June 23

Overcome is a good one botany and self care have always been useless and otr is basically ds but without getting downed and wont do much you could just bring bottled time if you needed otr. Yea I mean your only using one useful perk. But the sad thing is you have to use a perk just to have the same distance as the game has now before the update.

• rvzrvzrvzrvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 380
    edited June 23

I don't use it in my builds so I'm not the best to talk about it but in solo Q it's kinda good if less people stay injured, healing meta will continue with coh, medkits, maybe selfcare and botany

• SlowpeachSlowpeach Member Posts: 425

I think if you are crouched and still (like putting something in your mouth to prevent sound like the picture) it should be 100% silent. This is not a practical thing to do but it would still be useful sometimes. Should also work while healing or being healed.

Running around, doing gens or anything other then focusing that iron will? You are making some noise,

I mean no disrespect, but your opinion of that build says a lot.

It says i like looping and not running away healing up running away healing up if you were going to run that just bring a med kit instead your using 2 perks just to get the current self healing and making otr go away if you heal. If thats how you like to play get hit and hide thats cool but not my type of game i like to play.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,487

The thing is, the game losses some options. I run iron will, because i dont like looping. instead of running in circles, i used line-of-sight-breakers to juke the killer. Often it was only possible after you either stun the killer (not possible if all pallets already got used up by your teammates) or you got hit. But now, there is no point in it, because he can still hear you. So ending a chase using stealth is no longer an option, and i basicly have to run in circles to extend the chase time, then run to the next loop. It just streamlines the game into a form where you basicly got the same match every match. We will see how this works out. (or not, the day stealth is no option anymore other than hidding when you hear a heartbeat i might very well quit).

there are several nerfs/reworks i dont agree with, but most, i dont care. Self Care, Iron will and Ruin and Tinkerer are the ones i dont agree with.