Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Corrupt will STILL be meta...

EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,760

Corrupt will still be meta as you haven't adjusted the base game issue people use it for...

You said you understand killers use it because of the early game of everyone spawning on separate gens yet you did nothing to stop that.

Killers should of gotten a baby corrupt like survivors got baby BT, even if it's only 20-30 seconds base and corrupt now just extends it and that's why corrupt will still be used at the higher level especially on all setup killers.

Also the DS stun should still be 5 seconds, you're making tunneling less punishing.

Comments

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 4,098

I'm not sure I agree. While survivors spawning on separate generators is still going to be a problem, especially on larger maps, the extra ten charges required to finish repairing any given one gives killers more time to actually start a chase and begin pressure. Combined with Corrupt now deactivating on your first down, I think you will see its use case decline sharply.

It is still a decent perk, though. It wasn't sledgehammered the way others were, and the way it maybe should've been.

• MewishisMewishis Member Posts: 305

Corrupt will be meta for setup killers, it is fixed for killers who have huge mobility, but it wont be an issue for trapper for his setup.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,834

I think its a good change. Still useful for killers that need it.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 5,241

Maybe, but this type of play here could actually become pretty heroic

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,760

10 seconds wont make much difference though since every regression was nerfed which is why the gens was increased. That 10 seconds is a killer walking to a few gens and that doesnt stop X progression on 3odd generators

Well nurse and blight never needed, and when they get nerfed which they will gens will still lose too much progress at the start of a match

Not every regression was nerfed? Ruin, Pop, and Pain Res were nerfed.

Thana, Overcharge, Eruption, and Jolt were buffed.

Not that any of those perks except Ruin would actually help you in the early game, which is what we're talking about here. A flat time increase will help you in the early game, as it means you're more likely to get a chase and hopefully a down before a generator is finished.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,966

I used Corrupt on most of my killers, but I'm 100% willing to admit that it was the most boring perk to face in my survivor games.

It required no input and had no downsides.

• KrazzikKrazzik Member Posts: 456

A Nurse or Blight that can get a down within 20 seconds will not use it, which is good, they don't need it.

A Trapper/Hag or weak m1 killer than takes a long time to get a down will use it, which is good, they need it.

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Corrupt isn't going to be meta on chase Killers (Nurse, Blight, Spirit, etc.) anymore

• MikaelaWantsYourBoonMikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 3,773

I really hoped they will fix issues.

They did not address tunnelling and camping, they buffed them.

They did not address early game for killers. They nerfed it.

There was dfference between Solos and SWFs, these survivor nerfs are targeting solos usually.

I am just happt for general killer buffs, which will help m1 killers (but also buff for Nurse & Blight)

Looks like i hoped for nothing

• toxik_survivortoxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,042

Corrupt got more nerfed to the ground than any other perk

• TotemSeeker91TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 1,911

Except the killer now runs 3 perks the rest of the game, it's not like survivors exactly show themselves during those 2 minutes, they all go immerse

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,760

That's the issue I have. Tunneling and early game for killer are the 2 things I had hoped would be fixed especially base wise but the DS change makes tunneling less punishing due to the small reduction (which we have actually experienced before with a DS bug and killers would just tunnel through it) and early game which hasnt been fixed at all.

I'm honestly disappointed, if they want stuff not to be meta the base game has to be fixed especially to provide a fun experience for both sides

• DeathstrokeDeathstroke Member Posts: 1,442

But it does not reward playing well I have lot of matches first down in 10-20s so corrupt will not give me any value in these matches. It's valuable only when you take lot of time to get that first down.

• DeathstrokeDeathstroke Member Posts: 1,442

They should made that ds basekit and if you use the perk then it would 8s stun. But basekit ds should have only 40s timer.

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeakHexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276

"Making tunneling less punishing" They've made BT basekit and essentially buffed it. Off the record is now a literal better version than DS.

You don't need DS, OTR will be stronger in literally every single way.

Well, yeah? It's use case is going to decline sharply because of that.

It's now useful for killers that take a while to get going. Oni, Myers, Ghostface, arguably Nemesis, any killer that can't instantly start pressuring with downs will have a little more time to get that early pressure going, that is now what Corrupt is for- it's not the one-size-fits-all best slowdown perk anymore.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoonMikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 3,773

OTR will not come to live, don't worry. It is so busted.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 2,275

Corrupt intervention is dam type perk. it doesn't stop generators from being completed, it just delays early gen in general from being completed.

the extra 10 seconds on every generator is an extra 10 seconds of the dam effect in the base-game. Its little bit like base-kit corrupt intervention. I'd say its about half-power because I'd say that corrupt on average prevents 1 generator being powered per game, so for example if you are going lose 3 generators without it in first chase, you'll lose 2 generators instead. so its slightly worse but still base-kit corrupt

This is why Hex:Ruin was heavily nerfed because extra seconds on generators will make ruin exponentially more powerful as likelihood for a survivor to complete a generator from 0-100 is decreased, which means ruin has more chances to regress generators. Again this perk is heavily targeting nurse/blight and so is tinkerer nerf.

this is also why pop goes weasel was heavily nerfed because..... it provides a lot of regression per hook and generators being at 90 means that killer with high mobility(Like blight and Nurse) were able to utilize the perk way too often, nerfing pop is nerf to these hyper mobile killer with strong chases.

The perk that they did not "nerf" enough was pain resonance and I think I know why. Its because unlike ruin and pop, Pain resonance is not reliable regression and hyper mobile killers do not exploit the perk any better than your average trapper player.

So I would say corrupt, ruin and pop goes weasel are dead perks. they were meta before, but they're weaker now. Pain resonance will still be meta, so nothing change there.

Overcharge+Call of brine is new undying ruin. Surge is new corrupt intervention and Eruption is the new pop goes weasel. out with old, in with the new, as they say in term of gen defense.

the only thing i'm curious about for killer is how effective is brutal strength+fire up? Is this perk combo even worth anything? is stbfl needed vs endurence or can you play without it? from current pick-rates, I want to say no because generator defense is dominate, but we'll see.

I don't want the text to extend longer, but I think survivor meta is largely unchanged. I think DS/Iron will/Spine chill/Self-care are dead with Decisive strike maybe surviving. Keeping survivor part short and sweet, Dead hard+BT+Off the record+COH will be new meta with prove thyself+Overzealous being side-meta to the Iron will/Spine chill gameplay that will partly counter the 10 second gen increases. I also predict that people will complain about off the record bodyblocking which is going to be similar to old decisive strike+unbreakable, so I think BVHR will weaken off the record to 60 seconds and than your going get classic sluzzy post though this will likely happen 3 months post-update, give or take.

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 1,729

For sure, it'll stay up for those who need it, deactivate for those who don't. A subtle but very effective change.

• DBDVultureDBDVulture Member Posts: 1,000

Corrupt will only be worth using on a killer like Legion who wants to injure everyone first. It will also be used on a killers like Hag, MM and Trapper who need setup time.

Every other killer will get more benefit out of other perks now. You can 100% expect Deadlock to replace corrrupt - hopefully we get it in the shrine before the event ends.

Corrupt usually gets me 1-2 hooks in its current state, which a pretty huge start for killer.

• TheLastHookTheLastHook Member Posts: 495

It´s only viable for The Trapper, for the rest is pointless.

I guess so, idk, everytime I've run it I've always had stealth survivors and I always mess up my static blast, so I'm blind for another...is it a minute for static blast cooldown? And then I normally find a survivor by then

I run Whispers on Doc - Usually find someone with SB/increase Madness level in the first 25-20s of gameplay.

Dunno if you've tried it, but it's pretty fun/useful even when SB on on c/d

Yeah I could probably run that, I love running off meta stuff, my loadout is BBQ...(ok, not a good start, but I promise the rest is off meta) Dark devotion, lightborn, and thanato, with iri king and high stim, my favorite loadout, lol

Does DD make it so the Static Blast comes off the Survivor?

That would be neat-o burrito!

Yes it does, I learned it just a while back, half the reason why I run it, so far... hasn't really been helpful, but considering how blind I am in a chase, it's nice to find the survivor again with DD...even though they were probably hiding somewhere close anyways but... it's still funny, lol