Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

No More Dead Hard! :D

2»

Comments

• TheArbiterTheArbiter Member Posts: 1,535

Sprint Burst isn't a third health state for a survivor that got outplayed

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,966

I'm very amused at the delusions people have about Sprint Burst.

• AdjathaAdjatha Member Posts: 1,656

Old Dead Hard: 0.5 second window

New Dead Hard: 1 second window

Old Dead Hard: 6m travel distance

New Dead Hard: 12m travel distance

Old Dead Hard: Straight-line movement that could run into walls or corners if not aimed correctly

New Dead Hard: Full control over your character's movements

Old Dead Hard: Able to make it to pallets but prevented you from vaulting

New Dead Hard: Able to make it to pallets AND vaults

Old Dead Hard: Movement only

New Dead Hard: Free range of motion under the invulnerable status, including uninterruptable unhooking

What part of "They made Dead Hard BETTER" do people not get? The perk that 75% of survivors used will go up to 100% if this rework goes live.

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

People have been saying SB is better forever, it's not new.

However, honestly with this change, I don't see people stopping using DH. In fact, I this entire patch isn't going to affect the survivor meta at all. It just makes survivors weaker. If I play survivor, I'll still have to use the weakened Decisive Strike, I'll still have to play the weaken BT. If I ever ran DH, which I don't, I wouldn't stop using DH.

The developers nerfed a bunch of perks that survivors basically have to use. Then buffed a bunch of useless perks. "Buffing" a useless perk like Dark Sense, or Pharmacy, or Calm Spirit where you add another useless ability isn't going to make me use them. My god what a stupid patch.

• AdjathaAdjatha Member Posts: 1,656

It's also worth noting that Borrowed Time just straight-up got better too, despite being a massively used, Meta perk. The "we think fewer people will use this" was solely because everybody gets a smaller version for free, so it frees up a perk slot for another second chance perk.

Not actually a lot of survivor nerfs in these meta perk reworks (other than the massive hit to Self-Care and Spine Chill)

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,397

It's really new since that perk changes shown up tbh.

• The_C12H15NO2The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 324

DH i think will be better at high level play. These are survivors who hold their dead hard to avoid the hit. Now they get that endurance and gain a ton of distance from taking the hit under endurance. Personally DH for distance should've been kept and the invulnerability should have been removed. So if a killer was able to make the hit, even if the survivor hits DH they still get the down. Using DH to create more distance between yourself and the killer just makes more sense than a free MOM.

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

If it kept the distance and lost the invulnerability, it should have a 3 second burst of speed like all the other endurance abilities.

• JimbusCrimbusJimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,038

Better? Yes. More fair? Also yes.

People saying "but sprint burst tho" don't understand how silly they look, cause they think that's some sort of "gotcha". It really isn't. For a variety of reasons.

• SlowpeachSlowpeach Member Posts: 532

This. It may not work this way in practice but if anything it’s like they buffed it in most cases.

• RavenBirbRavenBirb Member Posts: 251

Yeah but it's gonna be like 1 second of endurance, so it has great potential to go both ways hopefully.