Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Trash Talking While Using Dead Hard

Just so awkward man. The fact these people have the audacity to say EZ in the end game chat whilst they can't loop or win any chases without a get out of jail free card is the corniest thing I've ever seen from a gaming community.

I just hope that the dead hard changes butcher this perk so that survivors will actually have to learn how to play the game instead of going on auto pilot.

Comments

• EvilSerjeEvilSerje Member Posts: 310

Dunno about survivor saying EZ, but I can speak only for SoloQ. Bu every 10th killer player say EZ and Learn to Play, while facecamp, hard tunnel and using noed. Especially funny see that from Nurses.

• GloamGloam Member Posts: 536

I mean technically they weren't wrong? DH does make the game easy for survivors and as far as the changes go DH is in no world butchered I think it's still be good but will require skill to use now I imagine but we'll see.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 6,623

Whenever I see these posts it just adds to the reasons they should remove chat since it's unnecessary and only breeds toxicity. It's a waste of resources to keep chat in the game.

• KingFieldShipperKingFieldShipper Member Posts: 159

1) Can we just stop with us vs them already like christ. I just don't get posts like this

2) Dead hard was only ever a problem with survivors that, as you said learned "how to play the game" - dead harding for distance requires map knowledge, game sense/situational awareness, timing and people who DHFD know they can greed a pallet or loop because they have dead hard - taking DHFD away doesn't make them any less of a looper - it will make them looping a little bit more safe and maybe prethrow a bit more, and my guess is the people who are really good are going to move to sprint burst - a 99'ed sprint burst in the middle of a chase is incredibly easy to pull off and a lot more frustrating than a dead hard for distance ever was imo

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeakHexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276

Dead harding for distance does not require literally anything of what you just said. At most all it requires is the survivor to know if they NEED to dead hard for distance or if they can make it safely without it. Nothing else. It's a safe tactic that at the same time punishes killers for literally doing well and catching up in a chase.

• squbaxsqubax Member Posts: 446

When I DHFD I have never in my life thought any of that, I just do it to get to the pallet/window and extend the loop.

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 2,978

I recommend turning off endgame chat if someone saying "EZ" puts you in enough of a tizzy that you come here to make a post about it.

Screw Dead Hard though.

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,067

Dead hard doesn't matter, trashtalk is made by just eh people as is.

• drsoontmdrsoontm Member Posts: 2,394

It may come as a shock but the majority of my end game chats are nice.

• ohheyitsbobcatohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,277
    edited June 23

I kind of want to copy/paste that entire thing but replace dead hard with Nurse and range add-ons. I think it'd work well.

On topic, I'd probably just turn off endgame chat or leave early if you're worried about trashtalk or if it gets to you more then it should. No reason to upset yourself.

• TheSubstituteTheSubstitute Member Posts: 903

Sometimes I get that. To be honest, it's at least 5 times more common to come from a survivor I killed than one that escaped. I just continue saying gg to the other survivors and move on. I mean, what should I say? I won and they lost so if I'm bad then how bad are they for losing to me?

Much less frequently, I get it from winning survivors. I find it helpful to mention I don't know why they're so miserable and angry but I hope they find something in their life they can take pride in other than a video game. I tell them I'm rooting for them and move on.

• squbaxsqubax Member Posts: 446

If they won they won, the fact that they needed a get out of jailcard to win doesn't change the fact that they won and you lost, and frankly 80% of all survivors will trashtalk after winning, so my advice to avoid trashtalk is, start destroying them so they just leave the lobby as soon as possible.

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 2,425

Gg ez

• DyingWish92DyingWish92 Member Posts: 390

Forget about trash talking while using DH. They will trash talk when using DH, DS, UB, and IW. Like total tool bags, then when you kill them they complain about tunneling and camping. Like seriously bro your whole build is second chances..

• StibbityStabbityStibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,643

Just respond with "I kissed your dad".

Doesn't matter what they say, just say that. Then, after that, respond ONLY with "Smooch".

Assert dominance. With dads.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,204

Dayum GannMan! I feel this guys feelings ... but your words dig deep, because they ring true >__<

• Fnatic47Fnatic47 Member Posts: 357
  • Fnatic47Fnatic47 Member Posts: 357
    edited June 24

Sometimes i wonder.. Why people have to provoke other players... Saying "GG EZ" for me is almost like saying "GG your t****".... I mean... There is no need for that... Its a game guys... Be chill, you guys won t win nothing with that kind of actions...

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,845

It's no different to if they trash talked using any other perk, just using stuff that's in the game either way.

And no, I don't like trash talk. But there's no difference in how "justified" it is based on what they do as long as they don't cheat or something.