Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

do we need to do something about enduring body blocking?

2»

Comments

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeakHexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276

You can literally get unhooked, go get healed. Come back, and tank 2 hits without going down. Even IF you go straight off the hook. You tank the hit and get the speed boost so you just run away anyway.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074

"Im iri 1 on both killer and surv lol"

Which is play time and not skill.

"Bt is only a problem if u consistently tunnel, which I dont"

Wrong. Anyone with a decent amount of hours in the game knows this.

"u implied it didn’t make a difference “its just milisenconds bro”."

No, I implied that the extent to which you think it's going to make a difference was exaggerated. It will make a difference, that doesn't mean it's going to be a huge one.

• DY86DY86 Member Posts: 428

I agree mmr is a joke, however it was u who brought it up lol. BT is not a problem, for anyone who knows how to play that is, u will never see a good player complain about it, not in tournaments nor content creators, or streamers.

only players who dont know how to deal with it properly, complain about it. Cause even in coordinated swfs they will bodyblock endurance in effect or not. So.

its not an exaggeration, I literally explained why. This new change means even unhooks in front of the killer is unsafe. Like ???

• rebel581rebel581 Member Posts: 174

Just hit them or tunnel them. They're also reducing the basic attack cooldown. Once they get hit the first time, they have to spend time mending which is doing nothing and they can't use things like Dead Hard or any other endurance effect like a styptic.

I don't really understand the fascination with trying to remove body blocking. There's not a whole lot survivors can do to engage in teamwork. Teamwork is fun to play against and makes the game longer because they aren't doing generators during that time. If the survivors are playing well with teamwork and beating you then shouldn't that be... encouraged?

"I agree mmr is a joke, however it was u who brought it up lol."

Grade has nothing to do with mmr.

"BT is not a problem, for anyone who knows how to play that is, u will never see a good player complain about it, not in tournaments nor content creators, or streamers."

Sorry mate, you're just wrong. They literally do.

"only players who dont know how to deal with it properly, complain about it."

Wrong again.

"its not an exaggeration, I literally explained why. This new change means even unhooks in front of the killer is unsafe. Like ???"

If you've used STBFL to prevent chain unhooks you would know that 2 stacks isn't enough for that.

• TryharderTryharder Member Posts: 170
    edited June 23

If they gonna have alll these bodyblocking perks, they should make pyramid head perk forced penance basekit. Probably won’t help but it will atleast make bodyblocking have a downside

“Ur just wrong”

bro show me these people in tournaments complaining about it, show me demi, otz, souza complaining about bt. Lmao

sometimes its just hard to admit that we are bad and need improvement, but if bt is a problem for u, maybe its time u ponder on that.

2 stacks is enough with the changes tho 🤨

edited June 23

"2 stacks is enough with the changes tho"

While also using a perk slot for STBFL, that's not an issue and not really different from what we currently have when people run the perk. Also basically only ran on m1 killers who are already weak in the meta to begin with.

I would comment on the specific people you mention as there are flaws in it but that can be construed as naming and shaming which is against ToS here. As a general rule it's better to avoid ever mentioning people specifically by name.

I probably have more hours in the game than you and all your friends combined..and then doubled a couple times. I don't like roasting on hours played but I can tell by the things you think that you are newer to the game and that's fine, but you have very aggressive opinions that will change after you get more hours into the game. You should be more open minded on things and less confrontational.

I was referring to the weaker killers actually. If only the meta matters than I assure u Nurse wouldn’t have any of the problems ur worried about. Nor blight for that matter

what is the problem then? U were the one who said there are people who agree with u yet provided nothing to back up ur claim. So

u might have 10k hours more than me, sure idk u, so u might as well. But wether its 1k or 10k hours, if played poorly are still 10k worthless hours. I am open minded when it comes to decent arguments. Urs are not so Im sorry

• RudjohnsRudjohns Member Posts: 138

"Lets kill the current meta by creating a new meta" lol

• UnknownKillerUnknownKiller Member Posts: 2,008

Well we suppose we have to combat tunneling not encourage it.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,578

If I know someone is going to block for someone at every opportunity, they're gonezo.

• Evil_DwightEvil_Dwight Member Posts: 27

Absolutely. If endurance survivors can bodyblock, then these changes mean nothing. Killers will camp MORE with these changes, not less, I know I will.

Survivors with enduring have to be intangible so that they can't stand in doorways etc. Otherwise, I will 100% be waiting out the 5 seconds and tunnelling out the person.

This will also prevent survivors from being trapped after unhooked, allowing them to actually escape instead of bring on the cheese. If endurance made you intangible, then cancer would be cured.

• TeabaggingGhostfaceTeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 2,260

Getting healed by someone else as to not deactivate otr, so going from healthy (1), to injured, otr (2), dead hard (3), mettle of man (4), dying (5)

hahahah bro u cant proc any of those while in the deep would state. Except MoM, which requires 3 protection hits beforehand.

Also, correct me if Im wrong but if u are afflicted by deep wound u automatically go to the injured state. Have u ever seen a surv use speptic agent and then get healed to tank 3 hits with endurance?

No, but thats because styptic lasts like 10s, off the record lasts 80, almost a minute and a half

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 7,895

Meanwhile you haven’t touched a gen in all that time.

• AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 2,581

No, leave it alone. Survivors have already been nerfed enough.

So? The surv is gonna follow the killer around for 80 secs? Just to bodyblock once? How is that time efficient?

80 secs is 94% progress on a gen. So if the otr surv wanna follow me around for 80 secs who am I to forbid it?

We don't know if new dead hard's endurance will be like mettle of man's

We do tho. MoM does not grant endurance, it ignores a hit that would otherwise put u in the dying state. Thats why u dont have to mend afterwards.

new dead hard grants endurance status effect for 1 sec. It says so in the description. Meaning u will have to mend after dead harding

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,895

in defense of the survivor, they're not doing generators if they're bodyblocking and by hitting them, they're basically exposing themselves to get tunneled. Also the killer can run stbfl and farm stacks because the survivor is decided to bodyblock, so the killer can also equip a perk to punish this behaviour.

this is one of those changes that we need PTB to see how it plays out.

I guess I'm viewing this more from a swf perspective as that's most my games. So while yes that's one more off the gens, the objective times between the sides is already so ridiculously lopsided that they can afford to do it. Also if you're using stbfl you're probably on an m1 killer and if that's the case getting stbfl stacks isn't really gonna matter much anyway because you're probably getting destroyed since you're an m1 killer in the first place. (speaking in general, not you specifically)

I agree a lot of this needs to be seen in PTB first.

• CanasCanas Member Posts: 798

That perk is worthless during endgame while survivors are running off to the exit gate. It can't do a single thing against bodyblocking besides giving them a free burst of adrenaline after being hit.

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,450

I'm willing to wait and see what happens once the changes are active, but, yes I am also concerned about the endurance effects being used in a trolly way. It's also kind of funny that they nerfed DS, but then gave a bunch of perks you can stack to guarantee an escape if you get unhooked in EGC.

But we'll see how it goes.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,895

sure that is the case currently, but you have to remember that generator times have been increased from 80->90. fun fact, they used to be 60 seconds in very old days of DBD, so its been long time since a change like this has occurred. what of these extra 50 seconds is difference between winning and losing just because your teammate decided to clown around in bodyblocking the killer?

personally, I think survivor are going to need to play better/more efficiently in comparison to pre-patch where you can throw yourself at killer because of how fast your objective was previously.

• GlamourousLeviathanGlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 790

The bodyblocking with endurance doesn't need to be nerfed since most of the time the effect doesn't last very long. On the last instance you can use Forced Penance if it gets really annoying. It is a good perk tbh.

But I agree that this new Off the Record will need massive changes. I feel like they mistyped or got confused when making the notes. I think that the Off the Record would be supposed to protect you from aura reading for 80 seconds instead of giving you endurance. It's not as OP and goes on the same purpose as the original perk.

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 1,673

+1 to The endurance effect should also make you lose collision.

• BardonBardon Member Posts: 676

OTR is going to be absolutely horrific in the endgame.