Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Survivor Isn't Dead Nor Has It Ever Been.

I don't get why people are saying Survivor is now basically dead cause you guys have Dead Hard, DS, Iron Will, or Gen Speeds and a couple others nerfed. Survivor isn't dead though as some of you claim it's been said in the past when something gets nerfed that it's "dead" when it's really not the same thing could be said about killer a perk gets changed killer dead a specific killer got nerfed they're dead even though they can still do well with them like Hillbilly for an example.

I get you guys are upset about this and think this is mainly a Killer sided update with all the small buffs to base kit adding more challenge for yourself and I know most of you don't enjoy a harder challenge but, sometimes more challenge is better and also you now have Borrowed Time base kit now with the haste affect and who knows this could be make survivor even more fun to play rather than just steam roll most of the games.

Comments

• pizzaduffyhp90pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 695

I'm the exact same way you stop using meta you actually become a little bit more skilled in some areas I used to use Dead Hard a lot but, a little bit after mmr came out I decided to stop using it and I've had more fun running without than before.

• pizzaduffyhp90pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 695

Maps are to small you say so what are the sizes of Mother's Dwelling, Eyrie of Crows, Ormond, Springwood, and Family Residence than? Might wanna look at Coal Tower or Midwich with the size differences to those big maps.

Gen Speed being nerfed so as they are now before the ptb the gens finishing in 3 to 4 mins isn't fast?

You can't permanently get rid of camping or tunneling no matter what you change it'll be there but, having a 5 second bt is gonna be nice with it's combination of a 7% haste movement speed as well.

Also when you say DS got nerfed because of killers crying than the same could be said survivors crying about Spirit to get nerfed.

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 3,710

If your problem is terror radius, there are three other perks that do that job just straight better than Spine Chill does even now, that's the thing.

Spine Chill doesn't tell you when you're in the terror radius, it tells you when the killer's looking at you. Perks that start charging when you're inside the terror radius are much more accurate towards giving you that information.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 5,669

Not just TR, it's sounds in general. TR was just one example.

And I know those other perks, just today someone told me I needed to use 2 of them just to have a weaker spine chill. Yea no thanks. I already have to have kindred and bond on my build, I dont want to have to use 2 more perks for the weaker effect of one.

You don't need two? Stake Out, Diversion, and Distortion on their own will all tell you - much more accurately - that you're in the killer's terror radius. Why would you need two perks to get that information?

But that's getting away from the point and just back towards Spine Chill as a perk you like. If the problem is really, truly just that you want to know when you're in the terror radius, Spine Chill is worse at that job, not more reliable.

The only things it's more reliable for are the effects that it has independent of being a bandaid accessibility fix.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,227

You got to admit that this is a very special case. I would recon that more then 99% of the average Spine Chill+Iron Will users are not hearing impaired, but I could be off by a percentage point or two.

• feruisferuis Member Posts: 250

Of course they ain't dead, they just love to pretend

So just because it's a special case it shouldnt be taken into account?

Did you have the same mentality when they added different coloration to auras for color blind people?

Agree to disagree. IMO it is more reliable. If stake out/diversion/distortion got nerfed right now to not work in terror radius, I dont think anyone would complain about that. Most HOH people were clearly using spine chill for a reason. It just works better in general. I'd even be fine if they reduced the distance it takes for it to activate.

I am all for inclusivity, but ultimately, I don't think that you can please everyone, and that in such a case the health of the game should be looked into first, and the smaller groups with their own needs second. I think that by todays standards we should be able to add some checkmarks in the options menu to provide all kinds of people with whatever experience they need, be it visual heartbeats, different colored auras or whatever else.

On a tangential note, BHVR never saw pressing needs to implement as much as a 0,25s limiter to flashlight clicks, even though multiple users with mild to middle epileptic backgrounds asked repeatedly for this small change. Are you of the same mentality that will tell this people to play something else or that macro clicking the killer is just too much fun?

• DraconDirncDraconDirnc Member Posts: 115

The hard of hearing argument is not the reason. IW never affected me because I am legally deaf. I play my zarina as survivor and dredge as killer. I know I have a disadvantage not being able to hear that is not my opponents fault how do they even know what is going on with me. Survivor has been the power role far longer than it should have been. The game has been evolving and will most likely continue to do so.

As someone who is legally deaf, you should try to be more inclusive and not think so much about "survivor bad killer good" dont you think? Because that's how your post kinda feels like to me.

I'm glad as a deaf person you dont care if things affect you or not, but a lot of us get affected by it and do care.

"I'm all for inclusivity but". ok. So you are for inclusivity unless it is a perk that you dont like, because a perk that bothers you is more important than HOH people being able to enjoy the game.

• ACleverName4MeACleverName4Me Member Posts: 332

Surviors will be fine. They've been using the same perks for years and they know it works. Now with this update everyone will be encouraged to learn new playstyles and test their skills. This is a game where survivors and killers and tired of seeing the same thing over and over this patch is going to help.

edited June 25

Discussion doesn't work this way: you can't just pick the part that suits your narrative and totally ignore what follows or else got said. Or of course, you could do that, but then: whats the point? So lets entertain your train of thought: if for whatever reason old Ruin+Undying gave my troubled mind, and the small, but nice and affable people like me, some peace and ease of mind, should it not have been altered and nerfed? Should it have stayed as it was, or should we have tried to figure out a different solution?

Post edited by Akumakaji on
  • SwampofferingSwampoffering Member Posts: 384

Second chance perks, rewarding mediocre players, has been nerfed.

Is normal that average survivors cry, they never learned how to play, just being carried by a tons of overpowered perks that used to make them feel better than they are.

Now, they must learn how to loop and they cry like babys xD poor baby survivors, without DeadHard and with 3 seconds DS, fresh meat for killers Who learned to play without any kind of second chance, getting stomped and tbagged.

As this players used to say, GIT GUD

• Moonras2Moonras2 Member Posts: 14

For me it might make survivor fun to play again.

If all the changes help cut back on the straight camping and tunneling then I'll go back to playing more survivor than I do now. I don't mind losing at all if the match is fun and maybe this patch will help that.

If it does nothing for the camping/tunneling then I'll just be doing longer gens for no reason and will just play like I do now. Try one or 2 games of survivor, get aggravated and dc, then switch back to playing killer.

As far as all the perk nerfs and such Ill be glad to see the meta changed up every now and then. I don't normally run meta perks now unless I'm just having some awful games.