Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

BHVR, please take into account Otzdarva's feedback

2»

Comments

• foxsansboxfoxsansbox Member Posts: 1,996

Oh man. Every social is killer sided and all killer mains, by default, more tenacious?

That's some copium.

• DaddyMyers_MoriDaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 374

Someone has hero complex here.

Yeah, we all know how you are last survivor standing defending everyone.

Are you really complaining that killers play more, which is not really true anyway, when lot of them went on break.

Well, we will see when those matchmaking rewards for each role get live, that will be interesting to see.

• TheLastHookTheLastHook Member Posts: 495

"Killer players are tenacious,"

While Killer players might take that as a compliment, it falls short from the reality.

The word you were looking for is sadomasochistic.

• GloamGloam Member Posts: 605

Yes there are only killer players and survivors players and nobody ever plays both sides.

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Which social media platform has more survivors on it. Survivors, aren't invested in this game, like I said before. you don't see hardly any on social media platforms. But obviously you have, so where are the media platforms where it's predominately survivor players posting?

• AnchorTeaAnchorTea Member Posts: 856

He never said Off the Record would be broken. How would it be broken? How does 80 potential seconds of NOT doing the objective sound broken?

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,601

You're exaggerating.

I spent 600 hours maining killer, before I ever even tried survivor.

Now, about 1k hours in, with about 200 of that being survivor - it's not that bad.

Killer is definitely the more demanding role, but a lot of the frustrations arise when you bring a silly build or a killer you're learning and run into a monster squad.

Survivor is by far the most frustrating role, as a lot of how much you get to play depends entirely on how the killer wants to approach the game.

Literally all over this, and every other thread being posted. Are you not reading them? Are you only using your clicker when you see a killer post? Just look at all the complaining.

Like, we can't make you see the other survivors if you refuse to.

• SlowpeachSlowpeach Member Posts: 531
    edited June 23

Otzdarva may only be one person but he’s articulate, thinks clearly and there’s a reason he’s popular. He is not infallible and not everyone agrees with him but nobody agrees with everything one person says. He also takes into account a lot of factors like beginners and people with disabilities when discussing things. His review on every single perk in existence up to Artist/Jonah is excellent and acknowledges some are beginner perks and others are useful for people with disabilities even if he himself doesn’t find them useful.

Most notably his concerns about Dead Hard are real. Testing may prove us wrong but honestly we have suffered that perk enough. 75% of players use it at high mmr and it competes with other exhaustion perks on top of that. The other high usage perks especially on killer are a response to the meta. Dead Hard is simply absurdly strong and should have been nerfed into unrecognisable pieces or do something else entirely.

You can listen to everyone and give everyone’s feedback equal weight but you can’t please everyone. Everybody has biases, some more obvious then most. However games that have a council or group of higher rated players who use a large portion of the game to give balance feedback is proven to work. If you ask them to think about lower skilled players they will. Streamer or not it doesn’t matter.

• ShyPirateShyPirate Member Posts: 247

I like watching Otz but I haven't had the opportunity to watch his reaction to the latset developer update.

However I feel at least the first two bullet point presented here are unfair. In the anniversary stream they very openly said that they intended to change the most used perks while updating some others to compensate. Never did they say they would change every single perk that could use changing, nor would this even be possible in a single update.

• DeathstrokeDeathstroke Member Posts: 1,424

I play both sides and sometimes playing killer feels like just bullying the survivors. Nut there is real bullying in either side for example bully squad with head on and flaslight and killers who slug and bleed everyone out and killer who pretend to give hatch or gate for survivor but then betrade.

• HannaciaHannacia Member Posts: 743

I feel its bullying a killer when they barely get 1-2 hooks in the game with the looping and gen speeds we have these days. + bodyblocking etc etc.

I do my best to never BM a killer as a survivor but i feel awful after those games. I tend to try to give a hook or 2 for blooodpoints though

• konchokkonchok Member Posts: 1,681
    edited June 23

I'll give you what I think the new survivor bully squad build is.

Off the record, Decisive Strike, Mettle of Man, Dead Hard

So imagine this scenerio if you will.

I am Dwight, you chase me and I go down. I am unhooked and my team mate who is injured after getting off the hook. You the killer have come back to the hook and are looking to down the injured survivor. But I body block (first body block) even though it's been 15 seconds I still have the endurace effect due to off the record, You then change targets to me and when you think that you've downed me, you eat a DS because after all you're a filthy tunneling killer. The chase continues and right as you start your swing animation I react and protect myself with Dead Hard, and run away, resetting the chase. You continue the chase but everytime you are about to down me another survivor takes a body block hit. But eventually, I'm downed again. I am saved from the hook and this time as you swing to hit the unhooker, I am able to get in front of them and you hit me again! (How could you do this to me) But it's ok because now I've got 2 stacks of MoM. Me and my team mate both leave towards the exit. As I reach the doorway, both me and the other survivor wait at the door. You hit me again, but I dead hard and get my 3rd stack of Mettle of Man. This is enough time wasted that all generators are completed. But alas, I am injured now, in deep wounds and you the killer are close enough that you feel that I must be within reach to at least get one kill this match. But alas, As you hit me a final time, MoM activates my teammate opens the door and I am out.

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 23

Its not even possible for a game like this where majority of players play survivor, that all social media is killer sided, that is totally not true.

Twitter alone is one big survivor fest, sure they may wanna date some of the killers, but overall, not even close to killer sided socials LOL

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 1,715

My first few DBD games were as surv, but the next 600~ hours were killer, and then my last 1300~ hours have been about 2/3 surv, so I've settled in at about 50/50 overall, and I feel like I have a pretty balanced perspective.

I agree that killer is by far the more demanding (and stressful) role, you have to be "always on", with zero downtime (unless you are a facecamper), and no teammates to take up any slack. It's all you, all the time.

Survivor is more frustrating insofar as you are not in full control of your fate, and there are certain situations where you are helpless (being facecamped by a Bubba, for example) but overall it's definitely a less stressful experience than killer.

The dudes been on copium for a very long time. I usually don't even quote him unless I see a REALLY out-of-touch take like this one.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,601

I think both roles have their stresses. On one hand, if I fail as killer, it's embarrassing - but at the end of the day, I just lost the game for myself.

If I fail as survivor, I can lose the game for 3 other people.

I'd say killer is by far the more stimulating role, as you're always active, while survivor is long stretches of boredom and then short stretches of panic.

• HerpinHerpin Member Posts: 8

Off the record isn't OP at all. Imagine a survivor running into the killer for 2 minutes straight doing absolutely nothing except for running. It's just a glorified (old) Borrowed time that acts more of 50/50 if the killer will even swing and second, if the survivor will make any use of that time not spent repairing or healing others.

• 0Waste00Waste0 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 24

This is a straight-up lie. When it comes to Facebook alone all 4 of the DBD groups that i am or used to be in have a very heavy (and, unfortunately, very loud and rude) survivor presence. And that's n2m that if you ever dare to speak positively about any changes that may make survivors weaker, you get people leaping down your throat. That happens on Twitter and public Discords too. We all see it.

Would like to hear an example of an enviroment youre speaking of. I'll even take a personal anecdote. Statements like yours get said all the time by apparent survivor mains and they need to be checked more often.

Edit: oh, they're banned.....welp.

• NightWolfsFuryNightWolfsFury Member Posts: 196

I would like to touch on one point that is completely incorrect. Hook trading is not easier. With this update, it's potentially impossible. The unhook action takes 3 seconds to perform, same as a standard M1.

The only reason a survivor can get the unhook currently is because the action bar can be filled and completed at the same time the killer can attack again, meaning the rest of the unhook animation is performed, even though they're in dying state.

Now that an M1 takes LESS time than an unhook, which used to take the SAME amount of time, it makes him trading next to impossible unless the killer messes up or gets outplayed somehow.

So no, it doesn't make hook trading easier. It's next to impossible. The opposite. But we will just have to see how it actually performs in-game if it prioritizes the unhook animation over an M1, which I don't think it will. I think it'll be impossible to trade against a camper.

• emodeshortemodeshort Member Posts: 174

Dbd twitter, tiktok and facebook groups has a heavy survivor presence

• emodeshortemodeshort Member Posts: 174

Remember sadako rising midchapter when they nerfed some of twin's addons even tho everyone everywhere saying this was ultra unnecesary? It honestly seems like BHRV do what they want sometimes and take nothing into account

• Nos37Nos37 Member Posts: 2,792
  • GreenDemoGreenDemo Member Posts: 256

I guess the part where you have endurance and 7 % haste for 80 seconds ? But like.... you won't do the objective, just can take A HIT for your teammate somewhat for free.

Which is yeah, annoying and in some scenarios strong, but I wouldn't call it op.

(And yes, I know you didn't ask me, but the guy that posted he comment)

• Dragon_Slayer_359Dragon_Slayer_359 Member Posts: 6

I seriously disagree about the Off the Record buff. If a survivor uses Off the Record, they will either get tunneled after taking a protection hit or do nothing for 80 seconds so they can keep their endurance from Off the Record. Even if the killer decides not to tunnel them, the protection hit doesn't mean much since the basic attack cooldown is being buffed and if the killer DOES decide to tunnel them, it'll be easy considering the speed boost for taking a hit is getting nerfed.

• BlightedDolphinBlightedDolphin Member Posts: 221

According to the wiki, the unhook action only takes 1 second. So it’s still possible to hook trade.

• MrCalac123MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    edited June 25

Please stop worshipping random Youtubers and taking their opinions as gospel.