Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The Dregededgedge Freaks Me Out

TheDarkTyrantTheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 1,966

Does the Dredge actually freak anyone else out? This happens to me with all stealth killer but Dredge does this times 2 for me. I just get so nervous when I can't tell when a killer is coming. Like when I'm vs Ghost Face my heart is pumping since I know he could pop up at any second. And now Dredge is even more crazy with Nightfall. This isn't a complaint by the way. It's great. I like having scarier killers in the game. Dredge reminds me of the awesome game White Noise 2.

Comments

• Zen_but_not_ZenZen_but_not_Zen Member Posts: 142

Yeah Dredge is creepy as hell, always panic when I hear the locker slam. Like he's everywhere ha

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,579

Dredge is really creepy. Just wish they were actually good.

• ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 1,059

I love all the non-human killers and look forward to being the Alien one day.

• WampiritaWampirita Member Posts: 549

That's the point, it is supposed to be horror game anyway, but when was the last time you got actually jumpscared? Unless it was a mirror Myers, chances you got scared are slim.

Dredge is a nice refresher <3

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,832

No killer freaks me out in this game. That said I love going against Dredge and nightfall. I want a map that is always that dark 😀

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 19,883

The only thing that freaks me out is the amount of pain I always forget it causes. Like I remember it's bad but then I face one without the painkillers next to me and it's scary how bad that actually gets.

• BadZillaBadZilla Member Posts: 459

I don't know why everyone is scared of DBD it's not scary at all.. It's horror themed but doesn't fell that way it's more like a tag & hide and seek simulator, the engine and the graphics and the gameplay isn't scary and knowing that the killer is just another play makes it less scary too.

• Zen_but_not_ZenZen_but_not_Zen Member Posts: 142

As a survivor you'd have to keep looking up at the ceiling indoors just in case haha

• doitagain_doitagain_ Member Posts: 722

Meh I don’t find him scary at all. And don’t even get me started on those terrible voiceover screams during nightfall… sounds so silly.

• TheDarkTyrantTheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 1,966

I didn't say the game was scary. I don't know what you mean by everyone either. Not everyone does. I mean the majority don't. The stealth killers do make me very nervous though is what I was saying. It feels different when they could just pop out of nowhere.

The trick is don't focus fully on doing the gen and keep your camera moving around scouting for stealth killers and that reduces the jump scares.

• Grandpa_Crack_PipeGrandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 2,666

Nightfall is awesome. Having to listen for his low droning through the voices is tense, and I love how they cry out and stop briefly when the Dredge does actions.

He's doing something. I don't know what, but something's happening out there, and if I don't listen carefully it could be happening here. It's great.

• TheDarkTyrantTheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 1,966

That's what I'm always doing. That's what gets me nervous. I have to pay more attention and sometimes it still doesn't help as they can come from behind something if they are smart.

• versacefengversacefeng Member Posts: 347

Doesn't freak me out.

Darkened screen annoys me to hell though.

• AnneBonnyAnneBonny Member Posts: 1,762

definitely more than other killers, would love to see more mechanics like nightfall. game would be a lot more enjoyable if it were actually scary lol

• TriplehooTriplehoo Member Posts: 365

Yeah. Dregde is prolly the scariest Killer in the game. And I like it.

That's how I play Ghost Face effectively too if you're patient you can take the long road to come up from an angle they're not excepting it's always satisfying to get gen grabs 😂.

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 4,982

I'm going to be 100% honest. If you need drugs just to not feel inordinate amounts of physical pain while playing a video game, I'd recommend not playing it.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 19,883

And yet this is a problem exclusive to 1 out of 28 different killers released about 5 years after I first started playing. I'd much rather BHVR just actually do something about accessibility instead of ruining it further at every step.