Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Should Trapper get special traps?

ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

RNG Map Traps in Buildings.
Devs could create everything.
The Community could create everything in a contest.

Example:

Trapdoor, Fire Thrower , Spikes, Wooden Horse(not what you think, pervert)
I mean a big wooden horse (it comes out a wall) that wants to kick in a survivor's face with his hoof.

Edit:
I read all this comments.
And now i think it would be good, if the Trapper could combine traps.
Example:
Trip wire is the trigger and a trapdoor is the trap.

Post edited by ShyN3ko on

Comments

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,035

By all means, trapper definitely needs something to strengthen him up. But it could be difficult coming up with unique ideas that are easily implemented.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,733

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 6,853

That would actually be pretty cool - they could also be combined with the Trapper's cosmetics maybe.
    I'd really like some sort of spikey one for him.

• ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

@MandyTalk said:
    That would actually be pretty cool - they could also be combined with the Trapper's cosmetics maybe.
    I'd really like some sort of spikey one for him.

Ohh entity.
    A Wooden Horse with the Halloween Event Trapper Skin.
    I like your idea.

• VeryOriginalVeryOriginal Member Posts: 8
    CrowFoxy said:

By all means, trapper definitely needs something to strengthen him up. But it could be difficult coming up with unique ideas that are easily implemented.

The trapper is like any other killer, strong if you know how to use him and absurdly op on the game

@VeryOriginal said:
    CrowFoxy said:

The trapper is like any other killer, strong if you know how to use him and absurdly op on the game

The trapper is like any other killer, survivors with a high skill lvl can win every time.

• XxAtomicAlfiexXXxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

YES!!!!! make Trapper GOD! buff Trapper!!!!!!

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

Your profil pic say anything.

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

Trapper is god. i worship him.

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

I like the trapper design.
    But his traps are boring.
    Because you can see them.

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

TRAPPER BUFFS!!!!!!!!! He looks AWESOME. If his basement is in killers shack AWESOME. If everyone steps in your traps AWESOME. we shouldn't be sacrificing survivors to the entity. We should be sacrificing them to the Lord and Savior TRAPPER!!!!!!!!

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

TRAPPER BUFFS!!!!!!!!! He looks AWESOME. If his basement is in killers shack AWESOME. If everyone steps in your traps AWESOME. we shouldn't be sacrificing survivors to the entity. We should be sacrificing them to the Lord and Savior TRAPPER!!!!!!!!

I get it XD
    You are trapper main.

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

I get it XD
    You are trapper main.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRAPPER IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

[BAD WORD] NURSE!!!!!!

I WANT MORE TRAPPER BUFFS (not like he needs them) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 651

@ShyN3ko said:

Example:

I mean a big wooden horse (it comes out a wall) that wants to kick in a survivor's face with his hoof.

Trapper being complex enough to have trap doors and flame thrower traps and spikes coming out of walls or floors or whatever. Being able to cast those on his own would kill too much time. He'd get 5 genned even faster than he already does. Even if the traps were randomly generated and he could walk about and activate them he'd still get rushed. But! Lets say these RNG traps were already active we'd run into the possible issue of where it feels unfair to survivors to jump into a match and not even 5 seconds in CLAP! They run into a spike door or something.

If they give any bonuses to trapper like that, it would be nice to see it implemented into a new mode or something. 2 v 8 anyone?

@PigMainBigBrain said:

@ShyN3ko said:

Example:

Trapper being complex enough to have trap doors and flame thrower traps and spikes coming out of walls or floors or whatever. Being able to cast those on his own would kill too much time. He'd get 5 genned even faster than he already does. Even if the traps were randomly generated and he could walk about and activate them he'd still get rushed. But! Lets say these RNG traps were already active we'd run into the possible issue of where it feels unfair to survivors to jump into a match and not even 5 seconds in CLAP! They run into a spike door or something.

If they give any bonuses to trapper like that, it would be nice to see it implemented into a new mode or something. 2 v 8 anyone?

I would like a new gamemode.
    In a 2 v 8 gamemode, 1 killer could activate/place traps and the other hunt survivors.

• CronaWinsCronaWins Member Posts: 608

His ultra rare auto-set traps should be built in. I think this is really the only addon that makes him viable to play.

It's not fun picking up a trap and setting it exactly where you picked it up and getting disarmed again because someone seen you.

Not to mention, they STILL haven't fixed the darken trap addons yet so they are as clear as day to see.

Different traps does sound fun though.

@CronaWins said:
    His ultra rare auto-set traps should be built in. I think this is really the only addon that makes him viable to play.

It's not fun picking up a trap and setting it exactly where you picked it up and getting disarmed again because someone seen you.

Not to mention, they STILL haven't fixed the darken trap addons yet so they are as clear as day to see.

Do you know Junkrat from Overwatch?
    This traps would be nice.

• The_TrapperThe_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    I concur.

@The_Trapper said:
    I concur.

This names XD
    Trapper main spotted.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,486
    Even some minor secondary traps would be nice. Trip wires for windows and door ways that can restock at the locker, even if they are just audio alerts would be useful while rounding up the actual damage dealers.
  • PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,875

@CronaWins said:

I'd like to mention, he should have his traps restoring every 1 minutes at random. This can be reduced by the Pigs perk that makes hooks respawn quicker and that perk will make it 30 seconds. The stone addon would be reworked.

• nancyt1428nancyt1428 Member Posts: 53

I just strongly dislike the fact that the Trapper can step in his own traps. Like what other killer out there can screw themselves over like that? He is proficient in trapping. That's his gig. Make him immune to his own traps. That's all I'm saying.

• CrackgearCrackgear Member Posts: 222
    ShyN3ko said:

Example:

Yes Wooden horse ,  survivors who get caught will get bloody Anime problems 

@Crackgear said:
    ShyN3ko said:

Example:

(Spoiler)

Yes Wooden horse ,  survivors who get caught will get bloody Anime problems 

Poor Dwight.........

@nancyt1428 said:
    I just strongly dislike the fact that the Trapper can step in his own traps. Like what other killer out there can screw themselves over like that? He is proficient in trapping. That's his gig. Make him immune to his own traps. That's all I'm saying.

It make sense, that he can step into his own traps.
    But the hitbox size differents is rly stupid.
    Survivor can "dodge" beartraps, but the trapper not.
    For the gameplay it would be good, if only survivor can get traped.
    And the trap hitbox is like a pallet hitbox.

• Captain_SpauldingCaptain_Spaulding Member Posts: 554

I've always wanted Trapper Daddy to have a beartrap on a rope. Just chuck that bitch and reel in a survivor. I've always thought could be unique and cool as all heck.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,941
    Wooden horse? You do know, while originally a torture tool, its now commonly used for... other stuff. Well implementing this would probably boost sales on strongman trapper lol.

I think building specific stuff would help any killer, and then be totalky ignored by survivor like those instantkill-spots in LY:N .

Rather give trapper more stuff to play with, like tripwires or spikepits.

@Raptorrotas said:
    Wooden horse? You do know, while originally a torture tool, its now commonly used for... other stuff. Well implementing this would probably boost sales on strongman trapper lol.

I think building specific stuff would help any killer, and then be totalky ignored by survivor like those instantkill-spots in LY:N .

Rather give trapper more stuff to play with, like tripwires or spikepits.

Or the big circus horse that wants to kick in a survivor's face with his hoof XD

Yeah i would like some more trap spots, like LY:N.
    Not instantkill.
    But just a trap spot.
    its rly weird that he is called The Trapper, but he has only 1 sort of traps.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,941
    @ShyN3ko
    I'd razher have trapper have a weapon wherl or secondary abiluty fir more traps than a predetermined location that would get aboided by survs.

@Raptorrotas said:
    @ShyN3ko
    I'd razher have trapper have a weapon wherl or secondary abiluty fir more traps than a predetermined location that would get aboided by survs.

A secondary ability would be nice.
    And more traps.
    Im rly get bored by beartraps.