Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Sadako

CamonnaCamonna Member Posts: 10

do they plan buffing her ?

Comments

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,217

Nothing announced yet.

MAYBE this Midchapter. But as I said, nothing announced.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 19,903

From Peanits, "We planned to give her a look sooner but the perk changes took priority. We'll still conduct our full usual review soon."

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,092

It's a little funny how really new killer like sadako is on the "we have to look at it" list.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,237

One of the devs commented here that with the upcomming big perk rework they hadn't time to work on any killers, which is understandably. So Sadako will most likely be tackled next mid-chapter, which is quite the long wait and saddens me, because I would totally want her to be more viable, but it is what it is, and I can see why.

• Nos37Nos37 Member Posts: 2,713

They don't have thousands of play testers putting in millions of hours. They cannot know exactly how killers will perform live.

Better to release a weak paid DLC than to hear the uproar of "pay to win!" Then just give her buffs later where she needs them, after the community has more thoroughly playtested her

Every new killer is put on the "We have to look at it in about 3 to 6 months" list. Pyramid Head, Blight, Twins, Trickster, Nemesis, and Pinhead were all changed (with differening levels of impact on that killer) within half a year of their release. Artist was the first to break the precedent set since Year 4, and now Sadako is back to following it.

• CanasCanas Member Posts: 798

It's quite sad how badly neglected this killer is, and yet BHVR still pretends like they don't have enough data about her performance. We ALL know that she's extremely weak, no more excuses. Just hotfix her already.

From Peanits, it's not that they don't have enough data- she would've been changed in the upcoming Mid-chapter- but that the perk update was deemed as more important for overall game health by the team.

And I think we both know that she needs a bit more than a simple numbers change.

• Sheridan_LTSheridan_LT Member Posts: 341

*Changes perks*

Hold on guys, one thing at a time. We can't multitask these code changes, come on.

• AcelynnBenAcelynnBen Member Posts: 456

they still need to make sure how effective at M1 then they will add a 5.5 milsecond cooldown on the tv

its honestly so annoying that they just ignore how weak she is

BHVR move at a glacial pace. I'm genuinely shocked we got all 39 perk changes at the same time, if I'm being completely honest- I was absolutely expecting it to be delayed or to be gradually rolled out.

True and true, but I also think that Peanits is 100% right and that this perk change was the more important thing. Still, I just wish Sadako the best for the future and hope that she will one day realize her dream and become a competent killer in The Entities realm.

BTW, I got her P3ed, and her P3 hair is about the most brazen and imputend of them all. In very bright spots of the map, if the light just hits her right, you MIGHT notice a light, red tinge to her matted hair, if you aren't too distracted by chasing you down. During the event I finally P3-ed Bubba, and boi oh boi is that a glorious P3 outfit! Thats how you do it! (Oni and Dredge are both pretty sad examples, too. They are already rather redish in color and you have to squint to notice the difference((Onis masks is a study in futility though))).

• Marik1987Marik1987 Member Posts: 481

I really enjoy playing Sadako to be honest. I know she is probably bottom 5 of all killers, but she has potencial. For example the Old Newspaper, which gives me 33% more flickering after manifestation for mindgames at pallets. But there is no other addons than helps in chase as good as this brown one.

Secondly the TV-Placements are horrible. But thats the issue with all things like Jigsaw-Boxes, Wakeup-Clocks etc. - the placement is most likely at the back of a gen behind the wall, so her sprintboost out of the TV doesnt really matter, cause u lose it by doing the 180.

Small, but important things.

Condemn is the third thing. At the moment no one really cares about tvs to counter this, because Condemn is no danger.

• CameragoshaCameragosha Member Posts: 547

They should made her can throught pallet and walls.

She need anti-loop.

Assign each TV to a gen. Unlock the repair action only if the video tape is removed, lifting "Sadako's Curse". BAAM.

• PaintedDeathPaintedDeath Member Posts: 261

I like Sadako just fine and don't feel she needs anything.

• ZeidoktorZeidoktor Member Posts: 1,286
    edited June 27

I think they let the new killers go as-is for a chapter or two before making adjustments. At least a few months if I recall past instances correctly.

I think they need to lean into her Condemned more. It's basically a non-issue at the moment unless survivors are careless, deliberately goading it, or the killer builds into it. It would also differentiate her from the Dredge which might help with those "Dredge is a better Sadako" claims.

• DoomedGuyDoomedGuy Member Posts: 41

I really feel like BHVR got Sadako wrong. She’s a jump scare killer, sneaking up on you to deliver instant death. Instead she plays closer to Legion, zipping around the map smacking people with her hand.

If I had to rework her, I would make her slower, and more powerful. Instead of seven days, do something like 7 minutes of match time before youre cursed and the real nasty stuff starts happening. Dump the tv teleportation stuff and refine her invisibility feature.

• TheSubstituteTheSubstitute Member Posts: 908
    edited June 27

I hope the buffs come soon. The only downside is that if she's buffed properly I won't be able to change my username to 'TheBetterOnryo' when I play Dredge. Oh well, life is full of tradeoffs.