Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

A quick lesson on how to play Pyramid Head properly

13»

Comments

• NemmyMan3000NemmyMan3000 Member Posts: 152

Just saying, the clips of Pyramid are pretty old and his power isnt that good as it used to be, but other than that good guide

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 19,903

If they don't loop you and just w key then good luck trying to torment them lol. Only real consistent way is the "place it at the loop and then don't kill them too quickly" but you can always hope someone steps in it randomly.

Another fun thing you can do is to place torment outside of a locker if you suspect someone to be in there; if they are, they either come out and get tormented or they're useless to their team for a while

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 5,323

@GoodBoyKaru

Which build are you currently running on ph?

Currently still the same as in this post, but when I get some free time I'm gonna actually do some more experimenting with newer perks again. Not got the most amount of time to myself rn sadly lol

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 5,323

I am asking mainly because of the pop. Wanted to see if you switched it for some of the more recent gen regression perks.

Nah for the moment I still vibe with the Corrupt/Pop core because it's proven itself to me and 4 perk slots is really limiting lol. First perk to go is probably BBQ for Call Of Brine or Deadlock but that needs me to give up bloodpoints

• DoritoHeadDoritoHead Member Posts: 3,290

Thank you, very cool!

I've been enjoying PH a ton recently so I found this at the perfect time. I haven't played him in so long despite him inspiring my name

• DBD_PinheadDBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 762

Guides like these are gold. Kudos. I'm currently terrorizing survs with:

Deathbound/Hex: Ruin/Plaything/Pentimento

• drsoontmdrsoontm Member Posts: 2,450

A+, well done.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,237
    edited June 26

I recently started playing Pyramid Head in earnest again and he is just so much fun, once you learn how his power works.

The build I am using right now isn't very synergystic, but its improving his overall performance.

BBQ, Scourge: Pain Res, Agitation, Darkness Revealed.

Basically I roam around, occasional check lockers and once I down someone I can pretty much every time hook them on a scourge hook. BBQ could possibly be phased out against something more useful once it doesn't provide bonus BP anymore, but until that time I am just too addicted.

For a couple of games I switched it for Shatter Hope just for the lulz, and when you stomp a boon into smithereens its just so satisfying, but I feel that I don't get always value out of it. Still, I hate boons enough that I might just keep it, once the big change hits us.

In my last game I had a perfect Pyramid Head moment. Had a survivor on hook, while leaving the hook I noticed scratch marks and chases the wannabe unhooker around the gym. After a round they throw a pallet and run for the unhook: I calmly plant my sword in the ground, take aim and BOOM! Double KO! :D The unhooked survivor instantly DCed, the other squirmed in the "no no no" thingy on the ground, and I actually showed mercy and just left her there, to be picked up by the others.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,237
    edited June 27

Everyone knows that Pyramidhead has issues with his add-ons. You can pretty much use whatever you want, because nothing really matters besides the range add-ons .. or does it?

I looked them over again and was rather disappointed with most. Especially the Iri-add-ons were epic-meh. And then suddenly it hit me!!!

Behold the mighty, purple Crimson Ceremony Book! With the recent changes to Hemorrhage this thing is just beastly af!

What does this thing? Well, everyone affected by Torment will now suffer Hemorrhage semi-permanent, bleeding away their incompleted healing progress at an alarming rate until you cage them. This is just such a nice debuff, that I am all giddy.

• lemonswaylemonsway Member Posts: 973

PUnishment of the DAmned requires commitment. You need to know they are commiting to an action meaning you need to predict the commitment, meaning you need to already be using your power so that you can charge the attack. IF you do on reaction rather than prediction you'll always miss cause you're slower.

• LordofweedLordofweed Member Posts: 292
  • deKlaw_04deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,450

I used stbfl with him and it’s not the best but the animation is really cool at 8 stacks