Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do you think they will nerf OTR ?

CameragoshaCameragosha Member Posts: 547

When they look at the PTB and decide to throw some changes at Off the record. do you think they will be nerfs ?

I think they'll buff OTR again , because current devs is a survivor sided.

Comments

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 3,060

Down to 60 sec, probably.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,213

Parental Guidance was "nerfed" (I dont consider it a Nerf before it went live) from the PTB to Live. From bad to even worse.

• AyamirAyamir Member Posts: 230

they better do it's broken in it's current state rn.

Just make it a better stealth perk nobody used OTR beceause it was only 80 seconds of 100% grunts of pains reduction and you needed to get hooked so it did not help you in your first chase,iron will is not temporary and 100% at all time,did not need to get hooked to make the perk useful.

but now with the Iron will nerf to 75% and OTR staying at 100% reduction this perk might actually be a better IW,don't need to stack another endurance effect on it...

This endurance meta is looking to be very boring.

but dw OTR is getting nerfed for sure.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 5,091

Parental guidance can be great with head on or smash hit. It didn't need the reduction though.

• AdaezAdaez Member Posts: 859

Honestly I hate this perk both as survivor and killer.

I hate when survivors have that crutch perk that will make them lazy and never learn to play the game without crutching on perks.

Just remove the endurance overall,making it 60 seconds will mean nothing.

This perk is op even if it was just 15 seconds because its literally a self bt in case the survivor who unhooks you doesn't have bt.

Very bad change and I hope they remove the endurance ffect and give it something else.

This was supposed to be a stealth perk not make you godlike for 80 seconds unless the killer hits you.

• Annso_xAnnso_x Member Posts: 407
    edited June 30

I think they'll make it desactivate in end-game like DS, bc it's stupid to make one desactivate but not the other (and they're not going to revert DS nerf)

• Entitled_survivorEntitled_survivor Member Posts: 124

This perk is 10 times stronger than DS ,,,if this gets to live expect even more killers face camping every single hook with stbfl,,i wouldn't blame them with hoe stupid OTR is ,,,

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,092

about 4/6 for nerf/no nerf, they are famous for somehow manages to release plenty of literal broken perks to live server.

• RisingTronRisingTron Member Posts: 464

I finally got the perk I've been wanting for months, if not years. "Borrowed Time, but for myself instead of having to rely on other survivors not to farm me." and now y'all already want it straight up gone? 15 seconds OP? My god bruh just don't tunnel lmao.

Just lower the numbers for crying out loud. Or buff BT and give me the perk I need. I'm sick of getting farmed and the 5 second endurance is not enough.

For so long I've been saying "BT is great and all, but I really wish the endurance applied to me as well so I wouldn't get farmed." and now I finally got it. But now a 15 second endurance off hook is OP. Just shoot me dead.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,640

Yea......Maybe read the perk we're talking about...? No one is saying about borrowed time

• AdaezAdaez Member Posts: 859

Yeah,I was reffering about OTR how it makes bt useless.

• RisingTronRisingTron Member Posts: 464

Off the Record is literally the perk I'm talking about. It's BT but it applies to yourself rather than relying on another survivor to have BT. Yeah 80 seconds or whatever is too long, but I don't think the endurance should be shafted altogether. I've been wanting "BT for myself" for months. I like running BT myself, but in solo queue you can't rely on other survivors to not just farm you off hook.

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

If I were to bet, I would say its going LIVE as is, they maybe change it to 60 secs in future

• lav3lav3 Member Posts: 395

I think so. Lucky Break was also nerfed. Then buffed again, very powerful but not the type of meta perk.

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 4,233

Which will do nothing to solve the problem.

They need to add "recovering a full health state" to conspicious actions.

They also need to make it so endurance effects of DH and MoM cannot be used while in deep wound.

DH causes deepwound itself anyway so it already shouldn't be exempt.

MoM doesnt inflict deepwound because its seen as a niche perk with a high cost. This is not the case anymore, now that various endurance effects make it incredibly easy to score 3 protection hits in rapid succession.

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 3,060

I didn't say it was going to solve anything. I said what I think they're gonna do, given precedents.

And they already said they're not adding recovering a health state to conspicuous actions. Which lead me to believe I'm reading their intentions correctly.

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 4,233
    edited June 30

@MandyTalk said they're not adding "being healed" to conspicious actions, because as a survivor you have no control over if another survivors taps the heal button. But you absolutely have control over sitting there for 16 seconds while they heal you to healthy.

"But For The People..."

Doesn't matter, you've still gained an extra health state, which is the point of OtR, it's no longer needed.

This is like running Unbreakable, and then complaining that it's not fair you don't get to use Unbreakable as an extra health state when another survivor picks you up instead. You've acheived the same result either way.

Survivors now have a very easy way of getting 3-5 additional health states, that are in no way niche scenarios, but a very common occurence when survivors decide to bodyblock off the hook, which is every damn game.

They always said they didn't want to make it impossible for killers to camp, as it's a legitimate tactic. Well that's exactly what they've accomplished. Killers can no longer come within 32m of a freshly unhooked survivor for up to 80s as they wil be completely invulnerable and will not hesitate to harass the killer and take repeated bodyblock hits.

The killer now has to actively avoid 2 of the 4 survivors.

Literally running away from the scary survivors.

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 1,092

It'll go live the way it is just like Boil Over did. The devs don't even play killer at anywhere close to a level where they'd see the endurance bodyblocking as a problem

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,295

They nerfed lucky break though. And parental guidance.

When lucky break was buffed it was to strong in ptb so it was nerfed. I love how everyone loves to spew bullshit but they actually DO nerf survivor perks from ptb.

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 5,323
    edited June 30

If endurance didn't stack all of these perks wouldn't be as good as they are now. People need to focus on that instead of just nerfing single perks. Address the real issue. Multiple health states being possible.

The thing I don't understand is why they destroyed ds and made otr better in the end game. They even made stun shorter for whatever reason making ds not worth running.

But they did that with other perks as well, they just turned weak into strong and vice versa.

I also don't understand why calm spirit has the debuff or why I have to play ace if I decide to run iw now.

But game was always like this in a way, we should just embrace it and adapt lol. I will use strong stuff on both sides if I feel like it idc. If endurance stays as it is I'm stacking it. If not I will still use otr because it is a good perk to run unless they make it weak. Whatever.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 7,892
  • ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,026

It'll probably get nerfed before release

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,589

They should, but I doubt it. It would be too long at 20 seconds. There are a lot of genuinely frustrating perks on both sides in this PTB. You're making gens 90 seconds. We don't need Call Of Brine+Overcharge with these numbers. You're adding base BT. We don't need stacking endurance with an 80 second window.

• feechimafeechima Member Posts: 755

I think they will add the full healing deactivation by teammates.

• VonCrowVonCrow Member Posts: 375

My guess is that they will lower the seconds to 60 and that's it. After a few months of having that they will nerf it on a next update.

My wish thought is that its also deactivated on endgame or after being fully healed.

• CameragoshaCameragosha Member Posts: 547
    edited June 30