Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What's the reason to destroy DS like that

GratxlaGratxla Member Posts: 82

DS was perfectly fine in my book, the endgame nerf I can understand, and yet devs had to do something to compensate for it, but why tf did they nerf the stun duration?

DS is basically another dead perk to the list, cause 1.93s (I think that's the time you're able to move) isn't enough to make it anywhere.

Comments

• Ghouled_MojoGhouled_Mojo Member Posts: 1,844

They want everyone to use new stuff. That means kill the top used perks.

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeakHexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276

Against nurse, blight, huntress? Yea not enough time.

Against literally any other killer? You can make it to a loop easily. ESPECIALLY since most people go down inside of a loop already, since they were trying to loop the killer beforehand. But even outside of a loop, with how bad the map designs are and the over abundance of loops? You can by far make it to a pallet before the killer reaches you.

• versacefengversacefeng Member Posts: 345

Yeah all that stuff is good.

But the survivor is in an animation while the stun takes place. So the 3 seconds of stun time the devs claim you have is more so 2.5 seconds. And since half of the killer roster has some sort of ranged or mobility based power, you'd probably go right back down. Regardless of whether your at a loop or not.

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeakHexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276

Just not true.

Like I said the only killers who can easily catch up are nurse and blight off mobility alone, and huntress because she has probably the easiest to hit ranged ability.

All the other ranged abilities are quite easy to dodge (or just avoid by hiding behind nearby map environment) and all the other killers are pretty much at the mercy of whatever loop you get to in that time. Which yes you can easily get to a loop, because maps are designed terrible and there is literally an over abundance of loops everywhere on every map.

• versacefengversacefeng Member Posts: 345

And just like you said, maps are designed terribly. Which means that even against ranged and mobility killers that aren't as efficient with catching up to survivors compared to huntress, nurse, and blight, they'll still have an easy time downing the survivor that used DS on them since maps can also have an extreme lack of loops and pallets to use which happens just as often as maps having an overabundance of loops and pallets.

But overall, it really just depends on what map you get and what tiles spawn within them; though for regular M1 killers, not so much.