Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
FORUM MAINTENANCE

On Wednesday 7th December 2022, from 1.30pm the forum will be down for maintenance, this can take up to 3 hours to complete. We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause.

When are we going to start buffing the killers themselves?

Love perks and basekit buffs. But seriously.

They won't help if the killers themselves are garbage.

Sadako? Depressing.

Legion? Unfun to play as AND against. Hell, I HOPE I go against a legion because the fact it's a free win outweighs the fact I'll be mending most of the game.

Trapper? ...

Myers?

Ghostface? His reveal mechanic is either a bug or horribly designed when I can reveal him through walls.

We need to buff the actual killers and their powers please. No amount of basekit changes is about to make Sadako feel like a strong killer to play as which sucks because she is probably the most fun killer I've played so far.

Comments

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,397

It takes time and creativity, which is not infinite.

• GindaenGindaen Member Posts: 374

They globally buffed all killers in this patch. You can't globally buff all killers, then also give individual killers buffs on top of that. This global buff is massive, it has a bunch of pretty massive buffs and all those buffs work together. I don't think I've ever played a game where you see numbers like 12.5% and 10%, usually it's very minimal buffs.

• Sadako_Best_GirlSadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 501

I will never get tired to say it, maps are the bigger issue. Sadako would most probably perform at least twice as good as she currently does if map design was not so atrocious.

• DY86DY86 Member Posts: 458

Then just listen to the community maybe? There are some real good ideas in here.

Ghostface reveal has been talked a lot tbh. Myers as well. I cant even start with Pig. But the issue still remains it’s frustrating getting new killers while so many need reworks.

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,397
    edited July 1

probably community is too big to the point listening to them is extremely difficult.

• MoxieMoxie Member Posts: 668

They have made some substantial changes to Plague, Trapper Legion, Spirit and a couple others.

It's a surprisingly delicate process because if you overhaul a Killer's power too much, you have basically erased the Killer's "Identity".

And at that point, if you are redoing a Killer power this severely, why not just make a new Killer all together?

This really leaves the only option to make small Number tweaks to Killers, which has been done to everyone's general approval.

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeakHexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276
    edited July 1

10% of a very small number, is going to be a very small decrease. 10% looks massive, until you realize how small the number is, that 10% is being taken out of.

Most of the changes you can FEEL the speed increase but you still realize that it doesn't actually change much as the situations are all still the same. If I break a pallet mid chase, nothing happens they still reach the next loop. 10% is cool but it doesn't change how the situations in game actually go.

Bro they have all the time in the world. Do you see how long it takes for them to balance the game? It took them YEARS just to do a meta shakeup. Small number changes with killers to see if they feel better is not something that should be taking them years to do. Balance updates shouldn't be locked behind mid chapter updates, because then you get slow and infrequent updates to the game. Leaving things dead in the water for far too long.

• MilMansonMilManson Member Posts: 939

Heh I did like 200 games with Trapper in the event and eventually, it became quite fun, the cocky survivors think you're gonna be easy and they start teabagging you only to tread on the trap a few seconds later and then you stand there spinning whilst they struggle.