Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Why so many survivors don't bring items?

2»

Comments

• GreenDemoGreenDemo Member Posts: 216
    edited July 2

I personally stopped bringing items, using exhaustion perks and meta stuff (sometimes unbreakable but I just somehow always get games when using it where the killer doesn't slug), because I know how it feels to play as killer against that stuff.

Sometimes I bring a medkit with one heal or two when in swf, to make sure to be able to safely unhook in endgame. Or other stuff because of an archive.

• VaJayblesVaJaybles Member Posts: 631

I've lost everything once, I will not lose them again

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,314

:D The more you know, right? Yes, with "Build to Last" you can take one crappy brown tool box/med kit and gain 4 steps on any completion challenge in one trial. Its not even throwing the game or something. Sure, you are not playing optimally, but that tool box can add up. You could also use a big tool box and gain extreme value out of that.

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,884

I don't bring Items because I'm that forehead that runs straight to the killer's arms. So I die a lot :)

#HappyKateMain

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 7,426

Keys are bad

If I want to see totems I'll just use small game not a map

Toolboxes are meh? Hell brand new part is bugged

I'll usually bring green medkits

I'll only use flashlights for challenges or when I feel like playing like an ass

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,852

I'm a hoarder, simple as.

The only exception is the basic yellow flashlight. It's abundant and fun to use even though I don't go out of my way to force the use of it, but it's surprising how often the opportunity to go for a save comes up anyway. Otherwise I just go empty handed and grab a chest if I stumble upon one.

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,527

I don’t want to get tunneled, though I should start since tunneling is now about 50% of my matches these days.

I won’t bring toolboxes though, unless it’s for a challenge. I think we blast out gens fast enough when my teammates are semi competent.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,401

If I see 2 or more toolboxes, I aint going to give the killer a 3rd/4th to deal with. I pretty much only use items for challenges.

• DroneinthrwindDroneinthrwind Member Posts: 29

Ok, to all the horders - you just watch the numbers go up and think "nice". Never gonna use it any of this, but numbers are nice.

Everytime I do "deplete toolbox" challenge the only thought in my head is "wish this stupid challenge didn't exist so I could heal with a medkit and go for a rescue". I don't know, I don't get why people willingly nerf themselves so hard. For killers I get it, it's easy to steam roll 90% of dbd players and some sort of challenge from time to time is nice to have. But for solo q.... Not so much. You need to take everything you got to escape at least once in 10 games.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,567

I don't bring in items because of all the tunneling, camping and Franklin's.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,567

Exactly! I never bring Flan, Sacrificial cakes or bloody party streamers because of this. I hoard everything. Lol