Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

SWF groups hurt Dead by Daylight more than they help

Comments

• KerJuiceKerJuice Member Posts: 1,479

I wish we could see the numbers for solos vs. SWF’s. I really am curious to see who makes up the majority of the community or whether it’s a close race. A lot of players say the game will die if SWF’s are handicapped or removed from public matches. I feel like it won’t, because my impression is that solo’s outnumber the 3-4 SWF’s. And with everything I just said, it’s safe to assume large SWF groups believe they control the census. Wonder who is right…

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 1,092

The devs should definitely release stats showing how many 3 - 4 stack SWFs there are what their escape rates are. I'm assuming 75%+ escape rate

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,124

I believe the devs stated that, across the various MMR levels, the highest escape rate gap between solo and swiffer was 15%.

This may have increased or decreased with certain changes since.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,237

I would wish for a sysyem were you could see each others builds in the load up screen, but there was diminishing returns for multiple instances of the same build or certain perks.

Imagine if the exhaustion of Head On got increased by +10s per other survivor who got it, or DH invulnerability window reduced, etc.

SWF that just goof around aren't the problem, its the bully squads with coordinated builds and loadouts that just wanna torment and trap the killer in an unwinnable and disgusting situation.

• SquippitSquippit Member Posts: 20

I might be ok with SWF IF there was also a KILL with friends. 8 survivors (all in varying numbers of groups, like, say, 3/3/2 or 4/4 or 2/2/2/2) play against 2 killers. Solo survivors always get matched with solo killers, SWF always get matched with KWF. All 8 survivors won't be coordinated but they'll still have a leg up in coordination, 2 killers have more gens than usual to defend and get a bit extra time due to all the spread out pressure. Can the game/servers handle it? Probably not, but I don't believe there is a fairer solution.

• socalfusionssocalfusions Member Posts: 109

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but that doesn't mean that it's correct. In fact according to the limited statistics the devs have stated that SWF's versus killers at the highest levels of play are relatively balanced in terms of escape to sacrifice ratio.

Quite simply if you are always losing to SWF's you should just try getting better. The reality is that survivors that don't play in SWF's get absolutely rolled because the difference between solo queing and playing in a group is a totally different ball game.

It's unfortunate that killers have gotten so comfortable playing against solo que lobbies where they attribute that as being the average level of skill when in reality SWF's are what survivors should be playing as on any given day, it just requires much more effort to form a group and get on comms.

• PNgamerPNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    edited July 3

that SWF players have advantages is obvious. What is there not to understand? I emphasize again. No one has said that SWF should disappear. DBD has changed, so don't pretend you know 100% that SWF is a minority. I don't know about other players. My solo Q experience is definitely good. It's exciting, challenging and fun.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,507

that SWF players have advantages is obvious. What is there not to understand?

No one is arguing they didn't have an advantage over soloq players. I am even making an entire point about how we should buff soloq to be closer to SWF levels of power to then be able to properly balance the game.

don't pretend you know 100% that SWF is a minority

Once again, I never said anything along those lines. SWF is a clear majority of the games you play, that's one of the main things I've been saying - the bully squads YOU are talking about however are a clear minority of the overall amount of SWF groups out there, yet YOU are the one acting like you knew that every SWF out there was a bully squad.

I don't know about other players. My solo Q experience is definitely good. It's exciting, challenging and fun.

Good for you. Most people will still prefer playing together with some friends when they have the chance to do so.

edited July 3

Please don't twist my words. I never said anything about Bully Squads.

If anyone has said or thought the term, it's you. I in any case not

Thank you

• hatchetChuggerhatchetChugger Member Posts: 196

bedrock mmr killers when survivors play with their friends😓😓😓. the problem isnt swfs, its solo queue. add voice chat already!

• KaitsjaKaitsja Member Posts: 907

How would you make the game more difficult for SWF without punishing them for playing with their friends? Bear in mind that not all SWFs are death squads out to ruin the killer's day, most are just out to have a bit of casual fun with friends.

• KaitsjaKaitsja Member Posts: 907

This is punishing people for playing with their friends. It does more harm than it does good.

This would only cause more problems than it'd solve and do more harm than good.

• SwampofferingSwampoffering Member Posts: 384

Obviously SWF is the C Word of this Game.

DBD wasnt ready for It when they decided to release It and is not ready atm.

Every multiplayer Game that I know that gives the posibility to play with Friends as a team is balanced around that option, except DBD.

Comms are super strong, even with chilling intentions stills strong.

Bully squads are omega toxic and makes Killers feel miserable.

After this new patch, the Killers drop Will be massive if they don't do something with SWF, Mark my words.

Separate queues, I do not care if that hurts the game, survivors are not the only persons playing this Game and shouldnt be the only ones with the power to choose with Who they want to play, Killers deserve that right too.

Without Killers DBD is also Dead, and this Game is condemned after Next update if they do not fix SWF abuse.

Let US know if we are facing SWF, we deserve the right to choose our games, if they It eternal queues, is not our problem, they decide to play as team, we decide to not play against them, easy and balanced.

• zumerzumer Member Posts: 656
    edited July 5

This is because BHVR designed this game for solo queue. All design and balance is designed for this. When the swf starts playing all 4 players know who the killer is, even if the killer is stealth, all 4 players know where they broke the pallet, all 4 players know where the totem was cleared, if the survivor runs from the killer he is told where to run this list can be continued endlessly. At the same time, the BHVR does not understand that the non survivors are too strong, and the swf is too strong. Giving a penalty for playing with friends is normal practice and applies in other games.

• SunaIIanuSunaIIanu Member Posts: 597

"Unfortunately, in my 7500 hours, I have never come across a SWF group that plays normally. Either the killers get annoyed or when you beat them it gets toxic in chat."

Atleast to me that statement sounds like you think that all swfs are bully squads in one way or another.

• INoLuvINoLuv Member Posts: 318
    edited July 5

the killer should know when some players are in a swf, problem solved, they dont because swf squads to like to mock the killer are most of the playerbase, salty and entitled to 3 man escape every game while being carried by perks and braindead loops. If killers were let known the players are in a swf, they would not play against swfs, which would make swfs stop and be mad, AKA no buying, snce swfs are the majority, but they deserve it.

No, because then most of the killers would avoid the lobby.

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 2,913

Far too much of the surv playerbase are in some kind of SWF. Separating the queues would mean killers would be waiting for ages for a match, and the SWFs would never even get one at all.

No way the devs do this and badly hurt both roles like that. They've consistently resisted changes that hurt queue times over the years.

• SwampofferingSwampoffering Member Posts: 384

At that point, they should ask themselves why is this happening and work to fix It, both sides Will win.

Survivors Will play as SWF if they want and killers Will face that SWF if they want, seems fair to me.

So you say that all survs are bully squads but you think otherwise?

Or how am I supposed to interpret this vague statement?

edited July 5

To make it clear once again. I never said anything about bullysquads on this tread. For such questions you should contact @Mister_xD

Yeah, but you said there are no swfs that play normally, they either annoy or insult the killer, so you did not use the word "bully squad" but you implied it.

edited July 5

I also did not write that there is no SWF that plays normally....jeeez

This is what i wrote: Unfortunately, in my 7500 hours, I have never come across a SWF group that plays normally

and that is far from the same

But back to the topic: What could be done better? Both sides are struggling with problems.

• DoritoHeadDoritoHead Member Posts: 3,293

Do people still actually think SWF should be removed 💀

I certainly don't. I just think they should have it a little harder. Also no more

• DoritoHeadDoritoHead Member Posts: 3,293

I know you don’t but many others are implying they do