Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

map offerings should be secret or not shown to prevent toxicity against newer players/in general

kantolightkantolight Member Posts: 81

Hey, I'm a relatively new player. I've been getting an awful lot of Midwich, Autohaven and the Macmillan Estate. I was getting really bored of those maps so I decided to use a map offering for RPD as I had only seen it once and that game didn't last long.

We load in, everything is going fine until the killer downed one person, following into them downing all 4 of us and letting us bleed out, and then hooking once one of us was nearly dead.

Post game chat the killer said we were "disgusting swf players" and "rats" for taking him to RPD so it justified him acting like that, I was confused as we were all solo I'm pretty sure and I just wanted to check out the new map.

"whatever, go next" I say to myself, I use an offering to go to Haddonfield as again I hadn't seen it much and I wanted to check it out as I really like the aesthetic. Cool being in houses with a monster on the loose, yknow?

Same thing pretty much happened again, the Feng said in post game "why" killer said "for taking me to this dog** map"

Went to Haddonfield a few more times as I had the offering on 4 characters, 3/4 of the games the killer was toxic about the map offering in post game chat.

I've learned that killers hate these maps, but regardless of whether you hate them or not this shouldn't be a thing IMHO, show the offering post game but I think the map offerings should be hidden to prevent this kind of toxicity. It was a very miserable experience. I just wanted to voice my opinion on this as a relatively new player to the game, thanks for reading.

PS It would be nice if the maps that we get randomly not always Autohaven/Macmillan. I have played maybe 100 or more games and I see these two maps/their variations way too often.

Comments

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 4,451

But if they don’t, OP’s suggestion should go through. Too many babies disconnecting without their due penalty in this game. Meanwhile four other players have to sit through another queue because someone won’t play the match handed to them. I prefer to not play matchmaking simulator in my free time.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 7,841

Map offerings suck, I think the game would be better off without them. That said, I also think people who disconnect after the lobby ends and everybody is being loaded into the match should take the standard DC penalty. It's really not any different from a practical standpoint from a player disconnecting the instant the match starts, but players know they can use this technical loophole to disconnect a few seconds before it starts to avoid the penalty.

• kantolightkantolight Member Posts: 81

you shouldn't be playing this game if that is your attitude to things imho

• FuzzycubeFuzzycube Member Posts: 82

Noooo, if you see a map you don’t like (RPD basically) you can disconnect while loading without penalty currently.

• burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 2,739

Okay i hope you call every survivor ditching a trial because of the killer played like that too.

Otherwise I see a gross double standard here.

Killer not liking a map -> grow up and play for the other 4

Survivor not liking the opponent killer character -> yeah Dcing here is okay?

Either condemn both or none.

I didn’t specify one role or the other burning the offering or disconnecting. The change would obviously be for all players on both sides.

edited July 3

Then your wording is kinda misleading:

Meanwhile four other players have to sit through another queue

Because when survivor DC the rest CAN play out the rest of the trial. Of course the fun in that depends on the mindset of the remaining players.

The killer is a player and has to sit through another queue too, if it is a survivor who DC’s during the loading screen (in this case, presumably as a result of a map offering).

• kantolightkantolight Member Posts: 81

Nice mental going on here, loading into a game and thinking you insta lost.

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,018

Please tell me, what is Trapper supposed to do on a Map like Badham? Winning for sure isn't a possibility if the Survivors are good.

Same goes for a lobby of 4 SoloQ Survivors going against a Nurse with a Midwich Offering and 4 slowdowns

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,227

That's a tough lesson for a new player and I am sorry for you. That being said, map offerings are mostly used to harass the killer. For every innocent user like you, who is just bored of certain maps, there are 5-6x the number of bullies who tool their builds for the offered map and just torment the hell out of the killer.

As a killer player you learn pretty quickly that map offerings have a very high probability of sending you to the most aweful gaming experience.

It would be healthier for the game if map offerings were just removed, but that's a whole class of items. Honestly, there seems to be no good solution to this problem.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 2,768

No, I want to see if I will have normal game or a bully simulator where I can just go AFK whole game.

If I see map offering from Survivors, + more offerings that makes Hooks spawn less... That's a no no from me. Go bully someone else, thanks.

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 4,229
    edited July 3

I don't understand this hatred of map offerings.

Even if someone didn't intentionally send you all to RPD, you could have got that map anyway, it's still in the pool of potential maps.

Would you DC if you got RPD without a map offering? If no, then don't DC when there is an offering either.

For every player who thinks "x map is killer sided" there's someone who thinks the same map is survivor sided. It's highly subjective, and ultimately comes down to the skill of the players more than just the map or the killer.

For example I've player Ghostface on RPD and absolutely wrecked the survivors. Then I've played again with an RPD offering, and they wrecked me.

Even playing mirror myers, I've had inconsistent results on indoor maps. But I wouldn't be able to play him at all without a map offering.

The outcome is not determined by the map.

• Grandpa_Crack_PipeGrandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 2,668

I'd rather just delete map offerings.

But yeah, lotta people don't like seeing them. Obviously it's wrong for someone to go into a screeching screed over you bringing one, but you know.

Just be prepared if you bring any.

It's the same hate and mindset that survivor show when they DC or give up because of a specific killer character before or despite knowing how the player is going to play or what their loadout looks like.

I play by the 8hook/0kills playstyle for years now and have had enough survivor dcing with the old object of obsession perk and even nowadays suiciding just because I have picked a certain killer even when i change map sides to allow unhooks and run past freshly unhooked survivors to avoid tunneling, never use slowdown perks, meta in general and especially no noed.

• Benno101Benno101 Member Posts: 42

this is an awful community, just look at these responces.

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,845

They should be reversed, so if you burn for example an Autohaven offering that means you won't go to the Autohaven realm maps.

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,116

Then people will either kill themselves on hook or just go AFK, delaying the chances of the other 4 playing a good match by even more time.

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 4,229

Damn I'd be running the heart locket every damn game.

• SimfelizSimfeliz Member Posts: 2,028

Like most, I think map offerings should go. But what happened to you if another example there are too many that take this game way too seriously.