Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Am I the only one who thinks the dredge's mori isn't as good as it could be?

YordsYords Member Posts: 5,750

I like the idea behind it, but I think it needs to be more brutal. I think it would be creepy if the animations for hitting the survivor were quicker and feral. That would really sell it.

Comments

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,521

hmm, i dont like the knifes at all. but i like the end, because the survivor become part of the dredge, thus, everyone wins

• Risky_BiscuitRisky_Biscuit Member Posts: 90

I think it's fine honestly. I see it as a manifestation of the people who were tricked by Otto, angry, vengeful, blinded by bitterness and regret, so they take out these feelings on the survivors by stabbing them with whatever they can, dragging them into the Dredge. They're a reluctant part of the creature they were tricked into summoning, and the only satisfaction they can muster anymore is the suffering of others. I assume it gives them a sense of power while they're at their very lowest point.

Their wails of regret and agony echo throughout the trial, but whenever something happens that inflicts suffering, there's a bit of a cheer from them. (Breaking locks, etc..)

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 3,005
    edited July 3

Only thing I'd change is the weapon hit to the back of the head. It kinda contrasts with the horror of what's going on with the rest of the mori. Maybe pull a Half-Life 2: Episode 2 ending instead. Or something similar to the endgame collapse sacrifice animation head spike. That part of the animation in particular is so unsettling just because of how quick it happens.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,544

I think most of the moris are great tbh. Lack of dismemberment or proper blood make them look kinda #########.

I fully agree that Dredges feels like they could've done more with it.