Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

will trapper ever get his buff

trapper is the best killer to play to have fun but will he ever get his buffs to match his power with his overall enjoyment

Comments

  • DexyIVDexyIV Member Posts: 511

    Wouldn't count on it. If they haven't done anything about DS, something tells me Trapper isn't on their list. Especially because he got changes a few months ago

  • friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

    @DexyIV said:
    Wouldn't count on it. If they haven't done anything about DS, something tells me Trapper isn't on their list. Especially because he got changes a few months ago

    that sucks i love trapper his play style is the most enjoyable and nothing is more satisfying then when you successfully pull off a trap whether it be a false chase or random odds however swf completely neuters him

  • NathanExplosionNathanExplosion Member Posts: 337
    edited February 2019

    @friendlykillermain said:

    that sucks i love trapper his play style is the most enjoyable and nothing is more satisfying then when you successfully pull off a trap whether it be a false chase or random odds however swf completely neuters him

    2,5 years old Trapper main here o/

    Here have a cookie, that's all you'll get for it.

  • friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

    @NathanExplosion said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    that sucks i love trapper his play style is the most enjoyable and nothing is more satisfying then when you successfully pull off a trap whether it be a false chase or random odds however swf completely neuters him

    2,5 years old Trapper main here o/

    Here have a cookie, that's all you'll get for it.

    poor trapper always shafted

  • NathanExplosionNathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

    @friendlykillermain said:

    poor trapper always shafted

    You are damn right !

    Better putting an end to this :

  • friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

    @NathanExplosion said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    poor trapper always shafted

    You are damn right !

    Better putting an end to this :

    \
    hahahahahah perfect

  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 6,593

    What kind of buff? The "he starts with extra trap"?

    Cause he did get some buffs:
    Disarm Bear Trap time increased from 2.5s to 3.5s
    Added a new add-on "Trapper Sack" for the Trapper (Common rarity). Start with and allows the transportation of 1 extra bear trap.
    Changed trap setting time to have a 0.5 open phase, and 0.5 exit phase, previously it had been 1 second each. These times cannot be modified with add-ons.
    Increased loud noise indicator range for trap disarm from 48m to 10000000m
    Logwood Dye and Tar bottle add-ons now stack
    Sabotaged bear traps will respawn after 180 seconds, similar to the hook regeneration. The regeneration time can be modified with the Oily Coil add-on and with the perk Hangman's Trick.
    The mid phase animation has been reduced to 1.5 seconds, this can be modified using add-ons.

  • ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

    @Milo said:
    What kind of buff? The "he starts with extra trap"?

    Cause he did get some buffs:
    Disarm Bear Trap time increased from 2.5s to 3.5s
    Added a new add-on "Trapper Sack" for the Trapper (Common rarity). Start with and allows the transportation of 1 extra bear trap.
    Changed trap setting time to have a 0.5 open phase, and 0.5 exit phase, previously it had been 1 second each. These times cannot be modified with add-ons.
    Increased loud noise indicator range for trap disarm from 48m to 10000000m
    Logwood Dye and Tar bottle add-ons now stack
    Sabotaged bear traps will respawn after 180 seconds, similar to the hook regeneration. The regeneration time can be modified with the Oily Coil add-on and with the perk Hangman's Trick.
    The mid phase animation has been reduced to 1.5 seconds, this can be modified using add-ons.

    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he is still low tier without Ultra Rare Addons.

  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 6,593

    @ShyN3ko said:

    @Milo said:
    What kind of buff? The "he starts with extra trap"?

    Cause he did get some buffs:
    Disarm Bear Trap time increased from 2.5s to 3.5s
    Added a new add-on "Trapper Sack" for the Trapper (Common rarity). Start with and allows the transportation of 1 extra bear trap.
    Changed trap setting time to have a 0.5 open phase, and 0.5 exit phase, previously it had been 1 second each. These times cannot be modified with add-ons.
    Increased loud noise indicator range for trap disarm from 48m to 10000000m
    Logwood Dye and Tar bottle add-ons now stack
    Sabotaged bear traps will respawn after 180 seconds, similar to the hook regeneration. The regeneration time can be modified with the Oily Coil add-on and with the perk Hangman's Trick.
    The mid phase animation has been reduced to 1.5 seconds, this can be modified using add-ons.

    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he is still low tier without Ultra Rare Addons.

    Aaaaaand you didn't answer my question

  • BillyIIIBillyIII Member Posts: 365

    @Milo said:
    What kind of buff? The "he starts with extra trap"?

    Cause he did get some buffs:
    Disarm Bear Trap time increased from 2.5s to 3.5s
    Added a new add-on "Trapper Sack" for the Trapper (Common rarity). Start with and allows the transportation of 1 extra bear trap.
    Changed trap setting time to have a 0.5 open phase, and 0.5 exit phase, previously it had been 1 second each. These times cannot be modified with add-ons.
    Increased loud noise indicator range for trap disarm from 48m to 10000000m
    Logwood Dye and Tar bottle add-ons now stack
    Sabotaged bear traps will respawn after 180 seconds, similar to the hook regeneration. The regeneration time can be modified with the Oily Coil add-on and with the perk Hangman's Trick.
    The mid phase animation has been reduced to 1.5 seconds, this can be modified using add-ons.

    I.e. nothing that fixes his main problem: setup cost.

  • LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

    He might get some changes in the future, just not soon I think. They will finish Freddy first, then maybe Leatherface, some small nerfs for Billy or Nurse and then maybe Trapper

  • ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

    @Milo said:

    @ShyN3ko said:

    @Milo said:
    What kind of buff? The "he starts with extra trap"?

    Cause he did get some buffs:
    Disarm Bear Trap time increased from 2.5s to 3.5s
    Added a new add-on "Trapper Sack" for the Trapper (Common rarity). Start with and allows the transportation of 1 extra bear trap.
    Changed trap setting time to have a 0.5 open phase, and 0.5 exit phase, previously it had been 1 second each. These times cannot be modified with add-ons.
    Increased loud noise indicator range for trap disarm from 48m to 10000000m
    Logwood Dye and Tar bottle add-ons now stack
    Sabotaged bear traps will respawn after 180 seconds, similar to the hook regeneration. The regeneration time can be modified with the Oily Coil add-on and with the perk Hangman's Trick.
    The mid phase animation has been reduced to 1.5 seconds, this can be modified using add-ons.

    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he is still low tier without Ultra Rare Addons.

    Aaaaaand you didn't answer my question

    Oh yeah sry, my bad.
    1 extra trap would be nice.
    But i think he need an other buff.
    His traps arent hide enough.
    Do you know Junkrat from Overwatch?

    His traps are good.

  • DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

    For ages people said that combat straps for the pig, and the stitched bag for the trapper should be baseline. I wonder why they gave the pig her combat straps but not the trapper his stitched bag.

    I mean are they afraid of breaking the balance? Really? Devs have to realize that when they make a change, people should have a reason to play with that change. Is the trapper with stitch bag gonna be more powerful than nurse, hillbilly, huntress, spirit? No, why do we wait then?

    The same can be said for perks too. Technician got a 'buff' and that buff made the perk more consistent across its tiers. It is still useless af and we will never see a change to this perk because it recently got a buff. I have no reason to give up my bond, borrowed time, adrenaline etc. for this perk.

    I really do wonder when they will realize this.

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

    @NathanExplosion said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    that sucks i love trapper his play style is the most enjoyable and nothing is more satisfying then when you successfully pull off a trap whether it be a false chase or random odds however swf completely neuters him

    2,5 years old Trapper main here o/

    Here have a cookie, that's all you'll get for it.

    Trapper was by far my favourite killer in the beginning, but unfortunately he just sucks nowadays

  • friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

    @Master said:

    @NathanExplosion said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    that sucks i love trapper his play style is the most enjoyable and nothing is more satisfying then when you successfully pull off a trap whether it be a false chase or random odds however swf completely neuters him

    2,5 years old Trapper main here o/

    Here have a cookie, that's all you'll get for it.

    Trapper was by far my favourite killer in the beginning, but unfortunately he just sucks nowadays

    i know its a shame

Sign In or Register to comment.