Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

When playing survivor, would you sit through longer queue times in order to avoid specific killers?

Comments

• ChaosberzerkerChaosberzerker Member Posts: 1

I absolutely would. Bye plague and meyers.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 6,905

Yes.

• vanGlasse1vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 252

I would eat my own shirt just to never have to see a Blight ever again. But honestly this would be a pretty bad mechanic for the game really

• SybariteSybarite Member Posts: 49

I don't mind vsing any killer. From what I have seen when I play killer Pinhead cause more DC then any of my other killers and it can completely F the other often solo que players.(SWF really dc at the start of a match).

personally I rather if people could block certian maps (Survivor and killer) not certian killers.

• SatelitSatelit Member Posts: 1,193

Nurse's queue times would skyrocket.And I'd avoid her too.

• VampwireVampwire Member Posts: 567

If it meant avoiding all 5 people who are playing Trickster, who I would completely run into every time without fail, yea. Not too long of a que increase and I don't want to rip my hair out trying to dodge 40 blades.

• Xx_Daniel_xX69Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214

I'd say only yes only if I kept getting the same killer over and over again.

• SquippitSquippit Member Posts: 20

I might like the game to allow me to prefer killers I enjoy facing, or block killers that make me miserable, yeah.

• KajdanKiKajdanKi Member Posts: 218

I actually would like to have option to play against certain killer.

Cant even remember when I was playinh against Pig or Twins.

It would be nice to have such option one time per day or something.

Getting bored of playing mostly against legions, huntress and nemezis

• Mike323CMike323C Member Posts: 6

Sure,i would wait 10 min just to not get Trickster,Spirit,Pinhead,Doctor and Legion.

• AshInTheTallGrassAshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,342

Yeah, sometimes. For instance, some Killers are just boring for me to play against. If I knew I was facing Freddy, I might just dodge. Other times, I'll stick it out and play anyway. I suppose it's like the Killers who dodge a lobby. Sometimes, seeing what items Survivors are carrying, or their cosmetics, or their gamertages, is enough to make them think that particular match isn't worth their time. They don't want to deal with it.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,824

Absolutely not.

The RNG of what killer you might face is part of the horror experience, fear the unknown etc.

You can see from the replies alone that people would just boycott killers they didn't want to face making them non-playable options.

Its an unhealthy change that adds little to the game experience outside of pandering to player entitlement at the expense of increased queue times.

• akaTheBARONakaTheBARON Member Posts: 268
    edited July 6

The only reason I KIND OF want to say "yes" is not because of any killer I just hate playing against specifically. Like I don't dread any killer or get a certain killer that makes me go "I can't even.... I just can't even..." and DC XD.

But there are a couple I'd rather not play against during solo queuing simply because of how most randos play against them. One example is Plague. Most randos on solo que cleanses against her as much as they can. I see survivors STILL waste time blessing a totem with CoH... and will bless it again after it's snuffed out even though its a worthless perk against a plague. Unless she just M1's the whole match but when do they do that?

Or people who will cleanse, and then just hop a gen with you when you're sick, simply because they don't want to find another one, and IMMEDIATELY get sick again, and then cleanse AGAIN... There's a time and a place for cleansing but not everytime you get sick, especially when you mindlessly get sick again which could have been avoided.

The only other one is Pinhead. He's actually not bad to play against, but I'm tired of randos who are afraid of the box. A lot of randos will avoid it cuz "KilLeR mIgHt CoMe...BiG sCaRy' Sometimes you get a random team of G's who aren't scared of it, but I've literally been like "OK, I'm not solving this puzzle this next time just to see if the team steps up. But most of the time nobody would go solve it and when getting attacked with chains, I'll see them breaking chains, getting back on the gen for like a second, breaking chains, then getting back on the gen.

The box is annoying, especially if you have a boosted item, but its not bad. He will teleport behind you, so you can put a strong set of tiles inbetween the two of you, you can wait until he downs someone, ect. Its very counterable but I'm noticing about 70% of the time solo queuing 2 or 3 of your teammates just ignore it.

• Chaos999Chaos999 Member Posts: 620

I could agree to this, but only if you also give me a an option to not be matched with teammates who have that option enabled :)

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 3,318
    edited July 6

No because if an option like that existed then Nurses and Blights would have to wait forever to find a match which isn’t fair to them. And those aren’t even the killers I would block.

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 1,524

Yes, if the option was there I would blacklist Nurse and Spirit. Maybe Bubba instead of Spirit because they are so annoying when facecamping! But I don't think there should be such an option.

• ToybasherToybasher Member Posts: 911

There actually was a plug-in or something that told you which killer the killer was playing as (And stuff like how many totems are left, what survivors are doing, etc.) around 2020ish. Nearly certain it was patched/blocked later. (Thank Entity because it made killer gameplay very miserable because survivors would throw on Calm Spirit vs Doctor, Small Game vs Hag/Trapper, No Mither vs Plague, etc.)

I personally like the element of surprise. There's hardly any killers I hate enough to explicitly want to filter out, but I will say I appreciate a bit of variety and I do find it boring when I get a killer multiple times in a row. (I'd prefer Trapper-Myers-Nurse over Myers-Myers-Myers even though I find Myers one of the more entertaining killers to play against.)

• DeathstrokeDeathstroke Member Posts: 1,424

I would block nurse and myers if I use cakes as those matches you don't get any bp. Nurse slugs everyone in less than 5 minutes usually and you get 5000 bp and myers can kill you with tombstone very early too as teammates always feed him. Other than that I would never block myers. Sometimes I would block killers if I get same one too many times a row cause I want more variety and face different killers.

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,720

No, I'd rather wait longer to be paired up with better teammates.

• I_CAMEI_CAME Member Posts: 199

No. There is nothing worse in a game than being forced to sit in a long queue. This is the biggest reason why I hate the MMR system. I don't care what i'm up against. I just want to play the game.

• NightmareKTNightmareKT Member Posts: 228

I like what you did there. Plagues makes people sick, clown is sick cause of his cough and doctor cures sick people XD

• Sally_S_gay_sonSally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 179

No, Survivors should never be able to choose who to go or not go against.

I understand some killers are way more fun than others but the variety and rng and surprise factor is part of the appeal

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 4,526

I only really dislike nurse, and I don't see her often as is so no probably not

• honestscripthonestscript Member Posts: 258
    edited July 8

yeah, some killers kinda mess with my mental health, anxiety stuff...

It's only 2 killers that do, i usually have to turn off the volume and just play with no sound.

• tendyhandstendyhands Member Posts: 268

No nurse ever

• syainsyain Member Posts: 420

I'd wait hours for a match that isn't Nurse or Blight.