Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
FORUM MAINTENANCE

On Wednesday 7th December 2022, from 1.30pm the forum will be down for maintenance, this can take up to 3 hours to complete. We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause.

The event ending just made me realize how bad the grind is

During event? Easily getting 150k+ bloodpoints per game, actually enjoying being able to level up killers frequently and blast through levels to get perks for killers I don't really play much but want to learn.

After event is over? MAYBE 30k bloodpoints in a game and barely enough to get a single level, and hell not even enough to get a single bloodweb done at about lvl 48-50 (or whatever level gets the max sized bloodweb that's like 50k+ just to complete).

You wanna know how to reduce grind? it's not the prestige system. It's making it so I don't have to go through 3 levels of 15+ perks just to get enough half decent perks to make more than one build. I just got ghostface a couple days ago. Solid level 32. I haven't gotten a single tier 3 perk... Why are perk tiers a thing exactly?

Just remove em... that reduces the grind. Instead of having to wait on rng to try and get the same perk 3 times (which rarely happens, I get pop one time and then don't see it again for the next 15 bloodwebs). I could just buy the perk once and oh look... it's done. THAT would lessen the grind so much more compared to prestiging.

Comments

• burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 3,207

Even with event i was instantly reminded why i left the game in January and stopped playing after 3 evenings.

The new prestige and perk system will maybe get me to reinstall to directly uninstall again but that's it.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 5,382

BP you earn each match is meant to get item, addons, offering for the next match. Which 12.000 BP is enough to fill all 4 slots. Its the perk we grind.

And honestly, I dont feel like the new perk grind is good after thinking through it. Remove perk Tiers would be much easier thing to do, and effective.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 5,433

Well, the upcoming change actually will fix your issue by making it so that you have those perks unlocked automatically once you get the prestiges out of the way. The bloodweb is more likely to give you levels of perks you already have than new ones - you start seeing tier 2 at level 7, and while you'll rarely see a tier 3 at level 10, you mostly start to see those at 35ish.

Many perks are still pretty usable in tier 1/2, though. Like, Ruin (goodnight, sweet prince) is terrible at lower tiers because it's 100/150/200%, but Starstruck is fine because it's 26/28/30s and Devour Hope straight-up doesn't matter. I wouldn't immediately write off perks for not being tier 3.

But I totally agree that the amount of bloodpoints you get outside of bloodpoint events is pitiful. And the loss of BBQ/WGLF is about to make that feel even worse. There's so much clutter in the bloodweb and that's arguably about to get even worse.

Effective in the sort term but less than the change they do in the long run.

At least in terms of the goal of all perks on all characters.

• MrPeanutbutterMrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,120
    edited July 6

That would be true if you didn’t have to buy a ton of useless items and offerings just to get something useful enough to be worth bringing into a match. Take your number and multiply it by 3-4x to account for all the garbage you have to spend BP on. Oh, and the devs also gave us a nice kick in the junk by taking away BP bonuses from BBQ and WGLF

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

I grinded so much during event, burned myself out bros. Haven't had desire to play all week, grinded the flans too much.

Been playing Salt Sanctuary, might finish Blasphemous after SnS

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeakHexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276

See the issue with the prestige thing tho. Is that I have to go and waste millions of bloodpoints to go upgrade my deathslinger to get dead man switch tier 3 on all characters...

When I could just go on my ghostface, and just find DMS one singular time and that's it. I now have the perk and don't have to worry about finding it 2 more times in the bloodweb clutter.

Prestiging IS a solution, but not the best one. Removing tiers is the best solution.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 5,382

Good choices. I am here waiting for salt and sacrifice to come out in steam. Damn epic store exclusives.

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeakHexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276

If the effects of offerings or addons are essentially useless then how are they designed to be used.

literally in the word... "useless"

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 7,596

For survivor it's even worse you have to use we're gonna live forever to have any significant amount of points oh wait nevermind that's being removed in the future