Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why aren't my games as miserable as everyone else's?

Comments

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 1,719

I could see kindred without the killer aura working. But I would say just give survivors a ping system.

At the end of the day however, you can't fix "bad at the game".

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 7,129

I just assumed I suppose. You said "see previous posts on why Im not allowed ??? To play with people" I was searching to see what you even meant.

The conclusion I came to. Was either that you got left on hook. Or the comment "Having to use a perk slot for info that SWF gets for free. But you already know that's the issue, you just dont agree bc killer bias"

I was guessing that maybe you disliked being in a SWF, but still didn't like running aura perks. Either way. I don't see reasons why you can't find people to play with. That's all. Over a few bad experiences ? Hell. Even @deKlaw_04 occasionally comes and plays with me.

I did say I run DS. It gives the best chance for my team. IF I do get tunneled. I can loop them for longer and give a very good chance at a 3 out. It rarely gets used. To the point I occasionally take it off. I'm not overly reliant though. I don't run BT because I don't unhook in the killers face. If it's end game. I'll fake the unhook and go running and let my team mates with BT go for it. I don't run DH, because it does nothing to help looping skill. I don't run unbreakable. Im very light on 2nd chance perks

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,910

I'd prefer it over the proposed icons, tbh.

I don't like the implications said icons have for stealth killers.

• Babadook83Babadook83 Member Posts: 165
  • C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 5,078

Play as Killer

Especially with Trapper, Im usually use End game build just for meme and putting a huge challenge on survivors at the last moment. Hook or Kill doesnt matter.

Or if sometimes it doesnt work, I use 4 slowdown or Plaything/Penti slowdown. Kill doesnt matter, I only want 2 hooks.

And again, if it doesnt work, I play Spirit with 4 slowdown or Plaything/Penti to have easier game. Kill doesnt matter, I only want 2 hooks. I keep my MMR low so I dont have to get bully swf.

As Killer, I can control everything I want, it does sad feeling you cant do anything as Trapper sometimes though.

Play as Survivor

Hearing screeching at the beginning makes me lose the will to play.

Somehow first killer hook when 2 Gen done and they decide to suicide, while 1 guy on hook with only me left and 3 Gen struggle on hook to the last.

The feel of I have to rush Gen while killer tunnel/camp other. Or vice versa. It doesnt fun for all survivors in that kind of match. Either W as long as you can and die or M1 on Gen and leave

Its weird for me seeing Killers constant talk about 4k streak and complain on high MMR with SWF at the same time. While you have full control to have low MMR and have casual match.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,882
    edited July 7

Because people can play 20 normal games, then get camped or tunneled one game then come here and complain saying it happens "all the time"..this is how people is they don't react to what happens normally and they forget about that.

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 5,543

I think base kindred would be fine if they remove the killer aura.

And if you like surv you should try it more honestly. When I first tried dbd I had a really bad killer game so I just played surv until few months later. Then I started to enjoy it more as I opened myself up to it.

I still have more hours on surv tho but I enjoy killer as well. And it helps with the variety.

Good advice.

Whenever I'm trying to 'get good' at a new game, I go easier on myself/lower my expectations and focus on learning stuff like, in dbd, the powers/perks/basic mechanics.

There's no harm in taking a few Ls as long as you're learning a little each time.

Playing to learn/experience is also leagues less frustrating than playing to win.

• TotemSeeker91TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 1,795

Because you are one person's experience out of 10000 people who play this game

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Your lack of a negativity bias or whatever is called is the reason you don't get as "many" miserable games as most other players

• CybilCybil Member Posts: 907

I guess it depends. I had a ton of chill games midway through the event but as soon as it was over the campers rolled out.

• deKlaw_04deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

I only played well vs that cracked deathslinger but I played pretty mediocre the rest of the way

• TruEternityTruEternity Member Posts: 320
    edited July 7

I think it just depends on the day for me. Some days I get 5,6,7 games in a row that just feel horrible. It can be both sides as well, just hold w dead hard survivors all day or four slowdown Nurse/Blight players who slug. Then there are days where everyone is chill and we meme around together. It’s just how the matchmaking shakes out that day.

Hitting shots through windows and he was connecting everything. It wasn’t until I was death hook were I manage to misdirect and take him for a long chase. He was really good. @BrokenSouI tool Sadako for a long chase in another match and got camped to death. And then a demogorgon was very good at mind gaming and other than me 99ing my sprint burst I couldn’t do anything vs him

Good Demos are mega scary...they SHRED the competition T_T

• I_CAMEI_CAME Member Posts: 191
    edited July 7

It's not as miserable as they say. The reality is these people are bad at the game and need to make excuses about how unfair the game is to rationalize why they lose so much. If you get tunneled often then you are a bad player who the killer sees as an easy mark. If you don't win the majority of your killer games then you are bad at playing killer. It's an ego problem on their part. It's not easy to admit that you're the problem for a lot of people. Exactly the same reason why certain streamers can never admit they got outplayed and always blame it on the game when they lose.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 7,129

Happens a lot lol. I ran a booba for 3 gens. I immediately said imma get camped. Easiest prediction ever

i have a video of a bubba throwing the game just to get me and I got out luckily

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,964
    edited July 7

DbD has no evaluation system, you can´t see your and the other peoples mmr rating and you don´t get viable feedback after a match.

So people don´t know where they stand at skill wise and whenever they lose, its not their fault, but that game mechanic/bug/OP thing/butterfly flapping with its wings.

Then they come to the forum and say that they´re in elo hell, because they always get terrible teammates or seal team 6 squads. When its actually their own skill or the lack of.

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 1,671

My take is that games aren't consistently bad, how we view these games has a lot to do with perspective, and the majority of the time, you'll be grouped with comparably skilled players. And yes, I play solo queue, pretty much exclusively (like 99%) and have about 1K hours in survivor. Sometimes I'm the strongest link, sometimes I'm the weakest, but on average it's pretty fair.

Solo isn't that bad, people just only see their version of events, and it's human nature to deflect and project.

Everyone will get the occasional awful matchmaking fiasco, if you truly are playing most of your games in a bag of potatoes, it's a virtual certainty that you're a potato too.

A hard truth for all the "my teammates are always so baaad" crowd.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,818
    edited July 7

Because clearly you aren't trying hard enough to ruin your own fun.

Try my helpful list of self sabotage...

Take everything in game as a personal attack.

Have a rigid set of arbitrary rules that apply to everyone but you and get really angry when others don't comply.

Always expect to get everything you want and that everything you want will work all the time, if it doesn't this is another form of personal attack.

Be sure to feed your ego you want it as big and strong as possible.

Surround yourself with others who'll also feed your ego and feed off each other's ego, its the core of a good obnoxious SWF.

Its always everyone else's fault... ALWAYS!

Remember you are the victim and hero rolled into one... act accordingly.

There is nothing in game that can't be blamed on opponent's exploiting broken mechanics, make sure they know what they are doing and how they should feel about it.

When in doubt project... "I'm not mad... you are"

There is no scenario so benign that it can't antagonize you with this helpful list! Now get cracking and spoil your own fun TODAY! 👍️

• SimfelizSimfeliz Member Posts: 2,508

Don't worry you're not alone. I'd say the good and neutral games outweigh the bad. I really think people are way too harsh and critical when judging other players. That being said, I'm a bit on a downer with the game right now and only have played about 4 matches in the past 2 weeks. Been relaxing playing Graveyard Keeper.

• RumaRuma Member Posts: 2,072

Because they only rember their bad matches but never their good ones.

How is that game? I wanted to try it a while ago but never did.

I might try it soon but currently playing crash 4.

Also sorry for the derail.

Is that the one that just dropped on PS+?

If so, derail away and let me know how it is :P

edited July 7

Yes lol. If we exclude the spin offs it is my favorite already compared to 1, 2 and 3.

I didn't expect it to be this good honestly. Gameplay is deeper now with some new stuff and there are also more characters with unique playstyles you can play as on certain levels.

Amazing news!

I've got both Plus Premium and Game Pass...it is a good time to be a gamer, for sure.

Glad you're having a time :3