Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Mid-Chapter patch? Tier 1 perks on all your characters? That'll be 3 million Bloodpoints, sir

Nos37Nos37 Member Posts: 2,791
edited July 8 in General Discussions

Here, I was thinking that I could simply click the Prestige button in my Bloodweb for all my characters that I kept at P0 50 once the mid-chapter patch drops, so that I can have Tier 1 on all my characters, but no.

It'll cost 1.5 million Bloodpoints to Prestige 30 survivors and another 1.5 for the killers.

Post edited by Nos37 on

Comments

• ShyPirateShyPirate Member Posts: 247

I don't even think that explains it. If bloodpoints could be acquired with real money (a terrifying thought) then it might make sense from a business standpoint, but as it is it's just a bizarre choice.

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,367

Well they will never make dbd free cause more people will complain and more hackers can join in since it’s free to play

• TruEternityTruEternity Member Posts: 320

It is to a degree. They want to keep you playing as long as possible, because the more time you spend on the game the more likely you are to buy cosmetics. It’s what free to play games bank on, have the treat just out of reach and if you play one more you’ll get it. You know what though? There’s a shiny new outfit in the store, why don’t you check it out, it’ll make you feel special and make the game fresh again.

Like I said, they’re making so many aspects of the game like a free to play, and it’s a bad look. The problem is most players don’t seem to care enough for them to change their ways. It’s insulting to everyone’s intelligence that they claim to reduce the grind, then add in mechanics to increase the grind. BHVR can’t take a step forward without taking 3 backwards.

• OmputinOmputin Member Posts: 139

Inb4 they remove the 50k prestige cost and then say they fixed the problem. I can guarantee they are gonna pull some dirty move like that.

• ZVomZVom Member Posts: 188

I literally am amazed and shocked WHY people bring stupid 5Ok tax as a problem. It is NOTHING compared to BBQ and WGLF removal. NOTHING!

Removal or BBQ and WGLF bonus is going to make everything much much worse than any 5Ok tax. Of course, combining 5Ok and BBQ/WGLF removal brings entire grind into whole another level, but BBQ/WGLF is the main problem, not 50k tax.

• NorhcNorhc Member Posts: 493

Nah, BBQ/WGLF BP removal is fine. Well, it would be fine if it was accompanied by an intelligent bloodweb rework. Which is not the case.

• SunaIIanuSunaIIanu Member Posts: 609

Th update resets your bloodwebs so I think it will be even more: 50.000 to finish the bloodweb and 50.000 prestige tax, so about 3,1 Mio. for the survs and 2,8 Mio for the Killers.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,890
    edited July 9

Did you leave the bloodwebs at P0 lvl 50 or have you leveled past the first lvl 50 bloodweb?

if the latter, you won’t stay at P0 as there will be some type of translation going on so that people that didn’t opt to not prestige wouldn’t get ‚punished‘

That's the point - we didn't get anything in return of BBQ removal. Effectively grind will be increased by the bonus amount

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,282

They are both horrendous decisions. Realistically we'll never get them to admit the mistake they made with Bbq or Wglf. We might have a chance of undoing this one at least.

I highly doubt that.

It's very unrealistic scenario of bhvr to undo any of their flawless changes. It needs to literally set the entire community on fire AFTER the implementation for them to just rethink the idea.

• SekiSekiSekiSeki Member Posts: 513
    edited July 12

They introduced matchmaking incentives, that was a pretty good game change. Although the idea of base kit WGLF and BBQ (stacking BP multi) seems like another great change for the game to encourage that playstyle, which makes the game more fun.

Edit: Added, if you farm out 121 tiers for your characters, you can get P2 lvl 50 for the next patch. Take advantage of it now, BBQ and WGLF.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,667

I rarely use BBQ and never use WGLF, so that part does not affect me personally. The 50K thinf affects everyone, full stop.