We are aware of a current issue going around affecting most forum users. Affected users received this message upon log in: "You need to reset your password. This is most likely because an administrator recently changed your account information. Click here to reset your password."

We are currently investigating this incident.
The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

So sad that people actually justify playing swf

Comments

• xmenfanaticxmenfanatic Member Posts: 737
    edited February 5

It's just simply fun to play with others. Some people like co-op, some don't. It seems the original poster here doesn't seem to understand or care for a mode where you get to play with friends.

Some do enjoy it.

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 278

Hello, killer main here.
    (I feel I need to say this or otherwise I will be marked as an entitled survivor main)

I play SWF because during my experience grinding for Rank 1 Solo, I realized one thing.
    Everyone in Solo is a [BAD WORD] moron. So I apologize if you think I am cheating when I play with my mates, because I know they are more competent than your average DBD Player.
    We don't even use Voice Comms that often, we just play the game to have fun and not be sandbagged by players who obviously shouldn't be in High Ranks.

• Paddy4583Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Okapi said:
    Gamzello said:
    SWF groups has a higher chance of winning against killers. But it doesn’t necessarily mean that all SWF are good. I play with my bf on PS4 and we’re like average. We still have our moments of losing or dying mid-match.

Just dodge if you see a 4-man?
    The devs are going to change how lobbies work so all 4 survivors load in at the same time no matter if they’re 4 solos or a full SWF squad.

Dodging will be useless soon. 
    Haha you are misguided if you think killers can only guess SWF from the load in.
    PC users can quickly check FL of loaded players and make an educated guess in the time it takes to countdown, Dodging will stay exactly how it is until the imbalance is addressed, it’s the only cause of action a killer has because their issues are not being addressed or acknowledged 
  • gamerscrybecauseofmegamerscrybecauseofme Member Posts: 121
    pemberley said:
    I play with my friends a lot but we actually play. We’re not trying to deliberately make the killer miserable, we just want to play together. Which is how it should be. If they outright took swf away, I think it would be bad for the ps4 where a lot of us play with friends and solo equally. 

What is NOT okay is the groups that do try to make the killer miserable. Body blocking. Dsing. Blinds at the pallet. Wantonly tea bagging. 360ing. REFUSING TO LEAVE THE MAP AFTER THE GAME IS OVER AND GATES ARE OPENED. etc. And that needs to be resolved. 
    The OP was one kind of funny, but seriously, you have a problem with survivors evading those killer swings? (They need to reward BP for that, it's a hard skill to get the timing right on) Tea bagging is nothing lol. DS is annoying, but only a one use perk. Survivors mostly body block to help cover a team mate that's usually being tunnelled. Blinds at a pallet are legit, it gives best survivors a better chance to increase distance from the killer or make the killer chase someone else.

• HawkAyeTheNooHawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 247
    I agree, how dare you people come in to a game with your friends and have fun. Hope the devs start dishing out bans.
  • PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 4,965
    edited February 5

People legit just wanna play with their friends. Why should we deny them that? I like to play with my friends and we don't always have 5 people for a kyf. Normal SWF aren't much of a problem unless they're deliberately trying to ruin your matches or be toxic and if they do that just bring noed from now on or just camp. Camping normally works against them cause the wanna save their buddy. As for the whole communication, most of the problems with swf can be resolved by improving normal gameplay mechanics such as better hex totem spawns, adding another objective needed to escape ect. Until them tho, just run BIlly or Nurse or be a camping Leatherface idk. Just play however you want, I don't care, as long as it isn't hacking or exploiting bugs. But most Swf aren't hat bad, Iv'e rarely faced one with 4 decisives, Spring burst, Adrenaline, Self care.

• ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 408
    edited February 5

We all know it is fun to play with your friends. That is not the issue. Always brought up like a damn straw man. The issue is the voice comm advantage that makes the game horrendous for the killer. Always talking about "we are just messing around" but you know damn well as soon as the killer has the upper hand you go into swat communication mode. Give killers more bp for dealing with that crap.

• GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 1,081
    Some perk effects and items should be solo-only or SWF-only. Problem solved.
  • Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Casual mode! Open - for everyone KYF! All these SWF teams saying they only want to have fun need casual mode!

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 1,905

@ColonGlock said:
    Give killers more bp for dealing with that crap.

Killers already get way more bloodpoints than survivors.

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 914

I think it’s good people can play with and even make new friends.if only people would say gg instead of go burn in a fire... maybe things would end up ok.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208
    Watery said:
    Master said:

@Okapi said:
    Gamzello said:

SWF groups has a higher chance of winning against killers. But it doesn’t necessarily mean that all SWF are good. I play with my bf on PS4 and we’re like average. We still have our moments of losing or dying mid-match.

Just dodge if you see a 4-man?

The devs are going to change how lobbies work so all 4 survivors load in at the same time no matter if they’re 4 solos or a full SWF squad.

Dodging will be useless soon. 

Thats already the case btw.

What do you mean with dodging will be useless?

The new matchmaking system will cause all four survivors to appear at the same time.

As I said, that's already the cas
  • LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 635
    SWF isnt the problem. CWF is.
  • BroosmeisterBroosmeister Member Posts: 256
    When you have no friends so you complain about people who play with friends. :'(
    #SadLife
  • NathanExplosionNathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

@PiiFree said:
    SWFs be like:

"Killer mainz BTW"

• tt_ivi_99tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,257
    Until rank system is fixed survivors will keep playing SWF
  • TheHoodiedOneTheHoodiedOne Member Posts: 7,196

@Meme said:
    I get it, you are insecure about your own skills as a survivor,but always doing swf is so sad. Like my god can someone please tell me what the point of playing killer is if I'm versing 4 perfectly coordinated survivors.at least during the event I can dc so they don't get there 25 lunar points.

People want to play dbd with there friends, if you don't like swf dodge, but its not worth it, swf is easily countered by running discordance for gens

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 505

I always play solo, never understood that must-play-SWF thingy.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 2,012
    edited February 6

I always play solo, never understood that must-play-SWF thingy.

There's no such thing. People do it because they want to. Not because they must. Playing with friends on online multiplayer games promotes this wonderful thing called fun. 
    Post edited by Dwight_Fairfield on
  • Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,654

@Meme said:
    I get it, you are insecure about your own skills as a survivor,but always doing swf is so sad. Like my god can someone please tell me what the point of playing killer is if I'm versing 4 perfectly coordinated survivors.at least during the event I can dc so they don't get there 25 lunar points.

People want to play dbd with there friends, if you don't like swf dodge, but its not worth it, swf is easily countered by running discordance for gens

1, gen rush is usually best done with people separated doing 1 gen each.

2, discordance is only good until they realize you have it. Then they either will do gens individually, or use discordance to bait around the killer. Kinda like that distraction perk.
    First time I ran legion that's exactly what they did.

I mean they are going to notice the killer going right for gens lit up by discordance 
  • The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited February 5
    It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the toxic ones. If they play well and make it out good for them but then you get the toxic ones who tbag non-stop, use all the broken perks (which is on the devs, not them), and then stand at the exit gate tbagging expecting you to mess about walking around the map hitting them out. Then there is the "ez gg go take your own life" talk post game.

If it wasn't for those people I wouldn't be as bothered, but whenever 4 friends get together against a stranger they decide its funny to be as nasty as possible just to show off to each other.

That's the post I got banned for too. Because I lost my [BAD WORD] and ranted on the forums about thr devs not doing anything to tackle the problem. Which is funny because these forums are much more heavily moderated than the game is, the devs twitch streams are heavily moderated, yet the game is like the wild west. It feels like toxicity is ok as long as it isn't on their doorstep?

I'm normally against censorship but I really think DBD needs it. The least the devs could do is add a word filter to the game, the forums have it so why not the game. I can not think of a reason why you would ever need to tell someone to "K*** Yourself" - I'm sure you know what that means but I'm sure its censored here, which is the point, why is it censored on here but not in game?
  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,811
    edited February 5

@JanTheMan said:
    I'm sorry but people have friends...

Some people have friends apparently the Op may not and is a salty little girl about it.

• ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 408

@fcc2014 said:

@JanTheMan said:
    I'm sorry but people have friends...

Some people have friends apparently the Op may not and is a salty little girl about it.

Again with the straw man. It is not about you playing with your friends. It is about the unfair advantage of sharing information during the match making it much more difficult for the killer. Fun for you and horrible for this random person who feels like [BAD WORD] even if they win. I know you do not care and love having the advantage but the issue will continue to come up as the SWF experience on the killer side is terrible.

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,811

@ColonGlock I play against SWF all the time and the experience is not terrible it can be challenging, predictable and rewarding. I guess it comes down to personality types.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,144

Who is your god?... I need to know before I can like them.