The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Is BHVR even listening?

With the amount of discourse that is going on in every kind of forum I can think of (Steam, Reddit, this one) about the event, you'd think we would get an official statement regarding the queue times and rebalancing the points so that Killers are worthwhile to play.
But nope, we just get another update that, while thankfully, fixes some problems with the event. Still hasn't fixed the core issue with the event. The long wait times.

No one wants to play Killer because Survivors get more points. But Survivors CAN'T get points because no one wants to play Killer. This is ridiculous. I'd expect BHVR to have an official statement regarding this current event. But it feels like they're not even listening.

Comments

• AttackfrogAttackfrog Member Posts: 1,135

@EntityDispleased said:
    The devs are hiding in fear of the community they created.

It's true. The player base of this game is one of the most "toxic" (aka insulting and unfriendly) I have encountered in 20+ years of online gaming.

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 426

@Attackfrog said:
    If behavior is listening to this forum. they have probably blown their brains out by now...so no more patches.

If I was a game developer and this was my forum, I would read it for the LOL's but there is no way in hell I would actually listen to it.

Honestly: except for the textbooks by @AlwaysInAGoodShape ... those seem to be insightful and well put together. The arguments there are well refuted as well. With that exception, this forum is just a place for folks to vent, boast and complain. And when you factor in the 10+ "Camping is bad" and "I am mad cuz ___" each week, it is just a place for us to rant.

That is honestly the sad truth of every kind of DBD forums.
    At least this forum is not the Steam Forum, lol. Where the toxicity meter is through the [BAD WORD] ceiling.
    I just figured that since this is their official forum, they'd take some of the things that are being said here into some consideration.
    Yes the community can be unreasonable at times (Like Killers asking devs to delete DStrike while Survivors asking devs to make Killers weaker), but there are times when those complaints are validated like with this event.

No one likes it, and those who do, good for you. But it's obvious the majority of the community feels that this event is a bad idea.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 1,951

I'll continue playing killer during this event. People are just being silly. Instant queue times and earning at least 20pts a game is much faster than waiting around and maybe earning more. I promise you that most the survivors in my lobby are earning less points on average than me. You know... since most of them die.

• AttackfrogAttackfrog Member Posts: 1,135

@DelsKibara said:

@Attackfrog said:
    If behavior is listening to this forum. they have probably blown their brains out by now...so no more patches.

If I was a game developer and this was my forum, I would read it for the LOL's but there is no way in hell I would actually listen to it.

Honestly: except for the textbooks by @AlwaysInAGoodShape ... those seem to be insightful and well put together. The arguments there are well refuted as well. With that exception, this forum is just a place for folks to vent, boast and complain. And when you factor in the 10+ "Camping is bad" and "I am mad cuz ___" each week, it is just a place for us to rant.

That is honestly the sad truth of every kind of DBD forums.
    At least this forum is not the Steam Forum, lol. Where the toxicity meter is through the [BAD WORD] ceiling.
    I just figured that since this is their official forum, they'd take some of the things that are being said here into some consideration.
    Yes the community can be unreasonable at times (Like Killers asking devs to delete DStrike while Survivors asking devs to make Killers weaker), but there are times when those complaints are validated like with this event.

No one likes it, and those who do, good for you. But it's obvious the majority of the community feels that this event is a bad idea.

They don't listen. If they did, they would put the filter they use on their forums in post game chat.

They don't care though, so long as folks spend money.

Since it is 2019, I am honestly surprised this game has lasted as long as it did. I assumed someone would have sued them over their allowed use of racial slurs and crazy offensive language in post game chat.

And yet....here we are. Playing a game that allows people to speak to other people like we are from 1985....Or 1910, depending on your language.

It must make them good money. Hope they can sleep on their beds made from dollars and racism.

• IMMORTALEVILIMMORTALEVIL Member Posts: 2

I'll continue playing killer during this event. People are just being silly. Instant queue times and earning at least 20pts a game is much faster than waiting around and maybe earning more. I promise you that most the survivors in my lobby are earning less points on average than me. You know... since most of them die.

Ok. But for example i cantc play so many time as it need now. So i just decided to drop dbd during event. I just dont have any wish to play after these great start and huge couple of points which killer recieve.i love dbd. But can play it only 1-2 hours per day if all good. I think for me ivent impossible
  • FenrirFenrir Member Posts: 533

With the amount of discourse that is going on in every kind of forum I can think of (Steam, Reddit, this one) about the event, you'd think we would get an official statement regarding the queue times and rebalancing the points so that Killers are worthwhile to play.
    But nope, we just get another update that, while thankfully, fixes some problems with the event. Still hasn't fixed the core issue with the event. The long wait times.

No one wants to play Killer because Survivors get more points. But Survivors CAN'T get points because no one wants to play Killer. This is ridiculous. I'd expect BHVR to have an official statement regarding this current event. But it feels like they're not even listening.

Killers bloodpoints need to be majorly increased and red envolopes need to be spawning alot more in bloodwebs
  • se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,890

The only scenario they'd care about the game is if their revenue goes down because players getting a grip and not falling for the Store fodder.

• ItsYourBoyGuzmaItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 799

@DelsKibara said:

why would they bring up a statement about this when they clearly wanted us to forget about legion and the ptb changes right before their winter break.

They clear are focusing on something else and dont give 2 shits. If they havent learned anything by now, they never will.
    Its been like this since launch, i just gave up trying to get BHVR to see some the issues that they so willingly love to ignore.

• HawkAyeTheNooHawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 262
    No they dont, just out a game, 4 envelopes played killer DCs as soon as the game starts, all envelopes lost. Its ridiculous. 
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721
    edited February 1

You're confusing "listening" for "doing". Yes, they listen, but they also disagree with a lot of the stuff that's said, so they don't do it. And hell, maybe the problem isn't the event, but rather a deeper issue that's been plaguing the game since its release, and the event was just the last straw.
    Just because you think it's a great idea doesn't mean the person you're telling it to has to do what you say.

• BreadiswhiteBreadiswhite Member Posts: 3

Honestly I hate the devs for this game I play this game and there is always something wrong firstly the nurses hits dont register when you blink, survivors with tool boxes can rush gens the, toxic swf..look once a game that comes out similar to dead by daylight that's balanced and fun this game will fall

The godammit legion is proof that the devs dont understand how to the make the game fun and balanced he has no counter play and if they buff him his going to be stronger than nurse and easier to use

Devs if you read any of these posts listen the community but not rank 20s the ones who know how to play the game Ardetha truetalent damnnohtml otherwise your bound to crash down to rubble.

• HawkAyeTheNooHawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 262
    Orion said:

You're confusing "listening" for "doing". Yes, they listen, but they also disagree with a lot of the stuff that's said, so they don't do it. And hell, maybe the problem isn't the event, but rather a deeper issue that's been plaguing the game since its release, and the event was just the last straw.
    Just because you think it's a great idea doesn't mean the person you're telling it to has to do what you say.

I understand what you're saying but some of the things people are asking for is quite reasonable.

Take this event for example, most people would agree there should be at least 2 envelopes per bloodweb at the very least, 1 just now is cheap especially for og players. 

Survivors loosing envelopes/progress when killer DCs, thats bordering on the ridiculous and its something they were warned about before the event started.

Buffing killer points so more people are attracted to play killer maybe making lobbies quicker, thats just common sense surely. 
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@DelsKibara said:

Why would they?
    As long as money comes in, everything is fine

• LateralLateral Member Posts: 77
    edited February 3

No, behaviour will do whatever they think will earn the most money until they run the game into the ground

cough-eternalcrusadedeathgarden*-cough

• AlphaJacksonAlphaJackson Member Posts: 586

@Attackfrog said:

Don't forget Nikenzie who's always looking to improve the game in the best way possable for both sides!

• ArsoulArsoul Member Posts: 321

End of the day, it's their game, they can do what they want.

With that said though, you also dont want to lose customers

• Might_OakkMight_Oakk Member Posts: 1,132

Almost finished coin #7. Its ok.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I wish they would end it early. Survivor is awful right now.

Killer barely feels any different.
  • ItsYourBoyGuzmaItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 799
    I wish they would end it early. Survivor is awful right now.

Killer barely feels any different.
    Killer sucks played like 5 games and made [BAD WORD] points for the event. No thanks, ill just continue finishing off this event on the survivors side 
  • Paddy4583Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Try now
  • Paddy4583Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864

They probably aren’t doing anything because the “issues” are as normal
    inflated and a lot of crying about nothing.

Im not struggling on either side to get matches, or points, and they can see what’s happening with actual data, so they can ignore the crying and see the facts.
  • SupernautSupernaut Member Posts: 872
    edited February 5

Remember, we're not even half way through. If you've got 6 coins, you're half way there! Also, as I said in other thread, we've got the chance to GRIND ALL cosmetics, not just 9 of 21, or however many it was!
    They HAVE listened and still the community complains.

edit more blood points would always be nice though!

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 4,502

Yes, these forums are checked on a regular basis and feedback is collected. Keep in mind that the event only started ~two days before the weekend, at which point nobody is in the office. There is still time for changes. The Hallowed Blight event saw some significant changes part way through as well.

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 426

@Peanits said:
    Yes, these forums are checked on a regular basis and feedback is collected. Keep in mind that the event only started ~two days before the weekend, at which point nobody is in the office. There is still time for changes. The Hallowed Blight event saw some significant changes part way through as well.

Glad to see a response from a Community Manager.
    Yeah, Hopefully this event will be fixed partway like Hallowed Blight was. Because playing Survivor during this event is just not fun at the moment.