Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 6-1-0 PTB Feedback

What's the point of the prestige legacy portrait reward if nobody can see it?

Comments

• DaddyMyers_MoriDaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 374

Well, they got 20k players back during anniversary, We'll see how many months it takes them to lose them again. I give them three months.

• steezo_desteezo_de Member Posts: 1,010

That's not fair to say that about the community and exclusives. I am perfectly fine with past exclusives and would like more of them. It's just that I don't have as large a voice as those that don't want exclusives.

I also DO want to show off this icon reward to other players so I'm being consistent with what I want. I'm sure a lot of other people who are let down about this whole situation is too.

• BelzherBelzher Member Posts: 308

Stopping for just days would do nothing, after that period everything would go back to normal. To make a real "riot" you guys should just stop playing it for good.

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 2,254

Was it even confirmed that the Jarate icons will never return?

🦆🦂

• Cookie_Des_LysCookie_Des_Lys Member Posts: 60

Ohhh, you're right, it could be also the legacy 3.0

• WeirdlyBeardedWeirdlyBearded Member Posts: 144

Streamer here! I'm in the minority who understood what they meant with this reward. Im obsessed with cosmetics. This is such a small issue for me. Why do we need to brag to others that we grinded a game so much. Personal accomplishments make sense for this one.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,872

Just become a streamer. ez

• GravelordNito99GravelordNito99 Member Posts: 133

The reward makes no sense, is ugly and is a broken promise. The reward is almost symbolic by this point of how bhvr treats their fans.

• WeirdlyBeardedWeirdlyBearded Member Posts: 144

What promise did they break? I've read everything and see no broken promise?

• LiaLightLiaLight Member Posts: 40

That's absolutely fine and I did include in my post that there were some streamers who were fine with the portraits as well. So if you are happy and you have no issues with the whole thing, that's great for you.

The point I was replying to with that message was that Bhvr themselves talked about "bragging rights", so if it was always intended as a personal reward, in my eyes that is a contradiction in their communication.

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 2,254

The point I was replying to with that message was that Bhvr themselves talked about "bragging rights", so if it was always intended as a personal reward, in my eyes that is a contradiction in their communication.

The solution is to create NFTs of the icons and allow us to put them in forum signatures.

🦆🦂

• LeFennecFoxLeFennecFox Member Posts: 582

It would have been nice to know the reward before wasting time p3ing killers

• Alen_StarklyAlen_Starkly Member Posts: 233

Some people in the forums presented some awesome ideas. I too understand that designing a bunch of cosmetics for us who P3-ed before this midchapter goes live would take so many resorces, but.... Taking existing default or bloody cosmetics, and changing the blood color, or just adding some shiny parts (like the original legacy, but instead of golden/lava you add blue or red or something) would be so satisfying. It shouldn't take too long to modify the default (or bloody) outfits, especially since only the original characters would be getting them anyway.

I think this would be the fairest reward. Free BP or shards would also feel extremely lazy and cheap to me. The currency gets spent, and then what do you have left? Nothing. The cosmetics are the only reward that would feel satisfying.

Heck, even if you don't want to modify the whole default/bloody cosmetics (I don't see why adding a bit of colored particles would take too much time to begin with though), give us at least something! For example, just torso cosmetics! The default torso piece with colored particles. Surely, I think we deserve full outfits, since we grinded MUCH more than the 2016 grinders, but even just special modified torsos would be something.

The current glowing overlay on the characters' portraits just shows how little you value your commited players. (who have spent a lot of money on DLCs and cosmetics btw!!)

• Cookie_Des_LysCookie_Des_Lys Member Posts: 60

7 pages of comments here. And it is if they didn't heard anything about a showable legacy 2.0

Disappointed.

Feedback is needing on the dev new about this topic.

The new portraits look good, but they still didn't listen to this huge thread. People want a way to have bragging rights, so they need to just give us something to show in the endgame chat. I have made a couple of suggestions for this in posts of my own.

• FeryGENFeryGEN Member Posts: 445

Perhaps in the future, the scoring screen will not only have the names of the survivors, but also their portraits and the survivors will see our achievements, I hope so

I would hope so, since it's the main thing I wanted out of this update. There is no point in this portrait reward if nobody can see it. My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

• LycidasLycidas Member Posts: 1,001

THERE YOU ARE!

I was looking for the person who had these character portraits set up.

Can you share how those look after the mid-chapter update? I'm curious to see how ######### up that page looks with the updated prestige reward, making it somehow even less appealing to the PC playerbase

(I love those portraits BTW, @GeneralV this is the guy I mistook you for)

• LapisInfernalisLapisInfernalis Member Posts: 2,495

I will share it, but I think only the killer side will look look Swiss cheese (I P3ed every survivor since ptb).

I guess that the effect won't be visible since it's a background effect and my portraits cover that.

I am planing to do a version of these with either an own P3 "effect" (a border or something like this) or will make my current dark effect around the border transparent so that the P3 effect can be seen. This might need a while though since I have a lot to do for Uni right now.

I guess that the effect won't be visible since it's a background effect and my portraits cover that.

My guess it's that they described it as a background effect, but in reality they drew the effect around the actual portraits to make it look like it was a different background, so you'll see your custom portraits, but on top they'll have the scratch mark effect with a "Dwight-shaped hole" in the middle.

• LapisInfernalisLapisInfernalis Member Posts: 2,495

I have to wait for the update to know how bad it will be. And then time to figure out how to deal with it.

Yeah I know, if it's like I think it will be, either you'll need to change portraits to some that use the normal ones as "base" or you'll disable the effect.

Unless the effect is editable like the portraits, in that case you can go crazy with that.

The more time passes, the more my disappointment grows. I am losing hope that they will listen, since people just seem to have given up...

Eh, better than I thought, at least a little border is visible

Still, I don't think that qualifies as good enough but ehy, at least it didn't ruin your artworks