Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Here's to hoping that Survivors will use more variety/fun builds now

To bring little positivity into the discussion about upcoming changes, in the Dead Hard/Iron Will/DS/BT meta pretty much everyone used the same perks, which is fine because those perks are the best, however with 3 out of those nuked and 5 sec BT being base kit, maybe people can relax and actually have fun and also win chases in a different way

Lithe/Dance With Me/Quick and Quiet, Sprint Burst/Fixated, Smash Hit/Parental Guidance (I love this combo so much), we might also see even more quick and quiet/head-on plays than before

I adore Balanced Landing, to me there is nothing more fun than BL on maps like Midwitch, Eyre, RPD where you can use this perk in so many good spots to just drop and escape

Also, people might realize that you actually can have long chases without DH if you just equip windows of opportunity (literally the best chase perk ever)

With COH, Adrenaline, and Unbreakable and healing meta in general being untouched as well I do think people who are good at survivor can still have fun even though I said in one of the other threads, and I am saying it now again, people who were not good and relied on DH/IW too much in chases will have to kinda learn to actually loop, I do think people who are causal survivors will have a harder time with all the killer Buffs esp in Solo where you lack coordination and people are just bad in general but I think the veterans might remember that this game can be fun even with stupid ######### like Blast Mine/Repressed or flip flop/power struggle

The only bad thing I am 100% convinced will happen on survivor end is more tunneling, but even a 3 second DS stun in the right place can still save you (if you were downed near a window or a pallet).

If after the upcoming patch devs become satisfied with the kill rates then maybe we will finally get some solo queue buffs and the game can be in a much better place

PS: stop asking for Nurse nerfs

Comments

• Sally_S_gay_sonSally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 181

Both sides want fun matches, most people do not like to tunnel if they do not have to in order to get like 1k, with gens speed increased and some other qol changes I think people will end chases quicker than before and in time hopefully realise they can pressure more people which will improve gameplay for both sides. I am sure most people who play mostly survivor just want to have fun back and forth match and do not care about dying, and would rather die than hold m1 against a camping bubba and then exit to the gate

People will always tunnel and camp, it's the most effective way to win esp for people who are not good at chases and macro gameplay and majority of people are not good (same with survivors - most people are causals and do not know how to connect tiles), but all of that was happening with all these powerful perks and was effective and will be effective again.

At least people who are bad at killer cannot use the dead hard excuse anymore

• AdjathaAdjatha Member Posts: 1,656

BT was meta before and it's way better now. I don't expect THAT much of a shake-up.

Maybe one person per team brings Saboteur, just to hard-counter any scourge hook build.

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 4,558

I mean, I already do. I rarely use DH, if I even run an exhaustion at all it'll be Lithe or Head On. The only meta perk I currently run routinely is BT so I don't screw over another player when I unhook them, but now that won't be an issue with basekit endurance.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,296

I predict whatever a survivors favorite streamer runs will be the meta. Heaven forbid they try something on their own to determine its value.

• Sally_S_gay_sonSally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 181

Oh I forgot about saboteur, I def think I will actually run sabo/breakout more now

• deKlaw_04deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Both sides have fun winning. So no people are still gonna bring the strongest perks

• deKlaw_04deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

I’m using adrenaline coh bt and Blastmine rn. It’s a fun build and it’s pretty good also

• MrMoriMrMori Member Posts: 660
    edited July 14

What I can say for certain is I think Adrenaline and Prove Thyself will be super meta. Add an exhaustion perk. Then finally a perk of choice, perhaps a neat chase/stealth perk like you mentioned, perhaps CoH, Windows, etc. Maybe more people will bring CoH now that Self Care is trash? Sure hope not.

Almost forgot, BT will be meta. 15 seconds + 7% speedboost the whole time is ridiculous. Basically a free escape lategame.

So Adrenanline/Prove/BT/Exhaustion will be meta. Sprinkle in CoH, Unbreakable, Windows, chase perks like Quick and Quiet, Dance with Me, Lucky Break.

I'm looking forward to it honestly. Especially no more second chances other than BT after gates are powered.

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,295

DS will turn into OTR, that'll be the only change.

Survivor meta mostly consisted of perks that weren't strong, they were just the only option against three extremely powerful killer strategies that disable survivor play. None of the underlying issues have been addressed, so OTR, BT, UB, those'll still be extremely prevalent. Only Dead Hard is lined up to be swapped.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,975

Off the record plus three random perks is technically an improvement, I guess?

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 1,355

Windows is way overpowered. It gives any potato the ability to run the killer for multiple gens by predropping and holding w

• dictepdictep Member Posts: 1,333

If devs nerf camping and tunneling you would see a ton of perk combinations. But again this easy strategies to win will make survs use the same perks

• ZephinismZephinism Member Posts: 431

Every time I run a meme build killers take it like I'm insulting their mother and camp and tunnel me harder than usual lol.

this was me memeing around before hawkins went away.

• VideoGameMageVideoGameMage Member Posts: 160

Prove it still good, unbreakable was untouched, BT was made even better, DS will still be used because it combos well with new OTR. All this "shake up" did was make sure spine chill, iron will and dead hard will no longer be used as much. The perks they did buff were nice (except calm spirit and botany), but I doubt you'll still see people running sole survivor. I don't think anybody on the PTB ran sole survivor.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,824

Eh for people worried about the META I'd say don't bother you're probably not good enough at the game for META changes to matter anyway. Myself included.

I'm also hoping for more varied gameplay, the perk changes are a good start.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 6,026

Solo survivors run what they need to run to make up for their teammates. BHVR kinda made survivors a team role and kinda didn't, so I basically have to go into every match assuming I'm on my own and pack accordingly. Changing it up as solo survivor just equals a faster death.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 2,722

I mean ironically the perks that help solo the most are the ones people are never willing to use, Windows/Kindred/Empathy. They give you tremendous amounts of information you can use to make decisions as if you had the knowledge of an SWF. Instead they double down on crutch second chances and cry its necessary.

The only meta perks i've been using for ages are spine chill and dead hard, and only as a matter of preference. they've always been the first two i switch off for any challenges that require other perks or playstyles. BT was never necessary if you were able to lead the killer away from the hook in chases instead of trying to unhook right in front of their faces. and if they ignored you? you should be pumping out gens to punish their decision. Leading a killer away from a hook or potential 3gen is incredibly strong at resetting their pressure, but people dont want to bother learning things like that when they can get BT at basekit and get the perk itself buffed to boot.

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 1,436

It's not that people don't want to lead the killer away. It's often that the killer just stays close to the hook. Even if you manage to leave them away a little bit, if they don't see an easy hit/down they immediately turn back to the hook.

But yeah, if a killer is actually cool enough not to proxy camp or tether themselves back to the hook than sure, BT isn't necessary.

I mean, obviously the devs disagree with your take or else they wouldn't make BT basekit.

• Gary_ColemanGary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

But I already don't play with the meta perks. Dead Hard is boring af. I would rather not use an endurance perk, if Dead Hard were my only option.

• The_C12H15NO2The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 324

Same, i hope the meta changes for both sides and multiple builds become viable. But i'm skeptical. My guess is we'll see OTR instead of BT & other exhaust perks over DH on the survivor side. For killer side gen regression is nearly dead so those builds will have COB or just gen blocking perks like dead man switch and grim embrace.

We'll see, i'm hopeful the game will be better with this update.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 2,722
    edited July 14

That is a self fulfiling scenario. I lead killers away from hooks constantly, and im not even a great looper. I just understand map pressure and do what I can to help with it. Does it work every single time? of course not, some killers can and will camp regardless. But i also use that information to make myself theoretically invincible knowing they refuse to come after me when it would cost them their own pressure.

I guarantee I succeed at it more frequently than survivors unhooking in the killers face and basically encouraging them to camp and tunnel.