Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How many Survivors are gonna stop playing after the update next Tuesday?

Comments

• WARW0LFWARW0LF Member Posts: 200

steamdb and killer queue times will tell us how the update went, i wont play it but im interested to see the reaction

• KaitsjaKaitsja Member Posts: 1,099

I think the meta change was necessary, but some of the killer perk buffs were unnecessary, namely Thana.

• WesCravenFanWesCravenFan Member Posts: 1,589

I am looking FORWARD to this update.

Anyone quitting is just sad they are losing their precious Dead Hard / Iron Will that has been carrying them for half a decade.

• SwampofferingSwampoffering Member Posts: 384

Potato survivors still being potatoes no Matter what. If 4 potatoes plays a SWF, fine, easy Game for me, killing potato squads is omega fun.

SoloQ is a Nightmare because average survivor level is ultra low, not because the killer. If your team mates decides to walk for the map opening chest while a Bubba is Facecamping you, that is not SoloQ problem, is survivors skill level being average.

I try to reach Rank 1 every month on both sides, so I try to level Up both sides at the same time. Ash 3 surv, then killer and then surv.... I play soloQ always and is not that bad as you say.

You only use soloQ as an excuse to make SWF Bully squads and try to destroy Killers, until Nurse shows Up and smash you xD

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 4,068

...Genuine question, what does any of that have to do with this patch? Nothing in those games you outlined is being affected by this upcoming patch, except for that Dead Man's Switch can't be paired with Pain Res anymore so you'll probably see it less, which is an improvement.

I certainly agree solo queue has its unique frustrations, but those frustrations just aren't affected by this upcoming patch either way, with one exception - you are getting the improvements of not needing to rely on teammates for safe unhooks and a few nice perk buffs to play around with. So, the downsides are largely unaffected, and you are getting some improvements in other areas... that sounds like a good thing to me.

Sure, Thana Legion/Plague is gonna be annoying, but... it's only 2% and Thana Legion/Plague is already annoying, I don't really think that's the biggest deal- the patch is still overall very good for both sides.

• ViskodViskod Member Posts: 845

Oh yes, that extra 1.8 seconds on a generator when all survivors are injured. Such an overwhelming buff. Especially with survivor healing being as plentiful and fast as it is.

The Pain Resonance/Dead Man Switch Combo is gone.

Pain Resonance will no longer give away which generator has the most progress or if survivors were working on it.

Pop Goes the Weasel is gone.

Corrupt Intervention deactivates as soon as someone is downed.

The buff that Overcharge got was destroyed to the point of making the perk worthless.

But please, go on about all of these unnecessary killer buffs.

• egg_egg_ Member Posts: 1,092

The point was to change the meta. Killers meta relies on slowdown perks. They nerfed a couple - good. Why did they overly buff others? There was no point buffing thana, eruption, overcharge or gift of pain at all. DMS and Deadlock, two of the strongest slowdowns, untouched. Killers meta will still be 4 slowdowns, just different ones

So yes, unnecessary buffs will get called out, especially in such a patch that really foreshadows a lot more camping and tunneling (since they're explicitly being buffed with every single change)

• HommeBizarreHommeBizarre Member Posts: 341

I never played with the meta. I don't see any reason to stop

If people wants to leave the game because of that, please do, we dont need them

• dictepdictep Member Posts: 1,333

No you're kind of wrong everywhere here.

Eruption requires you to be constantly moving around the map kicking multiple generators to get a benefit out of it. That's preferential to camping, is it not?

The "buff" to Thanataphobia is so insignificant its pointless.

Overcharge was only buffed on the PTR, The condition its going to be in next week on live is going to make it a dead perk. It will only be used if someone is going to dedicate their selves to kicking generators as a build and they combine it with Call of Brine, but just tapping the generator stops that. It's not instant regression. It's 1 charge every 2 seconds and speeds up to just 1 charge per second after 30 seconds.

Gift of Pain is a Scourge Hook Perk. It should be strong because it requires a Scourge Hook, and that's not always a certainty. Not to mention that now people using Saboteur can SEE Scourge Hooks so Scourge Hooks are easy to priority sabotage now.

There's nothing wrong with Deadlock. It literally protects the progress of the next most progressed generator for a time letting survivors build up progress on another one and then when it's duration is over you've got two generators close to being done and you're in a better position.

You say camping and tunneling has been buffed with "Every single change" but that's not true. Everyone will be using Off The Record now not to mention getting a speed buff off of the hook, and if people start using Sprint Burst instead of Dead Hard that just means more Sprint Bursts away from hooks.

Also, there's nothing wrong with Dead Man's Switch. Outside of The Artist the killer is actually going to have to push you off the generator to use it, so you can't really complain about DMS being used and camping at the same time because there's only one killer who can do that and there's an audio cue for when she's going to try.

Not really, I'm not wrong.

The fact that they buffed other slowdown perks is not mutually exclusive to the buff camping & tunneling got. From their original Dev Not:

"When looking at the perks most used by Killers, there’s a very clear trend: any perk that helps prevent generators from being powered - slowdown perks for short - are favored. Slowdown perks should be an option, but not the only option to stay competitive."

Yet they buffed other slowdowns, not really giving any incentive to killers to changing the perks they're using, and actually giving a lot more synergy to different perks that have the same requirement of kicking gens and that stack together (Overcharge, Call of Brine, Eruption). So where's the meta change? Same applies to thana, call it irrelevant as much as you want, thana was already getting passively buffed by the generator times being upped. It did not need the extra %.

This doesn't mean tunneling and camping work won't work with this, and actually the sole existence of OtR incentivises killers to getting that endurance hit as early as possible, to get rid of it, especially considering that hook trading will be a lot faster because of the cooldown hit animation being shortened - and the trader can be left slugged if the situation is favorable, for example if there are no pallets around guaranteeing an easy second down.

Deadlock is NOT fine as it is. It was already one of the best facecamping perks. Now generators taking longer while hook stages taking exactly the same time, adding to the passive value obtained by deadlock while not movign an inch away, will make it even easier.

Also about DMS, let's pretend that high mobility killers don't exist. Artist is not the only one that can make that perk stupidly broken.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,805

I'm honestly more likely to play survivor if role populations are balanced and matchmaking is tighter.

• Chaos999Chaos999 Member Posts: 610

I guess a bunch of people will stop playing... For 3 or 4 days, then go right back

No you are wrong. Factually wrong in some cases.

The extra 1.8 seconds includes the new generator times. If every person is injured the buff to thanataphobia with 90 second generators is an increase of 1.8 seconds.

Overcharge was nerfed. After you kick a generator with Overcharge it regresses at 75% of normal regression speed. It takes 12 seconds just to get it up to the 100% a regular kick would instantly get it to. No one is going to use that unless they are committing to a generator kicking build and combining it with Call of Brine and Eruption, and if they're running around kicking generators to get the most out of Call of Brines time limit and Eruption, then they're not camping.

JFC you are literally contradicting yourself. You ask where the Meta change is if people are using Overcharge, Call of Brine, and Eruption which were not Meta perks! If someone is running all of those, then that's not the old Meta of BBQ, Corrupt Intervention, Pain Resonance, Dead Man's Switch/Pop Goes the Weasel.

High mobility Killers still have to run around the map checking generators to get the most out of DMS, which means they aren't camping.

I also believe you don't actually understand how many killers Camp and Tunnel but don't really like doing it, but feel they have to do it if they want to get kills. A lot of killer players would much rather run around chasing survivors but feel like if they do that, then they just lose because generators go so fast.

There's never going to be a solution for the trolls that literally tunnel and face camp because that's what they enjoy doing, but there's more people that would rather chase if they felt like they could win that way.

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 1,300
    edited July 15

I don't know how I'm going to survive without my Dead Hard and Iron Will!!!!! I'm out of here!!!

• KajdanKiKajdanKi Member Posts: 218

This game has no real competetive scene so changes will be fun for me as survivor anyway. I already started to play without DH to get use to it haha.

Let the changes come !

• HexDevourAvocadoHexDevourAvocado Member Posts: 95
    edited July 15

Buffing killers without buffing soloq will be even more painfull.

When ur solo team is healing a lot against legion ,if u add thana it will be unplayable.

I am happy with the killer buffs and nerfs on perks.

But simply as that,giving more power to a camper,or adding power to a good killer to go against soloq survivors is gonna be dead game from the first 5 minutes.

There are games where I get a good team in soloq but it 1 out of 10.

So 9 games soloq survivors who dont get a good team will have to sweat to either get hatch or escape or even do a couple of gens.

(also lemme point out that i played on ptb against a good legion with buffed thana.And I tried thana legion myself without any other slow down perk.They did one gen and they starting dc and dying,SO it is not about being annoying.Against a good swf is playable,against soloq with a good killer ,is not)

Like I said, I certainly agree that solo queue has its frustrations, but what exactly are BHVR supposed to do about bad teammates? The changes that need to be made to solo queue have nothing to do with the quality of your random teammates, they're just the risk you agree to take when you queue up on your own.

I also don't fully agree that they've buffed camping, btw. Against Leatherface yes, but against most other killers they've made rescuing against a camper more effective, so it mostly breaks out even.

If they had buffed solo queue in this patch, which would look like the status icons on the portrait and other things like showing your teammate's perks in the match details, would that have changed any of your examples?

Fix matchmaking.After 6 years behaviour needs to fix matchmaking :) There you go.

Matchmaking is better now than it's ever been before, and games with better matchmaking than DBD still have the issue of random teammates doing weird nonsense that doesn't help the team.

It's always going to be there, especially since there's not much requirement to be a team player in this game. Solo queue is not going to get measurably worse from a balance standpoint in this patch, and is in fact set to get a little easier in most scenarios because you don't need to rely on teammates as much for some things-- which means that even when you get matched with raccoons walking across a keyboard, you're not going to be as harmed.

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 1,436

I have a canoe trip on Wednesday. So I won't be able to check out the new update really until the following Monday. I will have all killers and survivors with all perks and level 8 or 9. So with the grind done, I'm less likely to play as much anyway. But I'm also pretty skeptical about the survivor changes anyway. If I really don't like what I see, I'll probably take a decent break. But who knows, maybe I'll like the changes.

Firstly I think is fun when you rely on your teammates.Dbd survivors shouldnt be competitive,you need to co-op to have a good time and a chance to win.By win I dont mean to just hide,do the gen,and escape.

Secondly by ''matchmaking'' is better now ,you mean that is okay that people with 10k hours get matched with people who have 8hrs?

Or that a bush claudette escaping through hatch counts as a win and if you loop the killer for long time but you die,you are consindered less skilled ?

Is it a fair game for a 8hr player to go against a 5k hours killer?

And with matchmaking being so awesome is fine to have 9 bad games and 1 were u actually felt like it was a good game.

I think it can and must be improved.

Also I'm a teamplayer and since everyone else wants to play in an non altruistic way,like i said im done.

And if ''its always gonna be there'' I think many other people will leave too.

I never asked for dbd to be perfect.But I want to be able to play 10 games before going to work and feel chilled and good about it.

If not 10 good games at least 4 where I matched with genuine people who want to play.

Also if you think that there's not much requirment to be a team player,I think we are talking about a different game.

There is game requirment.That's why survivors are given 2 health states and 2 hooks.

Anyhow,I'm out.Well see how it goes on upcoming patch i guess.Gl on ur next games if u playin :)

• Bonesy1997Bonesy1997 Member Posts: 7

It is necessary though because so many of the community has already left or wanted to leave because it got stale. Its not like they've kept all perks same and removed "good ones" they have made changes to actually try to benefit the game like most games do! So if your friends only wanted to stick yo one build set and never deviate then they miss out on a good game I guess. They either rely too much (less face it the meta was second chances essentially) or was comfortable and I get that but wheres the harm in trying new perks?

edited July 18

I don't know what to say when you keep arguing about thana like that, you're just doing it on purpose then. Raising the generator time was already passively buffing thana. It did not need an ulterior buff on the base percentage, period. Doesn't matter the quantity, a buff is a buff.

I'm not contraddicting myself, what are you on about? They wanted to change the meta, which relied on slowdown perks. Changing perks whilst achieving the same effect is NOT changing meta, it's just a poor rebranding attempt.

I don't really care if they like doing it or not. That's a non argument, because it can be applied on the receiving side as well, and the funniest part is usually the survivor can do nothing about it unless in a very coordinated team. I'm sure they like it

Post edited by egg_ on
  • RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,936

I'd imagine things will remain pretty similar.

I'm pretty hyped for the inevitable ban wave of 'emotional' users, though, once the patch drops.

The forums are the real game.

The forums are the real entertainment.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,975

Well, yeah, sadly balance does involve frustrating 80% of the playerbase. And this response is probably exactly why they avoid doing it. I always admitted that killer mains were the more whiny of the two, however, these slight adjustments have, unfortunately, proven me wrong. I try to give the benefit of the doubt where I can, but man, survivors take the cake as usual.