Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Game Balance Attempt

Comments

• SekiSekiSekiSeki Member Posts: 513

If they added this to Haddonfield, I'd be less inclined to push for it. It'd still be a headache, but not an infinite headache.

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    edited July 21

They're good, but I have 2 I'm on the fence about.

Bitter Murmur:

Generators reaching 90% are now highlighted yellow for the killer for 5 seconds or until completed.

Claustrophobia:

Generators reaching 90% are now highlighted yellow for the killer for 5 seconds or until completed.

They shouldn't have the same effect, and that effect is already covered by Tinkerer.

I don't think Bitter Murmur really needs any changes, it does its job well, but gets outclassed by Perks that activate more frequently.

Claustrophobia should block all Windows near the completed Generator indefinitely, until a different Generator is finished, aswell as breaking all dropped Pallets.

I think it wouldn't be an overpowered effect, as it only activates 5 times, and whenever it does activate, the Killer usually isn't nearby to make use of the Perk, and even if the Killer is nearby, looping a Survivor around a completed Generator is a waste of time

• BubbleBusterBubbleBuster Member Posts: 387
    edited July 21

a lot of good balance changes in the perk section

not too sure I like the relic mechanic but it looks like a nice way to counter camping

i like DS basekit, always wanted that; I'd also take any solution to tunneling that isnt DS basekit but whatever

breakable windows sound like a better version of breakable walls because there is never any situation where NOT breaking the wall is better than breaking it since vaults favor survivors

Ties of Light sounds neat but not enough. There needs to be more communication in order to lift up soloQ to swf or else balancing this game will be impossible.

not too sure about being healed being a conspicuous action

i like the killer changes; missing that blight should only be a 110% killer though. extremely high mobility and versatility with no downside but a cooldown needs to be weaker imo

Yeah, you're right. I figured giving a notification before activation would help in getting value out of it, but it was rather lazy of me haha.

Damn that sounds scary with Claustrophobia. Maybe just extend the duration then. From 30 seconds to 90 seconds and will only affect the last gen completed.

Ties of Light maybe affects all actions then? Example, highlighting a totem, or healing survivors.

Being healed as a conspicuous action is necessary to prevent exponential or no mither abuse. Also, OTR should disable on being fully healed anyway.

I can agree to that blight change, that sounds like a good change. I was on the fence about it before. I took away his ability to break pallets with his rush, but that might have been too much.

Changed Ties of Light. Added more Killer perk changes.

Added interruption of the Relic.

90 seconds for the first four Generators and indefinitely when the last one is finished? I could get behind that

That Clairvoyance buff is scary.

I'd probably remove the empty-handed conditions, reduce the range to 48 Meters and increase the duration to 15-20 seconds.

I think having to cleanse a Totem for it to activate is fine, but it'd be better (and would fit with Mikaela more) if it also actived whenever you blessed a Totem, but only once (maybe once per Totem), so you can't just get it to work an infinite amount of times

Haha, oops. Yeah I guess that is a bit much. I'll make the change.

What about, range 48m, duration 15 s, and after completing any interaction with a totem? It can be done up to 5 times.

exponential and no mither abuse exists?

imo those dont exist.

No Mither gives you a big enough downside to be okay to be "abused" and exponential you can kick the totem. I see no reason to add healing to conspicuous actions

I think OtR should instead deactivate on protection hits. That way you can get healed, profit from the anti-tunneling benefits and not take 2 hits for a teammate.

the problem with Ties of Light is that it gives too little info, even with other actions added to it. While it is an organic idea that could be put in the game today without any new things that need to be added, it just does not do a good enough job to decrease the gap between swf and soloQ.

A system that would show what your teammates are doing at all times + some sort of callout system like sending short preset messages (Stuff like "I am unhooking", "Killer Nearby", "Gen nearly done") or a ping system would be lovely.

It would be a good solution before a more in-depth system is implemented.

I think it s fine if Blight breaks pallets with his ability. If he couldnt do that he'd drop B or C-Tier since simply dropping a pallet while he s using his power would make it so he could not reach the survivor at all + has to go through the cooldown of his rushes + has to break the pallet.

Imo he needs add-on nerfs + base movement speed decrease. If it worked to tone down spirit, it should work on blight as well

a predropped pallet is better than an infinite.

some breakable walls are literally that alread. nearly every wall in the dead dwag's saloon main building is basically a predropped pallet.

a more straightforward variant of a breakable wall seems nice

I don't think there should be a way to take advantage of game mechanics ever, regardless of the downsides. No mither, boil over on certain maps highlight that if something can be abused it will be. I can see the argument for OTR, but it can come in clutch sometimes when the killer has exposed on the survivors and I think that play should be kept.

Haha, you might have to give survivors pagers then, which wouldn't be all that ridiculous. Channel something while empty handed to communicate with the other survivors in the trial.

I don't think he would drop down that far, he would just feel less fun to play. When he is forced to break the pallet, he can just rush and catch up pretty much instantly anyway. But the problem lies will how bad that would feel playing him. Yeah I agree with the add ons.

Shoot some more buffs on the niche perks. I'm game to add them in, killer or survivor.

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 4,056

By and large I think these perk changes are mostly decent, a few I would have some minor quibbles with but nothing that I'd want to devote time to in a response that's sure to be lengthy enough on its own lol. I feel the same way about the killer changes too-- I honestly don't think Nurse should have range or recharge addons at all given how strong her power is without those benefits, but reducing what she has down to something more manageable is a perfectly legitimate angle. Making her attacks special attacks is also long overdue.

Blight and Spirit I don't have the knowledge to speak on confidently, but I do know people want those addons nerfed so attempting to tackle them at all is another plus. Good stuff there!

Now, on to the meat of the suggestions- the new mechanics and basekit changes!

I'll tackle them in order here:

Breakable Windows: I am somewhat wary about making this a blanket thing for all non-tile windows (by which I assume you mean things like Haddonfield house windows?), because I think some of those are probably going to be a problem if they're broken. If nothing else it'd do pretty dramatic damage to a survivor's options on Lery's, haha. Still, the idea of it is pretty sound so it could easily be something folded into maps alongside non-tile windows like breakable walls were- I'd like to see it tested before I sign off but the idea is interesting.

Perseverance: A basekit version of DS isn't the worst idea in the world, but I am somewhat concerned as to how easy it would be to abuse. With the Conspicuous Actions change it'd be mediated a little, but I'd also want to suggest adding entering a locker to the list, just so people can't force a stun aggressively. Once again, it'd need testing, but the idea isn't inherently ridiculous-- DS only hits you if you're tunnelling in the majority of cases, and this would be no different.

Ties of Light: If I'm reading this right, this is basically a budget Kindred for solo queue players, right? An indication at steady intervals as to where your teammates are, so you can make an informed decision? I'm not against it but I'd rather just see the teammate aura of Kindred made basekit, and have the perk also show the killer's aura. I respect attempting to give Kindred use still, but I think it's one of those perks that should be used less often than it is, because it's a perk that people feel they need instead of one they want to bring.

The Relic: This one I need a bit more explanation on- is this a static object, or an item you can pick up? Either way, I'm not quite sure what the idea is supposed to be-- anti-camp, I think? Something to force the killer away from the hook so they can chase the Relic's holder and get generator blocking, in exchange for letting survivors get a save? If that's the goal, it's interesting, but needs a little more refining. My assumption is that the skill checks are meant to be what gives the killer some direction to move towards, but I don't like that one player can mess up their teammates by picking up the Relic when they don't expect it- instead of that, how would you feel about the Relic's holder having their aura revealed to the killer? That way the killer is pushed towards the place where they'd get clear and obvious value, and there's a little risk associated with being the one that holds the Relic.

If I've misunderstood any of that do let me know!

Overall, I think these ideas have legs. With some refining they'd be quite viable.

• ByeByeQByeByeQ Member Posts: 664

That breakable window idea is really intriguing and I like it. I think it should have a long animation at maybe 3+ seconds so the killer has a harder decision in chase.

I would love to be able to break some of the atrocious windows that made it into Garden of Joy and Haddonfield. Some of those windows are so bad I would automatically break them if I followed a survivor to them even if breaking the window took 4 seconds.

Awesome feedback, I appreciate it. You got everything on the nose outside of the relic. I didn't have the intention of making it an item at first, but now that you say it, I like that idea. Letting everyone know that someone has picked up the relic is definitely necessary. I assume it would be similar to Pin-Head's Box, get a sound cue then have an aura reading on top of that. A few seconds after the sound cue, the skill checks would begin.

Honestly, I didn't consider Lery's. Maybe change non-tile to house windows? It wouldn't affect every map but when I think about obnoxious windows, they involve houses.

I thought about the locker thing with DS before and yeah, that is probably for the best.

Appreciate ya for weighing in.

Yeah those windows are miserable. Even a 3 second animation would be worth it.

Changed Relic description. Changed non-tile window to house windows within the breakable windows section.

• FeryGENFeryGEN Member Posts: 445

"Eruption:

Generator regression from 10% to 8%. Incapacitated affect from 25 s to 16 s."

dude, stop! I wanna report u...

This perk was recently with these values, and you want to make it weak again, it is not very good with these values ​​either. Oh my god

"Territorial Imperative:

Now reveals the auras of survivors within the basement, no cooldown, no condition."

hello basement trapper and hag?

"Clairvoyance:

Now activates upon completing any action on a totem, for up to 5 totems. Interacting with another totem resets the timer. Range is reduced from 64 m to 48m. Duration extended from 10 seconds to 15 seconds."

Its meaning was originally to search for hooks, gens and a hatch, and not to abuse window tech.

Gen regression should not be as strong as it is. That is why everyone uses slowdown. We need build variety and nerfs to slowdown is the only way to do it.

If they want to waste a perk slot to see auras, then go for it. You already want Agitation, Iron Grasp, Monstrous Shrine, MYC, Pain Resonance, the list continues. I'd rather them waste a perk slot on this than MYC.

I don't understand what you mean by abuse window tech. I'm attempting to make the irrelevant perks worth running. I'm not hardcore set on it but I don't see how this is a bad change.

Hardcore debating just giving kindred base. Kindred would need a new effect. Not too sure yet.

Reworded Relic for clarity.

Added Hook change. Included calculation for gen repair penalties.

• kaskaderkaskader Member Posts: 265

What is this cringe? yea nerf killers again after they became playable after a year.