Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Overreacting about solo Q

toxik_survivortoxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,029

Solo Q has always been the same. I would say low MMR solo q is really the only actuall disadvantage for solo survivors, but mid and high mmr solo q is not that mutch different before and after patch. Once you play the game so much you have a general idea of where people are and what they are doing. I've played solo q for 3,500k hours and maybe 500 hours of swf, and at this point the only disadvantage of solo q is not being able to communicate where hex totems are. Overall in higher to mid MMR you sont really need a mic because most of the time survivors have a general idea of what's going on and when and where to do things at certain times. The only thing that really makes this invalid is if the mmr system cucks you up and gives you a urban evading self caring nea when you are on the higher side of mmr.

Now people are going crazy on how bad solo q is after patch. I understand this because my experiences after patch is mostly just people not doing gens, but that's to expect right now. Thinking of sitting on a gen for 2 years is very unappealing and most survivors would want to do something else like try to use a perk, get chased, or do differnt objectives like totems chests or anything but gens. But that's just right now. In a moth or 2 gen rushing will be back and killers will start complaining about that again, but we armt going to get deep into that.

Along with gen times being increased people say solo q is terrible after patch because ds and dh were nerfed giving them no second chances (and the meta perks in general), but this teaches survivors not to rely on gen rush and no skill perks. Survivors were able to use these perks with not mutch skill and waste so mutch of the killers time. I'm not exactly blaming the survivors though because having the ability to use these perks just made things mutch easier and I would more blaim the devs for allowing for such a huge handicap in this game. That leads to people now not being able to rely on there second chance perks anymore and now it's coming out that the majority of people are very bad at looping and survivors just have to go through that stage of getting good at looping with no perks to help. Once people adapt things will go back to normal and this game will be heading in a very positive direction. (It has been for a while but it will be even more)

Comments

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,340

also not to mention in newer player matches killers were vastly superior role no matter what, mostly because survivors NEEDS knowledge to pull off a chase.

It's same for low MMR in extent.

• OscarnatorOscarnator Member Posts: 307

Except 90% of players in SoloQ are bad. By you’re survivors should lose 90% of the time beacuse BHVR doesn’t know what a skill play is. In most team games you can most definitely carry by yourself. This logic would hold if SoloQ wasn’t the weakest role in the game.

Did you know the fact killers will not 4k nearly every match? it might not be an idea that can easily be accepted, but it's there.

most team games aren't asymmetrical, this is why you are allowed to carry a team (even then they can easily lose).

If 90% of players in SoloQ are bad, they deserves to lose, if we gonna handhold bad players to win for absolutely no reason, game will be pure mess of a balance.

• toxik_survivortoxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,029
    edited July 22

Why you just make this up lmao. I am a die hard survivor main. There is no point in this post. I do not make survivor sided nor killer sided comments. Am am one in the middle

Yeah, people are trying out killers because those who only played survivors can now try to play (and maybe win) as a killer, which is healthy for the game.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 3,206

I think one of the reasons could be because solos are pretty bad right now.

• H2HH2H Member Posts: 104

I’d say 60% of my time in this game is solo queue survivor (the other 40% is killer, all my friends quit the game years ago because they’re smarter than me). And honestly, IN MY EXPERIENCE solo queue is not nearly as hard as people make it seem. Truthfully, survivor is what I play when I want a chill, relaxed time. I don’t necessarily survive every game but it’s not stressful or demanding. Maybe that means I’m looking at it differently than everyone, but the idea that solo queue survivor is like orders of magnitude harder or whatever just doesn’t fit with my experience.

Not really, most of soloq players had sub 10% escape rate anyway, reducing it to 0% does legit nothing.

solo q is not all of the matches, and you aren't playing all the games that happened.

• lav3lav3 Member Posts: 417

Solo Q has been ignored and neglected so long and after patch timebomb just exploded.

Just adapt? That's what I heard back when Undying was released.

BHVR made such a terrible mistake giving huge buffs to killers and not touching Solo Q at all.

• rvzrvzrvzrvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 534
    edited July 22

I mean they made camping and tunneling even more effective and you say people are overreacting... they should atleast hotfix DS back to 5 seconds until they balance the game properly, it's rly bad right now

You can literally face camp with gen regress and can guarantee 2 kills almost every single match. Your MMR is raised. So what the game counts as a “win” is sitting on a hook until they die. Because if gen speeds and pretty much a looping nerf with the base kit killer abilities being buffed. So by your logic someone who ran the killer for 2 gens is worse than a person who facecamps all games and guarantees 2 kills. Killer is the only role where you can almost guarantee a kill in every instance unless you just don’t get hooks.

• drakolyrdrakolyr Member Posts: 283

Yeah, i'm pretty sure, you now my personal experience better. I'm just stating my opinion based on my experience. My friends had the same experience.

Yeah, i saw the site. And i dont think it can track everything and everyone, so i dont think i can trust on that.

For example, i only used Dead Hard in tombs, wasnt playing much of meta perks at all and most of my games are 4k stomps for the killer. Right now, i only play solo q.

Solo q needs buffs. And now its more shown than ever,

I mean, before the patch, every 5 game someone tunneled. Now its the other way around, only in every 5 game someone doesnt tunnel.

This! So much.

I still think base BT is not a buff at all, its way to short for that. Also killers can easy count to 5.

BT was strong before, cause a killer couldnt know if you have it or not. Now they know you have it, easy countered.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,166

You don’t happen to have a link to the site? I haven’t been able to find it.

Thats just wrong. For example Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 you can carry your team, same with Back 4 Blood, Aliens vs Predators, Friday the 13th if you get lucky with the item RNG, Secret Neighbor, Tick Tock a tale of 2, and Natural selection2. All symmetrical multi-player games where you can carry your team if you’re good enough. The only thing stopping is bad RNG or in DBD’s case if the killer goes for the weakest link first.

Good players should not be punished for BHVR’s HORRENDOUS MMR system that arguably does not even work as intended which various of YT videos have pointed out.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,299

MMR seems weird but aside from that my matches are the same as before the patch.

• Gamedozer7Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,218

You do realize all the games you mention expect for left 4 dead died.